Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks Pedal Monster

Rgpracer

Reaction score
Well, one of the ONLY things I don't care for with my 6.7 is the sluggish throttle response from stop to shift.....has anyone given Gale Banks Peddle Monster a try? All the videos I've watched make me want to inquire.
Thanks

RamGuy84

Reaction score
I’d like to hear feedback on this as well.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I actually installed mine today - well worth the $295.00 all day long.

Zrojas

Reaction score
I have it and it is pretty awesome. It makes a huge difference and I like the safety aspects of it compared to the pedal commander. For what it's worth, I removed mine to have the A/C TSB performed on my 2019 3500 HO. I removed everything from the front of the cab since they had to pull the dash, but with all the latest ECM updates, there is almost no pedal lag without it. There's certain situations where I still notice it, but no where near as bad as when I first got it. I'm still putting the pedal monster back on when I get time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
Man.. stop making me spend all this money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thestuarts

Reaction score
I ordered the PedalMonster the day they became available for my 2019 3500. It is one of the best aftermarket purchases I made. The truck is much more fun to drive. However, this puts more strain on the truck. You are trading some longevity for fun.

switz

Reaction score
You guys keep costing me money. My wife came home and asked who was the Banks charge?

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
So you are able to use it on multiple vehicles? For instance would I be able to also use it on the wife's 2013 Durango?

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
Well I know you probably can't use them simultaneously. What I'm asking is would I be able to use it in one vehicle for a week or so and then switch it to another vehicle?

HopFanatik

Reaction score
Well I know you probably can't use them simultaneously. What I'm asking is would I be able to use it in one vehicle for a week or so and then switch it to another vehicle?
So long as the unit is compatible with the target vehicle, it should work just fine. They aren't locked to a particular VIN or anything.

switz

Reaction score
OK, I received my Pedal Monster as well as the iDash monitor. Pretty easy install and setup. Before I get into the Pedal Monster, a little background: I sold my 2017 F350 diesel and was always impressed with the torque. With the Ram, however, I never felt he torque and often questioned if it really had 1000lb-feet. Well, after my first drive with the Pedal Monster I can tell you that I now feel the rated torque. Holy crap, what a difference! This is not just a small improvement; this is a total game-changer. I can actually break the rear tires lose, and my truck is a dually.

If you want to completely change the way the truck feels (for the better), I can't recommend this enough.

Will_T

Reaction score
The first time I experienced this at a late yellow light, it was very unnerving. Felt quite unsafe to need an immediate response and to not get it. I have read about the Pedal Monster and Pedal Commander but have some concerns. Some say they are great for preventing what I experienced at yellow lights where I did not want to pull a panic stop. But supposedly they can also surprise you under normal driving conditions with acceleration you are not expecting. This can be dangerous when driving in traffic or in town. Has anyone experienced this?

Also some say these devices will have some adverse impact on transmission, etc. life as they put added stress on things. Others say there is no impact on transmission or other parts. I would feel safer if when I had to stomp on the pedal, there was not a couple of second lag. But I do not want to do anything that will impact the drive train adversely or impact warranty. What are thoughts on this?

Chris1911

Reaction score
The first time I experienced this at a late yellow light, it was very unnerving. Felt quite unsafe to need an immediate response and to not get it. I have read about the Pedal Monster and Pedal Commander but have some concerns. Some say they are great for preventing what I experienced at yellow lights where I did not want to pull a panic stop. But supposedly they can also surprise you under normal driving conditions with acceleration you are not expecting. This can be dangerous when driving in traffic or in town. Has anyone experienced this?

Also some say these devices will have some adverse impact on transmission, etc. life as they put added stress on things. Others say there is no impact on transmission or other parts. I would feel safer if when I had to stomp on the pedal, there was not a couple of second lag. But I do not want to do anything that will impact the drive train adversely or impact warranty. What are thoughts on this?

It's adjustable. You set it to the throttle response setting you prefer. Mine is set to a lower mode where it gets rid of that lag, but is not overly touchy. Got used to it quickly and feels normal, like it should have been from the factory.

HopFanatik

Reaction score

I have my PedalCommander @ City +2 ... there's higher settings like Sport & Sport+ (all with -4 to +4 intensity settings) and on my 1500 Hemi, IMHO, they're too much. I haven't even bothered with the Sport/+ settings on my CTD. However, City +2, for me, is how I expected the throttle response to be from the factory.

Will_T

Reaction score
Thanks. What do people think about those opinions that these two solutions are hard on the transmission/drive train?

HopFanatik

Reaction score
Thanks. What do people think about those opinions that these two solutions are hard on the transmission/drive train?
IMHO, neither of these two products have any additional impact on any of the running gear. Your driving style will have an impact. If you're WOT then not then WOT then not repeatedly, you're going to add additional strain and likely experience a component failure earlier than someone who doesn't drive like a horse with tourettes.

Honestly, it comes down to how you drive your rig. If you have it set so that you break loose at every light, that's on you - not the PC/PM.

I didn't have any ill effects on my 8spd ZF for the 4 years I had the Pedal Commander.

Users who are viewing this thread