Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 5500 Dealers

AJ608

Reaction score
Who has bought a 5500 and got a 11-12k off sticker ? I contacted MDCJ where I bought my other two vehicles and she said they weren't certified to sell the 5500's
What dealer did you use ? Looking for no farther west than MDCJ, I didn't want to send a pile of emails to find a good one or get the run around

AJ608

Reaction score
Wish I could help but I am west coast. I managed to find a dealer willing to do affiliate pricing. It was rough. Don't bother with Dave Smith.
Last one I bought I emailed like 15 dealers and finally got a deal but it wasted a ton of time

texas.yankee

Reaction score
I'm interested in knowing this as well. Have to order a 5500 soon.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

buzzuti

Reaction score
I too am scratching the surface on upgrading to a 5500 and have had a rough time finding a dealer I "trust".
Maybe a long shot, but in the hunt as well.

Bought my 3500 from MD, and looking for a dealer.
Heard the same about Dave Smith as well, "used to be great, not anymore" comments.

Willing to travel honestly.

gprguy

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I am happy so far with St. Helens CDJR in Warren, OR (near Portland). I don't have my truck yet, but they've been good to deal with and they were willing to do affiliate pricing on a 5500.

Splzhaul

Reaction score
I have purchased two 3500’s and one 5500 from Kernersville dodge ram over the last two years. I had a friend buy 2 5500’s from them as well. They usually have 20 or more 4500’s and 5500’s on their lot at a time. They have been good at pricing and they will also pay for your flight up to $500.00 and pick you up at the air port for free. They have given me close to or employee pricing.

Firebird

Reaction score
My buddy ordered his 5500 Limited from Tallahassee Dodge Chrysler Jeep here in Florida, and he's been very happy.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Performance CJDR in Deleware, OH.
Salesman >> Kurt Reiselt

I recommend, been a solid experience, solid price.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
whos getting anything off 5500s? things may have changed since i bought my 22 5500, but it was MSRP or get out lol. Other than the odd 500$ incentive for being an existing ram customer. If ANYTHING dealers were selling 45-5500s up here on the lot for over sticker. My wife just bought a loaded 23 Grand Cherokee L limited , and they originally tried to sell it for 2g over sticker until i said no lol. Although things may be different in the states. From what i could tell during my shopping last summer, the days of massive deals are still far from coming back. I sent my build sheet to 4 different dealers here and all of them were same MSRP or bust.... only swaying motive was the various small incentives the individual dealerships had. Id love to see a no charge diesel again!

gprguy

Reaction score
My truck is stuck in shipping hell, so take it with a grain of salt - but my deal is for the Tread Lightly affiliates deal, 1% under invoice. Took some shopping around to find anyone willing to do it with a 5500.

LikeABoss

Reaction score
Ordered a month ago for 1k off MSRP. Just had to say I had a business.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
whos getting anything off 5500s? things may have changed since i bought my 22 5500, but it was MSRP or get out lol. Other than the odd 500$ incentive for being an existing ram customer. If ANYTHING dealers were selling 45-5500s up here on the lot for over sticker. My wife just bought a loaded 23 Grand Cherokee L limited , and they originally tried to sell it for 2g over sticker until i said no lol. Although things may be different in the states. From what i could tell during my shopping last summer, the days of massive deals are still far from coming back. I sent my build sheet to 4 different dealers here and all of them were same MSRP or bust.... only swaying motive was the various small incentives the individual dealerships had. Id love to see a no charge diesel again!
Ya it ain’t the best time to be buying a vehicle in Canada. How do you like your Grand so far? We buaght a two row Altitude in February and it’s been pretty good. Just a billy goat in the winter. Be aware the HVAC box is wide open in the firewall. Squirrels and mice can walk right in if the recirc door doesn’t shut on queue. Stupidest idea I have ever seen and I spent 3 years looking at my crap injection pump. :oops:

Thisnthat

Reaction score

yeah I'd say things are different in the states - Mark Dodge is offering Grand Cherokee L Limiteds for $9k off MSRP. A lot of that is rebates - but the rebates are also ones that would apply to everyone - looks like they are discounting them $3500 and the balance is rebates.

Dealers seem to be about 50/50 these days down here (all brands) - half knowing they can't move the volume of cars trying to stick it to the buyers so they are offering discounts while the other half are holding to MSRP as long as possible.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Ya it ain’t the best time to be buying a vehicle in Canada. How do you like your Grand so far? We buaght a two row Altitude in February and it’s been pretty good. Just a billy goat in the winter. Be aware the HVAC box is wide open in the firewall. Squirrels and mice can walk right in if the recirc door doesn’t shut on queue. Stupidest idea I have ever seen and I spent 3 years looking at my crap injection pump. :oops:
She had a 18 durango before, weve actually only test drove the grand cherokee L last weekend first time in a jeep product. The one we drove had the beige/white seats which would be a disaster for kids so the dealer had one that just came off the factory line with the black seats and rear entertainment so we bought that one. Another shout out to the man BV….. just goes to show how clueless or slimey dealers are. I asked eta on her cherokee and they said it was on a train just about to winnipeg which is 2hrs from us. Talk to Bv to get status and its KZLD waiting for a train at the factory. Anyway we/she quite likes it! We looked at a wagoneer as well, while nice i found them quite boxy, sorta awkward looking exterior.

All in all she did pretty well in the end at this dealership, we ground a bit and they moved without much belittling.

I hate this forum... and this thread especially. i 100% blame my current actions on such things. The dealership i bought my 22 5500 from was the first time I had ever dealt with them and quite frankly they dropped the ball so hard the experience was absolutely terrible. SO i sent a text to my wifes salesmen who is a family friend and asked him to price out a 23 5500 with a lvl 2 laramie, and let me know trade in value on this 22. Told him if he can manage to keep payments the same or save me money id consider rolling the truck over, and if they impress me ill be back in 2 years for another. So well see how bad they want my business! Do i need another truck? NOPE! but i could care less if a new one comes for the same or less.... with some additional features.

Last edited:

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
yeah I'd say things are different in the states - Mark Dodge is offering Grand Cherokee L Limiteds for $9k off MSRP. A lot of that is rebates - but the rebates are also ones that would apply to everyone - looks like they are discounting them $3500 and the balance is rebates.

Dealers seem to be about 50/50 these days down here (all brands) - half knowing they can't move the volume of cars trying to stick it to the buyers so they are offering discounts while the other half are holding to MSRP as long as possible.

Good eye :) Placing a factory order for one is even deeper than the in-stocks 90% of the time, but yes the rebates are good @ all dealerships, some variation based on YOUR location (business center)

Would love to hear if someone does find a great 4500/5500 dealer. I have probably had 6-8 customers ask but we are unable to sell, would be nice to pass them off to a good home when needed.

buzzuti

Reaction score

Performance CJDR in Deleware, OH.

Kurt Reiselt.
His brother runs a machine shop that specializes in upfitting. Solid folks.

Doh, and I just reread your post and you inferred you are in Canada….

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread