Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cat back for 6.4

Highdesertexplorer

Reaction score
Anyone running this,

MagnaFlow D-Fit Performance Exhaust Muffler Replacement Kit With Muffler 19493​

This is about what I’m looking for. Do the clamps hold well? I usually have exhaust stuff welded in place. I like that it’s stainless and that it doesn’t come with a tip. I’d love to ditch the rear resonator so I can terminate the exhaust after it rainbows over the axle but I’m afraid it will drone to much as I’ve read drone can be a real issue on the 6.4 trucks. Wondering if that drone is just during mds activation. I’m trying to remember to set the gear limiter every time I get in the truck. This kit is $399 free shipping. Seems a little high maybe but not bad for a basic stainless catback.

Attachments

• IMG_0056.png
    IMG_0056.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 18

1stindoor

Reaction score
I had one on my 2018 but had it welded on. Just put one on my new 2023. Same, welded. Sounds great. No issues.

762fmj

Reaction score
Personally I didn't like the way the d fit sounded (listened to a buddy's). If you want a system like that I'd recommend just buying a muffler and having a local shop put in the muffler and tail pipe, that's really all this is. Then you're not locked into any particular brand and if you don't like it you can swap the muffler and not need to do a whole new system.

Highdesertexplorer

Reaction score
Personally I didn't like the way the d fit sounded (listened to a buddy's). If you want a system like that I'd recommend just buying a muffler and having a local shop put in the muffler and tail pipe, that's really all this is. Then you're not locked into any particular brand and if you don't like it you can swap the muffler and not need to do a whole new system.
I love the way mine sounds, at least from in the cab windows up or down. I’ve never actually heard it from outside, my wife won’t drive it. It does have a little drone around 1,600 rpms and most noticeable when in 5th gear.

762fmj

Reaction score
I love the way mine sounds, at least from in the cab windows up or down. I’ve never actually heard it from outside, my wife won’t drive it. It does have a little drone around 1,600 rpms and most noticeable when in 5th gear.
Oh so you actually got it, glad you like it! I've just never really liked Magnaflow on anything. Shopping exhaust sucks because it's so subjective.

Highdesertexplorer

Reaction score
Oh so you actually got it, glad you like it! I've just never really liked Magnaflow on anything. Shopping exhaust sucks because it's so subjective.
Yeah I got it. I’m with you, magnaflow is probably my least favorite budget exhaust as far as sound. Quality of this thing is 5/5 stars. I usually do flowmaster. I live in Arizona, when I go to California again I’m thinking I’ll talk to my exhaust guy out there and see what he thinks about doing a flowmaster (if they make a 3.5” inlet/outlet) maybe a 40 or 50 series.

Users who are viewing this thread