Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Gemstatejake

1. G

Cp4 injector pump Failure

Well that sucks
  2. G

I’m in the treasure valley winters are relatively mild. Teens for lows at worst very rare single digits and generally not for extended periods. At most I’d plug in the block heaters night.
  3. G

I just snapped a pic of mine. Seemed there was some confusion as to which Was which.
  4. G

Pretty much decided I’m not running any additives. I’ll fuel at a reputable filling station and keep my tank full as possible.
  5. G

Agree with all these trucks are far from cheap like to see some resolution for all affected.
  6. G

The larger dimple on the upper right of the pump housing indicates the newer pump design per the info on this site. I’m hopeful it solves the issue. As far as I’m concerned no news regarding these pumps failing is good news. I love the truck as of 500 miles it runs strong.
  7. G

I do have the updated large simple CP4. My truck has a build date of 10/20. I assume I’d be under the same conditions as anyone else. I’ve read some horror stories that’s for sure. I’m nervous about it but at this point I’ve already pulled the trigger on the truck and there isn’t anything I can...
  8. G

Thinking of buying a 21 3500. HO vs STD output and what about deleting?

I personally went with the HO and Aisin even though I’ll never actually come anywhere near its towing/hauling capacity. I can attest the Aisin shifts harder and is more “commercial” in feel than the 68 RFE. My final reasoning was that I feel the HO Aisin combo will be easier to sell down the...
  9. G

My approach will be to try to fuel up consistently at the same reputable station (chevron). Avoid running on a low tank. And hope for the best. Ive never been a big believer in additives and use them only occasionally. Perhaps I’ll step that up a bit maybe throw some in on heavy tow trips.
  10. G

Curious if this is the updated CP4. Man what a mess.
  11. G

High Output (AISIN) vs Standard (68rfe)

Kinda wondering if TH mode is even necessary with my little work trailers. I’d say 4000lb max.
  12. G

Idaho guy here...

Agreed!
  13. G

High Output (AISIN) vs Standard (68rfe)

New to the HO/Aisin previous truck was the 68RFE 2017. Aisin is much busier in tow haul and full compression brake. Shifts a lot with much more noticeable clunk. Seems to me the compression brake is much more aggressive. Only been driving the truck for a couple days so maybe these little...
  14. G

Idaho guy here...

Well I got the deal done. 2020 Tradesman HO Cummins/Aisin. Hope these updated fuel pumps stand the test. Also would be remiss if I didn’t include a pic of the old silver streak which was a fabulous truck kinda feel bad letting her go.
  15. G

Beginning to regret selling my low mikes ‘17 to finance a ‘20. Was not aware of this issue.