Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Barryg

1. B

Seatbelt Retractor

My 2022 did that on the drivers side. at first it just seem to be the last few inches but got worse as time/use went by and ended like yours a foot or more and frankly became a real pita. However I took truck in for iirc a recall and asked them about it. They replaced it under warranty and has...
  2. B

Rubber floor mat to cover raised floor?

This may not be what you are asking but .…. I normally have my rear seats up and flat floor out. I bought a roll of material out of the automotive section in Walmart. It was like 3 or 4 feet wide by 6+ feet long ( it may have been called a trunk liner). Front to rear I had to trim a bit off and...
  3. B

Power source for LED Flood and spot lights on my Backrack.

Well for the first many years of my driving and modding my vehicles way back when that’s how it was done. You ran wire from the battery or maybe an auxiliary fuse panel that you had installed for such stuff. Maybe you used relays and maybe you didnt. if not using an aux fuse panel you just used...
  4. B

Adding Air compressor option

I had an extreme outback extreme air unit on my 01 for well over 10 years then moved that unit over to my 2017 when I sold my 01. When I sold my 17 the buyer really wanted the unit so I let it go with the truck. so at least 15 years under the two trucks still worked great. I had a 2.5 gallon...
  5. B

Headache racks?

I will try to get some pics tomorrow however I do not have the side rails. Just the regular mounts for the headache rack. Then my tool box (which is also an HPI box) sits on top of them. While I have not seen their side rails in person they look to be 3 inches or so tall. If that is the case I...
  6. B

Headache racks?

I am running one of the highway products headache racks. The guardian open mesh with lights. Had it about two years now. So far so good. Really like it. No it wasn’t as cheap as some of the others out there for sure, however it also has more style than many. Though that is surely personal...
  7. B

Demco EZ-Latch Trailer Coupler

Sure. Do I think these are the best locks around? Not necessarily but most locks are beatable with a bit of effort and sometimes very little effort, however the key convenience is very nice. With 4 trailers plus a few other locks it is very helpful for me. The lock I use for the Demco...
  8. B

Demco EZ-Latch Trailer Coupler

I have a couple of them. One on a 12k dump trailer and one on a 15k equipment trailer. Both of them have been great, I really like them myself. Hitching and unhitching has always been easy with them never had one of them jam up I use a BOLT coupler pin lock that is keyed to my truck key...
  9. B

3500 continuous, rhythmic bounce on concrete highway

I have been driving that stretch from castle rock to lone tree ever since they upgraded the highway to concrete and added the lanes through there 20 some yeas ago. I have had a diesel long bed the entire time. For my trucks it is usually only the north bound lanes or at least they are far...
  10. B

Headache Rack

Check out highway products. I have one of their guardians open mesh with lights. The top rail is adjustable to some degree. The side posts are what they are but the center section can be adjusted
  11. B

Front Calipers torque specs on 2019 Ram 2500 hd diesel 4x4

I haven’t turned a rotor for almost 40 years and well over 1,000,000 miles with zero issues. I did have to put some new rotors on my 01 around 400k miles due to being near minimum thickness.
  12. B

Is there a way to tweak back up warnings?

Might try a different draw bar. I have a b&w tow and stow that pretty much lives on the back of the truck with 2 5/16 ball hanging out there with no issues (not in the stow position). Mine is a 22 so may be different though I don’t recall it an issue on my 17 either though again different than...
  13. B

Gas Can Holder for Truck Bed

Might take a look at rotopax. They make mountable containers in a variety of sizes. I have several mainly use it to haul extra fuel on the long atv rides
  14. B

Heated steering wheel issue

Well after a several week wait to get it in the shop. They diagnosed the heater as the clockspring. It took almost a month to get it. It is working now hopefully it lasts longer than 27k miles. I also had them check out my drivers side seat belt retractor as it didn’t work very well...
  15. B

Heated steering wheel issue

My 2022 does it as well but seems now to have completely failed. Worked last winter well since I got it last November but then about a month ago it started acting up intermittently and now not at all. Haven’t seen the dealer yet but it will.