Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by GLB1950

1. GLB1950

Dash power

All I want to do is plug my camera into the dash power plug. I need to know if it's possible to convert the plug into ignition only power? I'm old and feeble and can't always remember to turn the camera off after I'm done driving.
  2. GLB1950

Console mount phone holder.

When my wife got her Nissan SUV, they said the navigation would have to be updated periodically for $$$$ We thought, why update the car when the phones update automatically. Got used to using the phone for navigation and never looked back. Hence my desire to have the phone up where I can...
  3. GLB1950

Console mount phone holder.

I like the magnetic mounts and tried to find one that didn't interfere with the uconnect or sit up so high to cause visual problems. This cost me $20 bucks for the ball mount and I made the aluminum bracket for mounting to the dash. It doesn't block anything I need to see and I can mount it...
  4. GLB1950

How to pull the 8.4 radio to replace the 12v on top of the dash?

Car Charger, AINOPE 4.8A All Metal Car Charger Adapter Mini Flush Fit USB Car Charger Dual Port Charging Compatible with iPhone 12/11 pro/XR/x/7/6s, iPad Air 2/Mini 3, Note 9/Galaxy S10/S9/S8-Black I got one of these for my wife's SUV and it charges pretty good.
  5. GLB1950

Let’s see the Two Tones, I don’t see many on the road

This is mine, had it for about 2 months now. I really like it.
  6. GLB1950

Megacab behind rear-seat compartment

Have ya looked under the drivers side rear compartment? There's a hole there that might work for a small compressor.
  7. GLB1950

DEF

Yeh, hasn't been cold enough here to freeze anything lately. And when it does freeze, it only goes down to maybe.....29 for a night.
  8. GLB1950

DEF

Thank you. My gauge dropped to 3/4 tank 500 miles ago and hasn't budged. After overfilling it, it still reads 3/4 tank. Why did RAM even bother putting a gauge in? Read several posts that said it would go many miles at 3/4 tank, then drop like an anvil to 1/4 tank. Go figger.
  9. GLB1950

DEF

Just put some DEF in the tank for the first time. I used the jug that is available everywhere. It didn't take the whole 2 1/2 gallons and splashed out as in overfill. Do I need to siphon some back out or am I going to be ok?
  10. GLB1950

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

Longhorn dually megacab HO and 17 speakers!!!;)Probably be ok even with a 43 gal. aux. fuel tank.
  11. GLB1950

Ram Wireless Charger

I use Mapquest way too much to even think of having the phone down and out of line of sight for it to be practical. And yes it would be a pita to remove the cover each time I had to charge it. I just leave it on the magnetic holder to the left of the mega screen where it's easier to see and...
  12. GLB1950

Bug Deflector

I'm a little confused. Back In the day, bug deflectors had a small little fin on the back to create an updraft to allegedly carry the bugs over your windshield. The ones out now don't appear to have any provision to do that.
  13. GLB1950

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I'm a chrome fan too but, I also like those.
  14. GLB1950

How’s the acceleration on a ‘22 Cummins HO?

Don't have an SO to compare mine to and since this is my first purchased diesel, all I can say is wow, the HO is a beast. Drove Fords and GMs at work and they preformed successfully pulling an excavator around and over mt. passes. They were no where as comfortable and as luxurious as my...
  15. GLB1950

What did you do TO your RAM today?

"Also put the hitch on the back". Hence, I got all my bases covered. Just didn't put a picture of the 5th wheel in.