Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Muffler Should I get - Looking for Opinions

Heatmizer3791

Reaction score
The prior owner did a muffler delete on my truck (6.4l Hemi) . It still has the resonator, but to be honest it is just a little too loud. Don't get me wrong, I love the start-up roar! However, the droning gets into my brain after driving on the highway (especially towing something).
I'm thinking about installing a Magnaflow, Borla, Flow Master, etc or some other straight-through muffler to tone it down just a bit. First question, what do you think? Should I consider an offset instead of a straight-through? Will one be quieter than the other?
As I said, I don't want to bring it back to stock, Ii could easily install an OEM or equivalent to silence it. But this 50 year old still has a 20 year old that lives inside that loves the sound. :)

dieselscout80

Reaction score
What is the Bola part number that is a direct replacement of the Ram 6.4's factory muffler?

762fmj

Reaction score
This is mine, true dual with a h pipe and a pair of Black Widow Race Venoms. Idle isn't obnoxious, gets a little rowdy with your foot through the floor. Cold start could be a tad loud depending on your neighbors. If you want to just put a muffler back in and don't want too loud I'd put in one of their 250 mufflers (little more tame).

1stindoor

Reaction score
I have the Magnaflow on mine. It's loud first thing in the morning but not obnoxiously so after a few minutes of driving.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Stock muffler and ditch the resonator. Perfect sound, no drone, cheapier than a cat back system.

This is what I did. There’s a tiny bit of drone when MDS kicks in, but it’s not enough that it bothers me or my usually sensitive to obnoxious noises wife.

Ocxd

Reaction score
I did magnaflow, kept the resonator, 6.4 hemi. Mostly did it to mask the horrible noise from the 6.4 on cold start up. Sounds perfect IMO. It’s the family hauler so didn’t want it too loud.

Users who are viewing this thread