Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by colbshoots

1. colbshoots

2019 Ram 2500 Clunk Noise Accelerating From Dead Stop

My techs limited the travel of the front suspension which had no effect. We then found that in 4WD, the noise is not present. In 2WD, we can get it to pop/clunk three times in a row but nothing when decelerating. Both of my techs are leaning towards something in the transfer case or transmission.
  2. colbshoots

2019 Ram 2500 Clunk Noise Accelerating From Dead Stop

Do you have any updates on this? I have the same issue with my 19 PW and the guys in my shop can not locate the source. I have three of my techs looking at it and they are stumped.
  3. colbshoots

Oem / Srt oil filter?

It's SRT, man... Copied from another forum: The SRT filter "bypasses" at a higher pressure level. What that means is that oil is filtered longer because the oil isn't bypassing the filter. The SRT has a finer synthetic filtering media, so it will catch finer contamination particles. The media...
  4. colbshoots

Need advice on oil change intervals

I was thinking of dropping down to 4k but after seeing the sample from the other member I'll probably stick with 5k.
  5. colbshoots

Hey guy, you're right. When we do this repair we also remove the intake manifold and drill out the passages that were too small from the factory per bulletin 19-NA-021. Give it a read, it's pretty good.
  6. colbshoots

Lol, no. When the condensation builds up and the PCV freezes shut it over pressurizes the crankcase. Then the rear main blows out, dumps all the oil and your teenage daughter who doesn't know any better keeps driving. You should see how pissed people are when they find out they need an engine...
  7. colbshoots

Where do you think my "opinion" comes from? You think I pulled this out of thin air? My old '05 1500 got regular oil samples sent in when I used to run a shop in the parking lot of an oil company. Those numbers do look good to be honest but I'd rather change it more frequently than not.
  8. colbshoots

This has always worked for me as well. Oil change and tire rotation every 5k and all is well.
  9. colbshoots

It's not about making more money. An oil change is a losing situation for the dealership. They are hoping for more work based on the inspection they perform. Keep in mind, the manual is a general baseline. If you use a diesel pick up the way it was intended, a 15k interval is a horrible idea...
  10. colbshoots

You guys are funny. I'm a service manager and I cater the oil change intervals to certain customers and what they drive. I COULD NOT CARE LESS about how often I see you for an oil change. Stop taking your vehicles to the big dealerships and find a small family owned (not the one that boasts...
  11. colbshoots

Oem / Srt oil filter?

I'm looking for an answer here as well. I saw someone on another thread mentioned they ran it on their 6.4. I'm going to have one of each on hand when I have my guys change it and see if the SRT fits. I'll update when I know for sure.
  12. colbshoots

19 Ram Power Wagon Headlamps Always On (Canadian)

I had to order a new harness that plugs in in-line of the OBD port.
  13. colbshoots

19 Ram Power Wagon Headlamps Always On (Canadian)

I never did update this, but AlphaOBD is amazing. Highly recommend! Get it and be done with it!
  14. colbshoots

Towing with the Power Wagon (Tradesman with Powerwagon Package)

Are you using a load distribution hitch set up on the travel trailer? If so, were you able to get a normal one? I'm worried I'll have to get a longer drop considering how tall the back of our trucks sit.
  15. colbshoots

Towing with the Power Wagon (Tradesman with Powerwagon Package)

Who's doing it? How heavy have you gone? Has anyone added load level kits? I'm looking to get a larger camper and I'm worried it will squat hard when I double my tongue weight over what I have now. The newer camper will likely be around 800-900 lbs of tongue weight. It looks like I'll be...