Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500 Clunk Noise Accelerating From Dead Stop

Snowhunter123

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas to the clunk noise my 2019 Ram 2500 6.4 Crew Cab makes during acceleration from a dead stop? The noise seems to be in the front end and only happens under heavy torque such as rapid acceleration or towing during the first 20’ of travel. The truck has 90k miles. I’ve had several technicians look at the truck. We’ve tried ball joints, track bar, sway bar links, inspected all drive shafts, checked suspension and motor mount torques, etc but still no fix or answers. Basically the truck has been inspected front to back and still have the noise. Ideas?

Last edited:

flan

Reaction score
There was a recent post about the drag link, rotating it caused a clunk. Maybe give that a look?

colbshoots

Reaction score
Do you have any updates on this? I have the same issue with my 19 PW and the guys in my shop can not locate the source. I have three of my techs looking at it and they are stumped.

Snowhunter123

Reaction score
Still have the clunk noise, plan to get another set of eyes on it to figure it out once and for all.

colbshoots

Reaction score
My techs limited the travel of the front suspension which had no effect. We then found that in 4WD, the noise is not present. In 2WD, we can get it to pop/clunk three times in a row but nothing when decelerating. Both of my techs are leaning towards something in the transfer case or transmission.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Still have the clunk noise, plan to get another set of eyes on it to figure it out once and for all.
Hi Snow, we're regretful to see that you're having concerns related to your vehicle. Should you decide to seek servicing with a certified dealership, reach out to us, and we'd will apply assistance where applicable.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread