Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no problems

william

Reaction score
I always see people post about problems on there truck. how many of you are happy with your truck and don't have problems?

jetrinka

Reaction score
I will admit to the problems i've had with the truck are fairly nit-picky. Nothing even close to major.

tchur1

Reaction score
Im knocking on wood as I type this but after ~6500 miles no issues. Truck has been amazing so far.

Based on how the internet works Id be willing to bet that 95%+ of us are really happy with our trucks and rarely have issues. You generally only hear the horror stories or the vocal minorities that want to shout their issues from the rooftops.

mcarey

Reaction score
Only have 8K one mine, but the only issues I have is that very occasionally the reverse lines don't display, and even more occasionally the ANC makes some ****ed up feedback in first gear while pulling out of my driveway. It never happens after the first shift, and never happens again on that drive. They are infrequent enough to not be able to make it happen in any repeatable manner, either.

Aside from that, completely 100% trouble free and operating as expected.

DrTron

Reaction score
You generally only hear the horror stories or the vocal minorities that want to shout their issues from the rooftops.
That, or people having genuine problems/questions seeking help.
In any case, a forum makes products look a lot worse than they actually are. And that's true everywhere, be it trucks or phones or whatever.

tchur1

Reaction score
In any case, a forum makes products look a lot worse than they actually are. And that's true everywhere, be it trucks or phones or whatever.
You right, I was being dramatic.

b307a1

Reaction score
My 2019 6.4 2500 Tradesman has been flawless. The only issues have been factory recalls.

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
hitting 20K miles in just over a year. Been a lot of places in her. Only issue, which I found when I went to pick up the truck, was the drivers seat switch for the seat back doesent always work. A year latter and I still haven't taken the time to take it in and get it replaced. So as you can see I'm not worried about it.

LOVE my 75th Power wagon. Talk it up all the time. Regret nothing with my purchase.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
25k miles in less than a year and zero issues. I'm blessed to have been able to buy my dream truck and plan to run it into the ground.

I have had some self-induced troubles but that's not Ram's or Cummin's fault. All figured out now. Growing pains as it's my first diesel and I like to tinker.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
12k miles on my 22. only problem is the uconnect losing radio presets often enough that i just stopped setting them. hopefully that goes away with a uconnect update sometime soon.

Will_T

Reaction score

I have talked to several people locally who have had problems with their diesel trucks. Mainly emissions related. I always ask them if they have read about similar issues online. I have yet to have any of them say they ever went on a forum to research it or discuss it. I have also many times referred people to a couple of RV forums I use. Always that is new, (and news), to them. I really think it is a very small percentage of overall truck users, even those with problems, that ever visit a site like this.

Problems happen. When I bought my current truck, I even got the extended warranty. I figured if I was one of the unlucky ones that needed it, I would just pay the deductible, get it fixed, and go on with life. What I did not think of was that we would ever be in our current situation where it takes weeks, or here months, just to get a dealer to look at a warranty issue. Then often weeks or months more for the dealer to get the needed parts and schedule repair. It seems like these days, unless you live somewhere with multiple dealers and some competition, or maybe a randomly good independent Ram dealer, you are just out of luck if you have a problem.

I have met two people in our area that lost their Rams to the dealer repair black hole and have had to purchase a 2nd truck to keep working. One guy just immediately replaced his with a new Ford that he got lucky to find. He figured he would just sell the Ford whenever he gets his Ram back. The other could not find a decent used or new truck so bought a van just to keep working. A third guy told me his brother had his new 2021 6.7 go down to an emissions system failure when just 2 months old. This happened last October. When I talked to him, (in April I think), after 6 months, the truck was still sitting at the dealer waiting for parts. Fortunately, he had not yet sold his old truck, so he uses that for his job while still making payments on the new Ram. This is the reality of things today, and unfortunately likely for the foreseeable future. Demographics seem to say that businesses are not going to find the employees they need as the pool of qualified workers is so small. I suppose if we have a huge contraction in the economy, the labor shortage might be helped. But then we will have a whole new set of issues to deal with.

Stopping my rant about the macro issues and getting back to the original question: In 1-1/2 years I have only had two small issues. On the first I got an appointment several months out to get it fixed but got lucky. Had the truck in a few days later for quick lube oil and filters and they just did it right then. The 2nd issue was a leaking shock. I had to wait 2+ months for them to look at it and confirm it was leaking. Then I got lucky again and only had to wait another couple of weeks for the shock to come in and be replaced. So, three months for the shock. Seems long but could have been much worse.

Firebird

Reaction score
15,000 on my dually, and no problems so far

Jacob

Reaction score
Just hit 36k miles on my 6.7 2500 tradesman. Been a beast of a truck with hardly a concern. I still have the cp4 whatever pump and don't care. Ac isn't the greatest but it works. Probably get the heater core shutoff valve some day.
One time I got a p0299? code when I used a fram air filter. Just went back to mopar and it's good. A few times the intake grid heater didn't come when I thought it should. No real worries though. Has plenty of power, drives great, quiet and comfy.

thecastle

Reaction score
2019 3500 with 50K miles. ITs been pretty reliable, but not trouble free. Of vehicles I've owned, so far its in the upper 3/4s for lack of defects and problems. The only cars I've owned that are more trouble free have been a Subaru Legacy GT, VW GTI, BMW 550 (current), so its near the top. Ironically the most unreliable vehicles I've owned have all been diesels, and as a diesel goes this is the best one yet. I've owned a 2011 BMW 335D and currently own a 2000 Ford F-450 with the 7.3 power stroke. The RAM has been better than both, in terms of issues. To be fare to both of them, the Ford is old, and the BMWs issues were nearly all emissions related.

The biggest hurtle I've had is finding a good ram dealer, even when there is competition, they still are some of the worst dealers I dealt. Only car worse has been VW. I called that dealer Satan's workshop, for how incompetent they were. The RAM dealers, when they actually can be bothered to do work are okay. But then again I have a 50-50 chance they actually fixed the problem at pickup.

Bluecoral

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with my '21 3500 after 16k miles, half towing a 10k lb camper. Super happy with the 6.7l.

Users who are viewing this thread