Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by red

1. R

DEF Limp Mode Countdown Has Started

My truck has been fixed. I'm impressed the dealer was able to get it back to me a day after I dropped it off with no appointment. It needed no parts other than what was included for the 90A recall. Seems like driving at a steady highway speed was key to getting rid of the derate message. I've...
  2. R

Thanks. Will have to wait to see what the dealer says. My truck has the 90A recall still outstanding so they'll likely take care of this also.
  3. R

Driving on the highway yesterday, not towing, I noticed on the Evic that an automatic regen had started. About 5 minutes into this regen, the Service DEF See Dealer message appeared on the evic. After a few seconds, this went away with the Automatic Regen message reappearing. Eventually the...
  4. R

Rear Fuel Filter Cap issues

Un-screw the drain valve completely. There's a small o-ring that probably picked up some dirt. Clean the ring, lube with engine oil and put it back together. If it still leaks get a new o-ring.
  5. R

Trans service

IMO, there's a repair option that's better than heli coils. I used time serts a few years ago to replace the aluminum threads that held the seat in place on my Indian Chief Vintage motorcycle. The kit wasn't cheap but worked like a charm.
  6. R

Customer Satisfaction Notice 90A Diesel Exhaust Fluid

According to my dealer, parts for the 90A are 3 weeks out for my truck. Fingers crossed as we have some -30C temps in the forecast this week.
  7. R

Customer Satisfaction Notice 90A

This is a screenshot of the 90A on the FCA website under my VIN.
  8. R

There was another customer satisfaction notice several months ago that required a software update to the DEF dosing unit on my truck. I had that done when my truck was in getting the upper glove box replaced under warranty (broken latch).
  9. R

Yes, in Canada
  10. R

Has anyone else received this? It basically says they're going to replace the DEF delivery module on my 2020 3500.
  11. R

Taking care of your truck - Heavy Winter Considerations

Tires! If you have the stock Transforce, swap them out for for some good winter rated tires.
  12. R

Dyi maintenance vs warranty

As long as you keep your receipts and some sort of a maintenance log, I don't think they can deny warranty.
  13. R

Transmission concern?

valve body torque converter
  14. R

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

Just bought one at a local dealer for my truck. The parts guy handed me the 53034051AB. Orange seal, no glue strips.
  15. R

2020 3500 Diesel Front Hitch

That's the one I have on my 2020 Cummins 3500. Fits perfectly.