Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Rooster Bob

1. Rooster Bob

MISSING AND BUCKING??

Any update from your dealer? I got about 150 miles post-Y78 before my truck started doing the exact same thing. No codes or anything so the dealer is trying to duplicate it today.
  2. Rooster Bob

Bucking in 2nd gear

Any update on this? My truck started doing the exact same thing when it got above 90F in NJ this past week. It does it for about 10-15 minutes from start up then stops doing it completely after that. I just dropped it off at the dealer but got a less than enthusiastic response from the service...
  3. Rooster Bob

Sliding Rear Window Noise

I'm having the exact same problem to the point where if I open the rear glass all the way the motor can't reclose it without my help... - Did you ever solve this?
  4. Rooster Bob

Engine Mount Problem?

Cummins
  5. Rooster Bob

Engine Mount Problem?

Ever since purchasing my truck ('20/2500) new back in January the drivers front has clunked whenever I go over speed bumps, pot holes, etc. It just went in for its first service so I had the shop verify that the suspension and body mounts were tight along with anything else. They couldn't find...
  6. Rooster Bob

Transforce AT’s.....the good, the bad, the ugly????

Yes - On the beat up NJ roads I take to work, the truck was jittery going around rough corners and during the two foul weather days I commuted (rain/snow/slush) the rear was all over the place. I tried various air pressures 60-65-70 psig on the Transforces and it helped but didn't make a huge...
  7. Rooster Bob

Transforce AT’s.....the good, the bad, the ugly????

Just replaced them at 500 miles and managed to get $600 for the four. The difference in ride quality and wet weather traction from the Firestones to my new Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's is actually shocking.
  8. Rooster Bob

OEM Painted Running Boards

I'm on the third week of owning my 2020 Mega Cab which came with the black painted running boards. When I first went to look at the truck I was not enthused about seeing the rather small plastic step areas surrounded by black paint on the running boards because obviously they are going to get...
  9. Rooster Bob

Repurposing a WDH w/Sway hitch

Ok thanks - I'll figure out how to get everything in place and see how much adjustment my hitch has. The good news is the Raptor had a ton of squat so the hitch is set high in the bracket and has about two inches of drop possible. Even without the bars in the place the trailer was sitting front...
  10. Rooster Bob

Repurposing a WDH w/Sway hitch

Hi All, Back in September my wife and I purchased our first large travel trailer which was a Keystone Bullet 290 (34' overall/5,600 lbs dry). At the time I had a 2018 Ford Raptor which had a tow rating of 8000 lbs and a payload of 1,200 w/weight distributing hitch and 800 lbs w/o one. I knew it...