Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
..watched some youtube installs.
If my 2019 mirrors are the same as yours/we are talking about, I’m in.

Aaandroger

Reaction score
Count me in. just want to make sure, this is to replace the larger mirror of the passenger side, not the outside convex one.

I shot Suma an email last night to confirm. I also gave them the Mopar part numbers for the larger glass and the part diagram--just to be clearer in what we are looking for.

Aaandroger

Reaction score
First post updated with those that are interested. I will also respond here whenever Suma answers the email I sent them.

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
I am uncomfortable with the passenger side rearview

Could someone explain which part of my mirror are we talking about replacing?

I agree with smashing that hyper-magnified mirror and replacing it with one with a broader view.

Even my 27-foot RV has a simple truck mirror, cost $29 at North40, has a little convex circle on the bottom....works fine for the entire 27'.

Last edited:

snayte

Reaction score
I would be interested assuming the replacement will be moderately convex like most passenger side mirrors are.

Aaandroger

Reaction score
I am entirely uncertain of the passenger side rearview to the point I was thinking of trading in the truck with only 1,100 miles on it.
I replaced a mirror on my Silverado, it cost $500 and didn't have any lights, heat, or special features.

Could someone explain which part of my mirror are we talking about replacing? The whole unit, with all of it's electronics? - I'm not in.
Or
Smash that useless POS large mirror plate and replace it with one that should be there.. a normal, working mirror like on every vehicle built since 1907? ... if it's just the glass part... and it's less than the amount I'll lose trading in this truck due to it's built-in 20-foot blindspot... then I'll consider joining the go-list. (I don't expect them to actually smash it :)

Honestly I have never driven any vehicle with this bad a rearview. Even my 27-foot RV has a simple truck mirror, cost $29 at North40, has a little convex circle on the bottom....works fine for the entire 27'.
I asked Suma to replace just the glass of the larger mirror.

68401394AA and 68401395AA

#7 in the diagram linked below.

https://store.mopar.com/v-2020-ram-...or-mirrors-and-related-parts--exterior-mirror

Christofo

Reaction score
Heard back from Suma. They will do a pre-production run. Just need at least 20 folks. Cost will in line with their bronco mirrors, and depend on options:

-anti glare (blue)
- defroster
- blind spot monitor

Here is the link for the bronco mirrors.

I guess once we have at least 20 interested people, I'll will reach out to them for a purchase link.

1. Aaandroger
2. Cquilichini
3. Pool monkey
4. Rockarhyme
I'm in, passenger mirror drives me insane on my truck

waveslayer

Reaction score
I can't wait to get my truck and see if I'm added to this list or not. Only 2 weeks away

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

CFE

Reaction score
Following to see what the initial pre-production one mirrors look like in relation to OEM

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
I'm in, but I'm not thrilled to pay $210 for it. Ideally it would be under $100 or $150 at the most.

Edit: now that I see this is for both mirrors it sounds more reasonable.

Last edited:

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
You can add me to the prototype list.

I notice they come as a set of 2. ..I don't have any beef with the driver side (but after Thanksgiving dinner I tried backing into my garage and ....could have used a spare driver side mirror so...)

It's such a weak spot on my new truck, looks like Suma may fix it. Thanks for the communications.

Last edited:

dm6

Reaction score
I just set the passenger side bigger mirror to looking down the side/back and the smaller one for blind spot monitoring. Seems to me this was the intended operation to begin with.
Can you explain what you mean by this? I am not quite understanding. Do you mean you have the big mirror so you see the whole side of the truck, down to the back tire so you don't see any of the other lane with it, or what?

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
Set it so you can see just the edge of your bedside all the way back. Then adjust the Convex to see the rest from that point and inclusive of the lower side and out.

BubbaWilkins

Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean by this? I am not quite understanding. Do you mean you have the big mirror so you see the whole side of the truck, down to the back tire so you don't see any of the other lane with it, or what?
Somewhat. Mine is set to look down the side of the truck & trailer and covers the adjacent lane once behind the truck. The small mirror gives me the rest of the view along side the truck to minimize the blind spot. BUT, mine is a chassis cab with a flat bed, so I have no bed wall or fender to obstruct my view further. If I had gone with a traditional bed, I could see how the view would be more restricted.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
I'm in, I'd want defrost, but no blind side monitoring. Hopefully not blue either. standard mirror finish.

Users who are viewing this thread