Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Krlowry

Reaction score
My truck just got to the rail yard today! 20 mins away, hopefully I’ll have it next week before my bonus cash expires!

Larson

Reaction score
I’m at a point of frustration, 14 weeks, I’ve thrown my salesman this, I’m out and my deposit is getting refunded if I don’t get compensated for the hassle of this.

He’s going get back to me tomorrow. Anyone else try to leverage the wait on a better deal? What did you get?
I just went to pick mine up at Jim Doran
Was told 12-14 weeks, which if not delayed at the Body vendor for bed liner and running boards for over 3 weeks, I would have had the truck already. That pissed me off to begin with, then they are delivering "Dealer Inventory" vehicles ahead of "Sold Trucks" which is the second thing that's rubbing me the wrong way. Lastly, its at the rail yard and has been there for over a week and they aren't moving it along and then they push out the delivery date by potentially 3 more weeks. Am I now really Pissed Yea, I'm Pissed. If I could walk away from this deal I would and have them stick it up their A$$. I'm at 4 months now and potentially 5 before I get a truck is Not Good Customer Service and Not what I bargained for.
Went to pick up my 2021 HO CC today from Jim Doran in McMinnvile Or. Truck had wrong to running boards and the deal I had with Sales manager got vetoed by Store manager. I would not buy from this dealer again. Best they will do is 500 under invoice take it or leave it . That is after I waited over three months for the truck. What a fiasco no one knows what the other is doing very unprofessional in my opinion .

FL3500

Reaction score
6 weeks to the day...still in pre-production. I do find it appalling that RAM has no process in place to provide better transparency on these orders. What is their methodology for getting customer orders into the assembly process? From reading everyones comments, there seems to be little to no logical trend information on the speed of these orders. "No projected build date" is concerning...
Don’t worry I waited 6 weeks with no info either. Then out of nowhere it was built in one day, accessories got done next day, and it shipped the following day. It was right at week 7 then everything happened.

coreshot

Reaction score
Order 12/8. Just heard from dealer that it's begun the transportation process and to anticipate delivery in the second half of February, but also said not to count on that because they've been having a lot of transportation delays lately

Pronto

Reaction score
Don’t worry I waited 6 weeks with no info either. Then out of nowhere it was built in one day, accessories got done next day, and it shipped the following day. It was right at week 7 then everything happened.

Same with mine but it took 8 weeks to start moving.

Pronto

Reaction score
Went to pick up my 2021 HO CC today from Jim Doran in McMinnvile Or. Truck had wrong to running boards and the deal I had with Sales manager got vetoed by Store manager. I would not buy from this dealer again. Best they will do is 500 under invoice take it or leave it . That is after I waited over three months for the truck. What a fiasco no one knows what the other is doing very unprofessional in my opinion .

WTH, did you have a deposit down on it?

diode_ee

Reaction score

That sounds horrible. Sorry you had such a bad experience. I'm hoping to have a much better experience when I pick mine up in a few weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score

Did they offer to get the new ones and install them?

Tony605

Reaction score
Ordered a tradesman with power wagon pkg 11/23. Asked salesperson on 12/10 if 6-8 weeks was a real eta and he said truck was being built. Asked today about status and he said truck was built and waiting to be shipped, but also to expect delay for COVID. I will post again next time I check in. I’m in SD. Thinking more like 12 weeks after reading all these posts lol.

mcgyver44

Reaction score
Tell the dealer to call the port and put it on hot alert. The should also be able to go and pick it up from the rail yard if absolutely necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dealer will not be picking it up at the rail yard. Read my sob story few pages back. Railyard said no due to COVID and trucking union said the only way a vehicle leaves the yard is unless a union driver has it on his truck.

mcgyver44

Reaction score
It means to put it as a priority to get it delivered from the port to the dealer. For example if the port has 40 vehicles at the port that need to be brought to them, it can be moved to the front of the line and put on the first transport truck coming to the dealer. Your dealer may need to have some pull or be in the good graces of the port to pull this off, but it’s doable

My dealer did this several times over 30 days. It did nothing.

ramsolai

Reaction score
I placed order for 2021 2500 larmie mega cab for $65k on 10/3, order accepted 10/5, built complete 12/1, since then no status available waiting to be shipped from Mexico. Its been 4 full months did not get my vehicle . Chatting with customer care, same status for last 7 week. Very frustrating... not sure how much more to wait... before see the truck

If anyone know / received their order... which was placed at this time

Big Blue

Reaction score
It means to put it as a priority to get it delivered from the port to the dealer. For example if the port has 40 vehicles at the port that need to be brought to them, it can be moved to the front of the line and put on the first transport truck coming to the dealer. Your dealer may need to have some pull or be in the good graces of the port to pull this off, but it’s doable

I think that is what they are doing with mine. The problem is that they have had it on the Rail car for weeks and there hasn't been any progress in off loading it and moving it along to the transporters.

Big Blue

Reaction score
Ordered a tradesman with power wagon pkg 11/23. Asked salesperson on 12/10 if 6-8 weeks was a real eta and he said truck was being built. Asked today about status and he said truck was built and waiting to be shipped, but also to expect delay for COVID. I will post again next time I check in. I’m in SD. Thinking more like 12 weeks after reading all these posts lol.
I hope for your sake it is that soon. But with one exception of a "Lucky" guy in California who got his in 10 weeks. Everyone else on this forum has been getting their trucks in 18 weeks. Some even later.

Big Blue

Reaction score
I placed order for 2021 2500 larmie mega cab for $65k on 10/3, order accepted 10/5, built complete 12/1, since then no status available waiting to be shipped from Mexico. Its been 4 full months did not get my vehicle . Chatting with customer care, same status for last 7 week. Very frustrating... not sure how much more to wait... before see the truck

If anyone know / received their order... which was placed at this time
I ordered mine on 09-23. Shipped on 12-18. Sitting in rail yard for over 2 1/2 weeks. Will "supposedly" be delivered on Tuesday although it was still on the train on Friday. Ram, FCA/ Stellaris needs to Jack up the people who are holding up the final leg of the transportation process. No reason these trucks should be on a Rail car for that long without being delivered.

ramsolai

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 09-23. Shipped on 12-18. Sitting in rail yard for over 2 1/2 weeks. Will "supposedly" be delivered on Tuesday although it was still on the train on Friday. Ram, FCA/ Stellaris needs to Jack up the people who are holding up the final leg of the transportation process. No reason these trucks should be on a Rail car for that long without being delivered.
Thanks for the response, i also contacted ram support also, they mentioned its escalated as priority, My dealer CT are not that friendly...hopefully comes in month.

NDanecker

Reaction score
18 weeks plus is BS. I also don't see how a dealer accepts this as they get invoiced when truck leaves plant not when they receive it or sell it. Total cluster f.

I ordered 3 HD trucks in my time and all were 8 to 13 weeks. Covid wasnt a factor tho.

Big Blue

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, i also contacted ram support also, they mentioned its escalated as priority, My dealer CT are not that friendly...hopefully comes in month.
Ram Care / Ram Support also Prioritized or escalated my truck as a "Priority" as well. I had an initial delivery date of 1-11 to 1-23. Then it moved up to 1-05 to 1-18. Then it got pushed back to 1-23 to 2-05. Now after multiple phone calls and emails Ram Care they said they have contacted all the appropriate people and have done all they can to facilitate the prompt delivery of my Truck.... Dealer has been Great. He's been in contact with the Regional Rep who has been pressuring the Rail Yard to release the truck for final transport to the dealership. Supposedly next Tuesday the 26th, give or take a day or two, I'll have my truck. That would be nice, but given this whole experience, I'm doubtful. From what I've researched on my own, the hold up isn't in the transportation of the vehicles by rail. BNSF only transports from point "A" to Point "B". Once it gets to the final destination it gets hung up. Not sure who Ram has as a Sub-Contractor to off load the trucks from the train to be loaded on transporter semi-trucks but that is where the hold up is. Ram needs to Pressure these people to speed up the process to get the trucks to their customers. These DELAYS are really hurting Ram's approval rating amongst their customers and We all know that Negative ratings are broadcasted more than positive ones, just read these posts and see what's happening.

flgboy

Reaction score
Does anyone still have the ability to get the $1500 bonus cash certificate? My certificate is about to expire and still no truck at 19 weeks. For whatever reason, I cannot get to it via my phone nor PC, using all the tricks folks ave provided.

Users who are viewing this thread