Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Seats

JMT

Reaction score
My 22 Laramie crew cab has the hardest seats that I've ever sat on in a truck. Only have 1,000 miles on it but drove it for a few hrs this past weekend and my butt still hurts. The rough ride doesn't help much either.
Is this normal for their seats or did I just get lucky?? Makes me wish I had clothe seats or pay a fat guy to drive my truck around to break seats in.

I've lowered tire pressure (45/50) and put a thuren sway bar on thinking it would help ride but didnt notice much of a difference, some with tire pressure. These concrete interstates make for a rough ride.

sstoner911

Reaction score
My 22 Laramie crew cab has the hardest seats that I've ever sat on in a truck. Only have 1,000 miles on it but drove it for a few hrs this past weekend and my butt still hurts. The rough ride doesn't help much either.
Is this normal for their seats or did I just get lucky?? Makes me wish I had clothe seats or pay a fat guy to drive my truck around to break seats in.

I've lowered tire pressure (45/50) and put a thuren sway bar on thinking it would help ride but didnt notice much of a difference, some with tire pressure. These concrete interstates make for a rough ride.
Is this a 2500 or 3500? My 2021 Laramie seats were not hard, infact, I never had issues with the RAM seats concerning comfort.

Shocks probably a better option than a sway bar.

JMT

Reaction score
2500, rear air. Read where folks saying they were shocked on how much sway bar helped improve ride. I honestly can't tell a difference.

Raidercat

Reaction score
I think my 20 Laramie seats are way more comfortable than my 2019 Tundra seats. Tundra was like sitting on a flat couch with no bolstering.

Truckman

Reaction score
I don't find mine uncomfortable. Check tire pressure, mine were at 80 psi, way over what is needed for an empty truck. You have power seats. Try adjusting them in every way they go and you should be able to find a setting to relieve the uncomfortableness.

Riddick

Reaction score
You are not alone on this, my seats were the same way. Off the lot my seats were on the stiff side and on long rides I could definitely feel it on my bottom side. I am about to break 1k miles and they have gotten a lot better. The more I drive it the more comfortable they feel. For what its worth im 5' 11" and weigh 190-195, give the seats some time and they will break in. I guess I should mention I also have a 22 Laramie.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
All seats take time to break in....it's nothing new...I thought the same thing....it's very comfy now at 1800 miles....but I'm built like a man not an adolescent so your experience may differ.....haha....

JMT

Reaction score
I did take a short test drive and noticed the seats were stiff but hoping they would break in. I didn't expect to be sore after driving it for a few hours, lol. I had a 2500 big born for a rental and those seats were great.
I got EP so price was right and if I decide to trade it off I would b in good shape.
Driving 13 hrs next week for a hog hunt in TX, hopefully that will help break seats in.

I'm 5'10 190 lbs

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Remove the front sway bar it improves the ride over obstacles and pot holes, i found after 20-30 mins of driving my 19 the seats settled in but i am 6’2” 250lbs so results may vary lol

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
pay a fat guy to drive my truck around to break seats in.
Pretty sure this is your answer. I went from cloth seats in my 4th gen to the "leather" in the Laramie and have zero complaints. Could be due to the excess covid weight though.

Burton12387

Reaction score
You may get under the back and see if both of your air bags feel similar (squeeze and push with hand). There was a previous thread where some owners had to adjust the ride height sensors because one bag felt like it was pressurized way stiffer than the other, causing a rougher feeling ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
No issues with my Laramie Buckets. Did 400mi a day recently and didn't notice any adverse effects from me or passengers. I have varicose veins in rt leg. Some seats create pressure points to the veins. Thankfully the Ram is NOT one of them.

JMT

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm a little surprised I'm in the minority here. This is my 2nd 2022 Laramie, totalled my megacab the day I got it...guy ran a light, anyway I don't recall the seats being this hard. But then again I only put about 40 miles on it.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Ive got the bench in a Laramie truck and I find the seats to be great.

Then again, everyone's level of tolerance is different. If OP thinks a 2500 with air ride rides "rough" then his expectation and appetite for "comfort" is different than most HD truck users Id imagine.

324nemt

Reaction score
just turned 3, 000 miles on my 2022 Laramie 2500. I have had it a month after 6 month wait for order. Doesn't ride like my 2016 1500 Laramie but didn't expect it too. Ride is good though and no problems with seats from day one. Been some long 400 mile plus days. Job is making me travel more than expected, but hopefully ending soon and closer to home. Should probaboly add it has the air suspension.

JMT

Reaction score
These seats are hard regardless of the ride. You could put them in a 1500 and I would say the same thing. Before I even said anything to my wife she commented on how hard the seats are. I have had plenty of vehicles, had an f250, rode in plenty of heavy duties, and nothing compares to these seats...suckers are hard! Like riding on a piece of plywood, haha.

Erik

Reaction score
I traded in a 2020 limited 1500 for a 2022 laramie 2500 and was very happy to find the 2500 seats more comfortable and supportive In turns.

Users who are viewing this thread