Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by 762fmj

1. 7

Alfaobd help

EDIT: I tried clearing codes again and after a few more ignition cycles the cel is off and no codes. Guess it needed more time to set itself? Hi all, I got my speedo corrected, turned off the signature lights, and adjusted the tpms threshold yesterday. Afterwards I went through the three reset...
  2. 7

Hemi Dual Exhaust

Still very happy! It does have a small amount of resonance/drone around 1800-2000 rpm or so. It's honestly not bad and I'm either slow enough in town or fast enough on the highway that I don't see much time in that rpm range. Towing roughly 7k lbs it wasn't obnoxious either, but I haven't done...
  3. 7

Android Auto Can't Have Phone Conversation

I resolved all my AA issues by going into developer settings and switching bpap from 1.2 to 1.1 and back again. You will need to lookup how to find the settings on your phone since every phone is different. Bpap is related to accessing phone directory via Bluetooth so I'm not sure why it helped...
  4. 7

Hemi Dual Exhaust

Fyi for anyone running some kind of dual outlet I picked up this clamp on heat shield for the driver side to protect the spare and the wire harness. Goes on in a few minutes and is very low pro. Design Engineering 010451... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CF2RFQI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  5. 7

Uconnect 5.0 issues

Hello all, I have a final update for my ongoing UC issues. Hopefully this helps someone with a similar issue since there was another star case with identical symptoms per the service advisor. The AA issues I was able to resolve on my phone by accessing developer settings and changing bpap from...
  6. 7

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I got this message a couple months ago and as part of an ongoing android auto issue I've gotten a new uconnect box and a new radio. Since then I've gotten the message multiple times and my android auto still doesn't work properly. Dealer told me that they were informed it's a known bug that...
  7. 7

What Muffler Should I get - Looking for Opinions

This is mine, true dual with a h pipe and a pair of Black Widow Race Venoms. Idle isn't obnoxious, gets a little rowdy with your foot through the floor. Cold start could be a tad loud depending on your neighbors. If you want to just put a muffler back in and don't want too loud I'd put in one of...
  8. 7

Uconnect 5.0 issues

Tried changing some more settings on my phone, unpaired phone, did a full factory reset then repaired. Got 1 day of normal function before it went wonky on me again. Also lost my back up camera temporarily (came back on my next drive).
  9. 7

Cat back for 6.4

Oh so you actually got it, glad you like it! I've just never really liked Magnaflow on anything. Shopping exhaust sucks because it's so subjective.
  10. 7

Cat back for 6.4

Personally I didn't like the way the d fit sounded (listened to a buddy's). If you want a system like that I'd recommend just buying a muffler and having a local shop put in the muffler and tail pipe, that's really all this is. Then you're not locked into any particular brand and if you don't...
  11. 7

Uconnect 5.0 issues

It's funny the common complaints about things like presents and other settings I haven't experienced. Just crap connection with Android Auto. My next step is going to be trying a USB dongle to see if that makes it work. If it does then I suspect the problem is related to the onboard wifi and...
  12. 7

Uconnect 5.0 issues

Welp, I don't know what else to try. I've had 3 different phones with identical issues. Both the UC module and radio have been replaced. No change at all! I've seen other forum posts and found a few threads on Reddit of others having the same issues so I'm starting to think that UC and AA just...
  13. 7

Powerstop Brakes

Drilled and slotted are a ripoff. Look at professional race cars, the vast majority of them DON'T have drilled rotors. It's just eye candy for the oem to put on their performance packs and weekend track day bros to bling their cars for Sunday's Cars and Coffee. They heat up faster and are more...
  14. 7

Uconnect 5.0 issues

I dropped by the dealer on my way home 8/29 from work since it had been about a month since the radio was supposed to ordered. The radio had not been ordered! Per the SA they put the order in the day. Today I was told 9/10 ETA on the part.
  15. 7

Changing your own oil... tips?

Put a plastic bag around the filter so you don't have to clean up the funnel tray after. Other than that very straight forward.