Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM Painted Running Boards

Rooster Bob

Reaction score
I'm on the third week of owning my 2020 Mega Cab which came with the black painted running boards. When I first went to look at the truck I was not enthused about seeing the rather small plastic step areas surrounded by black paint on the running boards because obviously they are going to get scratched. My truck just ticked over 500 miles and my driver side running board is already scuffed and scratched on the outer edge where there is no plastic. Has anyone found a product to protect the paint or should I just let them go and replace them down the road? I'm really surprised that someone thought black body paint was a good idea for these...

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I'm on the third week of owning my 2020 Mega Cab which came with the black painted running boards. When I first went to look at the truck I was not enthused about seeing the rather small plastic step areas surrounded by black paint on the running boards because obviously they are going to get scratched. My truck just ticked over 500 miles and my driver side running board is already scuffed and scratched on the outer edge where there is no plastic. Has anyone found a product to protect the paint or should I just let them go and replace them down the road? I'm really surprised that someone thought black body paint was a good idea for these...
Its not paint its powdercoat but the same thing happens with all steps if you don't know how to use the plastic step, if you want them to not scratch go get them coated in line-x or similar coating

Users who are viewing this thread