Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Papa_smurf

1. P

2023 2500 Limited Break-in MPH

i sure as heck broke 80 on the maiden voyage of my 2022.
  2. P

Driving on eggs - not sure which sub-forum to put this

another vote for an out of round tire.
  3. P

Black smoke and the EPA

Of course I was joking, my truck is a stock 22, so all the climate saving goodies are equipped and functional. However, if they weren't.....
  4. P

Black smoke and the EPA

Only times i'd ever want to roll coal would be when passing a group of cyclists.
  5. P

Shhhhhh!

Still waiting on my form 4 Rugged Obsidian. only at about 100 days now, so hopefully more than halfway...
  6. P

2022 FIRST OIL CHANGE

haha, i tried that. It was all good until it was time to pull the dang filter through the tiny hole in the wheelwell. That caused the mess. tore a hole in the ziplock and oil went everywhere. Luckily I learned long ago to either do this in an area where oil spills aren't a concern, and to use...
  7. P

2022 FIRST OIL CHANGE

I'm due for a change soon. The first change kicked my tail trying to get the filter out without spilling anything. I need to buy one of those end caps that thread onto the filter before I change it this time. I tried without it the first time and it was pretty messy.
  8. P

Megacab owners - under rear seat storage?

I have 2 carseats installed in my backseat, so it isn't easy to flip the seats down and use the behind the seat storage, yet. (will be once the kids age a bit). I have some small plastic totes that I keep a trailer hitch, tie down gear, recovery gear, and a few tools in. I can fit 3 of the...
  9. P

What is the best looking and best performing 3 peak rated tire?

I'm going with the falkens. had them on my duramax and also on my jeep gladiator. performed great for me. I think they look good enough.
  10. P

no problems

12k miles on my 22. only problem is the uconnect losing radio presets often enough that i just stopped setting them. hopefully that goes away with a uconnect update sometime soon.
  11. P

Tires - Cooper STT Pro

Take a look at the Falken Wildpeak AT3/W in whatever size you want. I've had them on a chevy 2500 and a jeep gladiator. Both had great tread life and were fairly aggressive for an AT tire. They are what i'll be going with when my transforce tires are worn and need replacement. I'm at 10k on...
  12. P

Convex Main Mirror Upgrade?

I'm in, I'd want defrost, but no blind side monitoring. Hopefully not blue either. standard mirror finish.
  13. P

Weird stuff I see at Home Depot

He has a lot of faith in that tailgate. Better not accelerate quickly. Or stop quickly. If I had a nickel for every time I've heard "We ain't going far, we'll just drive easy."
  14. P

2021 Aisin beginning to FAIL at 55,000 miles! ** HOT 150HP TUNE **

The video gets pretty good at 29:30 and is great at 29:55!