Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Grenadiers

1. G

2022 3500 diesel, transmission query

Driving with the 3700# truck camper on, towing a small trailer, truck downshifts on a flat section of road. Using cruise and tow/haul mode, 70-75mph. Weird. Take it off cruise, and tow haul, slow down, I think I put it in neutral too. Happened twice. See pics for weirdness.
  2. G

2022 Premature Aisin Failures

Question on using tow/haul mode when hauling truck camper. I use this exclusively when traveling the 2500 miles to our place in Baja. Will this ‘help’ for overall transmission health, and particularly, the snap ring situation?
  3. G

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

Our 2022 3500 Laramie loaded and ready to hit the road last fall, for our 2500 mile trip to our winter retreat in Mulege, Baja. 50 gallon fuel tank is a winner!
  4. G

One other thing, I met a guy at a truck stop with a 5500, who tows for a living, and he recommended I should keep the tranny in tow/haul mode which I do on our 2500 mile Baja journey. Good idea?
  5. G

I don’t know, I go back and forth on it. Wife is nervous, and about the same time we found out her 2014 Kia Soul she loves, has potential engine failure at some point. We had a 2001 F350 7.3l that lost its transmission on one of those previous trips, while traveling In Missouri. $4500 later...
  6. G

New guy here, 2022 Laramie, long bed crew cab. 16,500 miles, build date 9/21. Need I worry? Just had about the 6th recall completed, and I took in a copy of the TSB to talk to them about it. Mostly a deer in the headlights response. They have one tranny guy, and I gave them the TSB and told them...