Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Raidercat

1. R

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Finally got my 20 done. Waited almost 4 months for the pump after my “inspection”. Called to check on the status and was told they never placed me on a list or ordered the part and I would have to start the process over again. I sought out a smaller dealer after this and they fixed me up. Going...
  2. R

Ram cp4 failure thread - Post all CP4 failures here DO NOT start a new thread.

That sux!! Curious if you ran additives or not? Wishing you luck on getting it fixed fast as possible.
  3. R

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

Called my dealer today to check the status of my recalled part. It’s been 2 mos since I had the inspection. They are telling as of today that the fuel pump shows on backorder and they went from being able to order 2 pumps a week to not being able to order any right now. Also advised me that when...
  4. R

Ram cp4 failure thread - Post all CP4 failures here DO NOT start a new thread.

Father in law’s truck just went down with a Cp4 failure, metal in the fuel system. 2020 with 50K. Dealer in Odessa said 2 months for parts, won’t give a loaner truck. Figured they could get them on the road quicker than 2 mos maybe I’m too optimistic. I told her to open a case with Ramcares not...
  5. R

Service Def System See Dealer message

First and last time I buy the Platinum stuff. No issues using regular Blue and the one time I used Platinum my truck freaked out lol.
  6. R

Laramie Seats

I think my 20 Laramie seats are way more comfortable than my 2019 Tundra seats. Tundra was like sitting on a flat couch with no bolstering.
  7. R

Sounds like an investment I need to make thank you!
  8. R

Hope yours is good to go. Thinking back my def tank had Platinum Blue in it but I did not know about checking dates being a newbie.........it’s possible I could have grabbed some old stuff and put in the tank. I found some super fresh Blue Def and dumped that in there yesterday staying with the...
  9. R

Following up on this post, went to the dealer today. Truck had no codes and has been fine since that Def warning see dealer message. Dealer said go drive the truck lol.
  10. R

Ok thanks for the info I’ll make an appointment.
  11. R

Had the message Service Def System see dealer message pop up today while towing my camper home. Message stayed up for about 15-20 minutes then completely went away. Truck is a 2020 2500, 11K miles. I pickup it up Pre-Owned with 6500 miles on it. Since ownership for 1 month I’ve added 5...
  12. R

Best cheap temporary tonneau cover

I too recommend the Tyger soft trifold cover. Had it on my Tundra and it was really good for the money I paid. Mine did not leak one bit and was easy to take off in a pinch. I have a Bakflip Revolver on my Ram and it leaks water, the Tyger never let water in.
  13. R

No Cummins filters to be had

Just received a set of fuel filters from KLM today, couple bucks more than Geno’s not much more. I‘ve not been able to find Rotella anywhere…….was able to get Valvoline Premium Blue 10-30 at Napa monthly special for 14.99 a jug. First oil change I’ve done on this newish truck.
  14. R

Mega cab owners

2020 Megacab, I seem to be missing the same piece as well. I picked my truck up used and thought maybe the previous owner pulled it off. Guess that’s how they come?
  15. R

Finally pulled the trigger

I will try that out I have not driven the truck with the mirrors flipped out yet. Fixing to drive from Texas to NC to visit family so will be the perfect time to try it out.