Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by AJ608

1. AJ608

Switching From Ford?

My Ford has a 32gal and it's about 275-300 mi to a tank In the C&C Ram truck I built online you can get 75 gal lol My only interior gripe in the Ford vs Ram is no telescoping wheel. I'm tall and it's not the end of the world but it could be better for sure. Steering feel in the Ram is too...
  2. AJ608

Failed 6.4 V-8 13,650 miles 11 months old

Not bad ... If I use cat it's about 5-7 days normal unless I expedite it then it's next day but that's more expensive and kind of set it up before hand. Blackstone is good, just takes longer.
  3. AJ608

Switching From Ford?

I like the Ram interior better for sure. MY 6.4 truck gets about 14-16 mpg empty depending on speed. Towing my Jeep it was about 10-11 mpg. With the 52g tank it's not bad IMO My 7.3 (550) isn't comparable it's about 19k lbs-20k lbs depending on what's in the bed but it get's 9-10 mpg
  4. AJ608

Cummins is kind of like that I've ran into similar on off highway engines. It's like they go out of their way to make it as difficult as possible to give good service.
  5. AJ608

Yeah but that's a week or so to get back at least. It's usually 2 weeks ish ... If it was getting sampled at oil changes it would have already shown up.
  6. AJ608

What a bunch of idiots, they could have cut a filter open in 15 mins and seen it was full of bearing material and went from there. That's like checking everything but the fuses first when something electrical doesn't work. Anymore with about all companies it seems like getting anything truly...
  7. AJ608

No Hemi options for 2023 Ram 2500 Limited Longhorn or Limited?

I have both and 100% agree I wish I could get the Ford powertrain in the Ram truck
  8. AJ608

Ram 5500 Dealers

Last one I bought I emailed like 15 dealers and finally got a deal but it wasted a ton of time
  9. AJ608

Ram 5500 Dealers

Who has bought a 5500 and got a 11-12k off sticker ? I contacted MDCJ where I bought my other two vehicles and she said they weren't certified to sell the 5500's What dealer did you use ? Looking for no farther west than MDCJ, I didn't want to send a pile of emails to find a good one or get...
  10. AJ608

Any dually's use 19.5 wheels?

They must not be around me then. The company I use to work for used a bunch of different places within 100 mi, all the wheels on the trucks were beat all to hell after the first set of tires were changed. With motorcycle tires I've changed hundreds and can do it without damaging anything. Most...
  11. AJ608

22 Ram 5500 reviews

Yeah it would cost 10k extra to have the bed fixed/built correctly:rolleyes: For 25k you can buy an actual work body that is bomb proof
  12. AJ608

Any dually's use 19.5 wheels?

Changing to 19.5's would be the last thing I'd do on a 3500 unless there was no other option. No automotive place around me will change 19.5's. Commercial truck companies are the only ones that will do it. To get it done and not have your wheels destroyed is about $475-500 mount and balance...
  13. AJ608

22 Ram 5500 reviews

I've got a customer that has 3 CM beds and they all look like ****. The 3ft of weld on the entire body look like a little kid did it, porosity all over filled full of the cheapest paint know to man. I really wanted one I like the looks but it's junk in a few years. The oldest one is 3 years old...
  14. AJ608

Won't Get To Temperature - Seriously - $1k

Let the engine warm up to 140-150 and see if inlet and outlet of radiator hoses are both the same temp. Sounds more like the T-stat is hung open. There is an aftermarket one (tank) online for ~250. If they(RAM) don't help you could fix it in an afternoon for a lot less.