Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Darmichar

1. Darmichar

Delayed start. Excessive cranking.

Well, good to know the Hemi's have this issue too. :D
  2. Darmichar

Delayed start. Excessive cranking.

Same here, I've probably had that happen maybe 3 times in 10K miles. If the temperature is ~45 or above, I generally just bump the start button twice and override the warm up. It seems to be just a wee bit aggressive for when it triggers.
  3. Darmichar

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

I would like the ability to disable it permanently. I don't want to have to disable it every time I start the truck.
  4. Darmichar

Beware Shattered windows caused by (in channel) vent visors

I like the 'bolted' look of these. Bought a truck way back in the day that had a set of stick on visors and I loved them. I loved them right up until the point that the front edge got loose enough one day while I was driving down the interstate and the wind hit just right and peeled the front...
  5. Darmichar

The issue with the clips is it's very hard to tell if they are installed properly. The tool they send doesn't really give you enough leverage to easily shove the clip up into the channel and seat it properly. It takes a lot of pressure to seat them. I've found that if you can wait till the...
  6. Darmichar

If these are Weathertech, I'd put money on the metal retention clip being installed incorrectly and chipping the edge of the window causing it to shatter. I've installed these on the last three trucks I've had. Luckily, never had an issue like this. Those clips are a real pain in the ass to...
  7. Darmichar

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Mine is the exact opposite, I get more issues when I use wireless CarPlay. Based on what I've been able to gather, it seems like the processor they used for the infotainment is woefully underpowered and can't handle what's being thrown at it. Found a new issue driving the other day driving in...
  8. Darmichar

Terrible Towing pics thread

Those guys come through here all the time towing trains of vehicles out of the car auctions in Chicago. They choose the most roadworthy looking of the bunch and hook as many as they can behind that one and take off.
  9. Darmichar

This. I'm continually irritated that they've had nearly a year to fix this now and don't seem to be gaining any ground on it.
  10. Darmichar

Diesel Particulate Filter (Ongoing Trend?)

I've heard of heat lamps or other sources of heart being used to thaw the DEF. There may be a heater in the tank to start thawing the DEF, but I highly doubt it is generating enough heat, especially in temperatures that would freeze the DEF, to completely thaw it when the system calls for DEF...
  11. Darmichar

Diesel Particulate Filter (Ongoing Trend?)

These systems need heat to stay operational. I deal with this on a daily basis with machinery. We always get a rash of these calls when the first cold snap hits. Do not idle the truck any more than absolutely necessary. Keep the DEF above freezing if at all possible. If it does freeze, thaw...
  12. Darmichar

ECU Tuning - Zero Sum Game?

In a previous life, I tested Caterpillar engines for meeting emissions requirements. They have very specific guidelines for what the engine is allowed to produce emissions wise. The engines were subjected to rigorous testing under highly controlled situations, and the software (and hardware)...
  13. Darmichar

Regen warnings on RAM?

I completely agree there. I think it's a software issue in the DIC not truly showing the DPF soot load percentage accurately. In 10 months of ownership mine has never came off of 0%. I find that really hard to believe as I seldom (currently) tow anything for long periods of time with mine.
  14. Darmichar

I see you're new here, probably having similar issues with your uConnect system since you're here. Don't let them fool you. Proactive would have been the first time I reported this issue back in January when I bought the truck, not 10 months later after multiple posts here. It's absolutely...
  15. Darmichar

Regen warnings on RAM?

I'm sure it probably could, but it's easier to measure backpressure with the DPF differential pressure sensor and gauge soot load that way. Passive regens are just a benefit of working the engine hard.