Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Mount Problem?

Rooster Bob

Reaction score
Ever since purchasing my truck ('20/2500) new back in January the drivers front has clunked whenever I go over speed bumps, pot holes, etc. It just went in for its first service so I had the shop verify that the suspension and body mounts were tight along with anything else. They couldn't find any problems with either but noted that the sound was coming from an engine mount which according to them was an issue they've seen more and more of recently. They went on to tell me that they even went so far as to replace the same mount on another guys truck but it made no difference at all so they opened a case with Ram who said they currently have no solution for the issue. Anyone else have this problem and/or found a fix?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They are pretty stupid if they think an engine mount would be over bumps and its pretty simple to test it…. Cab mounts is an issue that has been noted…. Now that being said i had the same noise now its gone after having it a while i just assume it was stiff rubbers that softened up after a while

Users who are viewing this thread