Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DEF

GLB1950

Reaction score
Just put some DEF in the tank for the first time. I used the jug that is available everywhere. It didn't take the whole 2 1/2 gallons and splashed out as in overfill. Do I need to siphon some back out or am I going to be ok?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Your fine, best thing to do is wait till 1/2 a tank on the def and then it will take a full jug

GLB1950

Reaction score
Thank you. My gauge dropped to 3/4 tank 500 miles ago and hasn't budged. After overfilling it, it still reads 3/4 tank. Why did RAM even bother putting a gauge in? Read several posts that said it would go many miles at 3/4 tank, then drop like an anvil to 1/4 tank. Go figger.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thank you. My gauge dropped to 3/4 tank 500 miles ago and hasn't budged. After overfilling it, it still reads 3/4 tank. Why did RAM even bother putting a gauge in? Read several posts that said it would go many miles at 3/4 tank, then drop like an anvil to 1/4 tank. Go figger.
Mine has always been pretty accurate but recently i was at 1/4 tank i put a jug in and it stayed at 1/4 so im guessing i have some frozen def at the top of the tank

GLB1950

Reaction score
Yeh, hasn't been cold enough here to freeze anything lately. And when it does freeze, it only goes down to maybe.....29 for a night.

Users who are viewing this thread