Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well, I've gone through a bunch of cheap donkey rear mini air compressors since we've been one the rd full time n and I've blown up every one. I make sure to never run over 10 minutes then off for 10 minutes, they still blow, however you interpreted that. I do have to say all those little cheap models have treated me well for sending me new replacement units for free, but there not dependable for 80p psi however you fill it. Well the wife asked me today to pick out a dependable unit that will give her piece of mind and get the job done. I told her, piece of mind has a cost and that i already have the best model saved in my bookmarks. She looked it over and said order it. Jing a ling, daddys got a new to coming from Amazon. I'm knocking on wood ,at the cost of this baby , it performs how reviews have stated. Screenshot_20200924-212152.png

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Shoot, 350.00 is pocket change for you and from reading your other posts, you have probably been in negotiations with Amazon for 9 months, talked them down to 200.00 and they have agreed to include roadside assistance if it fails!!

Looks like a nice unit.

Riveyman

Reaction score
I've read a lot of good things about the Viair compressors. It'll be good to hear your thoughts on it once you get it up an running. I've got it in my cart as well.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
From what I know, which ain’t much, the Viair is the bees knees for portable/onboard air. You did good Rich.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. I did allot of research and that seamed to be up towards the top for quality. An as far as finding a way to get a deal. You know me all to well and I wear my merit badge with pride. It was already $98 off normal price and your right, i found a coupon code for 20% off for new registered Amazon accounts of wich we've already used my wife's acct and I've never had the need for a second Amazon acct, until know. Hahaaaaaaaa. Saved me another $65 ontop of the original 98. $410 unit for under $250. I'll take it. Who knew you could find a discounted discount on Amazon :D

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Thanks all. I did allot of research and that seamed to be up towards the top for quality. An as far as finding a way to get a deal. You know me all to well and I wear my merit badge with pride. It was already $98 off normal price and your right, i found a coupon code for 20% off for new registered Amazon accounts of wich we've already used my wife's acct and I've never had the need for a second Amazon acct, until know. Hahaaaaaaaa. Saved me another $65 ontop of the original 98. $410 unit for under $250. I'll take it. Who knew you could find a discounted discount on Amazon :D

You should be a professional shopper...

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
You should be a professional shopper...
I've kind of taken it up in my old age, getting deals. I've found that I like to research stuff. Guess I could be down at McDonald's with all the other old guys telling the same stories over and over again sitting in our assigned seats. Wait, isn't that kind of what we do on here, i know i know, i should spend less time online and more time at McDonalds. :p

geektoad

Reaction score
I have the Viair 450P and love it. I'm curious why you went with the 400P instead of the 450P, especially given your comment above about 10 minutes on/10 minutes off with the cheaper units. The 400P only has a 33% duty cycle, while the 450P has a 100% duty cycle, so no more worrying about running it too long. The trade off is the 450P is slightly slower, but I'm not doing NASCAR pitstops, so I'm ok with that.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I have the Viair 450P and love it. I'm curious why you went with the 400P instead of the 450P, especially given your comment above about 10 minutes on/10 minutes off with the cheaper units. The 400P only has a 33% duty cycle, while the 450P has a 100% duty cycle, so no more worrying about running it too long. The trade off is the 450P is slightly slower, but I'm not doing NASCAR pitstops, so I'm ok with that.
that was the only difference, your right. From the reviews I read most had bought the 400 but both are exceptional units and in the top 3. The 400 at 33% wich had more cfm filled up quicker like you said and they advertise being able to run continuous for 22 straight minutes or 44 on and off, wich is what I would do equaling out the fiver and the truck tires, so I opted for the quicker version. But with out a shadow of a doubt out of all the compact compressors both the 400 and 450 are in the top 3 echelon, so I think its just personal preference. Either one doesn't sound like anybody can go wrong with a vlair unit. I tell yah tough it was an extremely tough decision . I'm glad that you have one and can offer more positive feedback, that expense per the size of the unit makes you think twice about it, at least that's how i am. I guess you have to spend 85-90 k to get a big pkg :confused:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Well holy mackerel. Somebody else read this and tell me if I read wrong. As a 20+ Year Tennesseanand having been to probably a dozen bristol races, they are going to make the spring race a dirt track. Got all mighty. Now that goes way back, never thought I'd ever see em race on dirt again

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Well holy mackerel. Somebody else read this and tell me if I read wrong. As a 20+ Year Tennesseanand having been to probably a dozen bristol races, they are going to make the spring race a dirt track. Got all mighty. Now that goes way back, never thought I'd ever see em race on dirt again
They are trying to get back their base......too late. Local dirt tracks are more fun and lots cheaper! They also probably finally realized that lots of drivers show up on Friday and Saturday nights to race local dirt and those tracks are doing extremely well. Drivers that love racing, love it. We loved it when Stewart, Larson, Kenny Shrader and others would show up, always packed.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
They are trying to get back their base......too late. Local dirt tracks are more fun and lots cheaper! They also probably finally realized that lots of drivers show up on Friday and Saturday nights to race local dirt and those tracks are doing extremely well. Drivers that love racing, love it. We loved it when Stewart, Larson, Kenny Shrader and others would show up, always packed.
I remember my first dirt track race and i just had to sit on the front row all duded up in my Earnhardt gear and harley boots. Second race I was at the top in an old t shirt and work pants.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Glad to see that were not alone on all the electronic, mechanical, structure issues. I guess that's what we all get when our competitors keep pushing the limits to promote bigger and better numbers, But we love those talking and bragging points of inching ahead of the competition. Well it looks like ford is taking a hit now. Back up cameras going dark, and crummy welds on structure, big recalls and inspections going too happen for the blue oval.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
As you all know, i have trouble getting in snd out of the bed with my physical limitations. I obviously waiting for a ram genie to show up and put a rear step on but I had also planned on installing a handle in the corner stake pocket that I can pull myself up with . I found this online, this thing is way beefier than I anticipated, vey sturdy and beets sticking my hand in the stake pocket to help pull myself. The handle is a universal fit and requires very minor trimming to fit in the whole due to plastic bed rail liner but easy to do with a dremmel or in my case a lone hacksaw blade. Its also advertised as what could be an assist tie down and can also be permanently screwed in if chosen. You can not leave it permanent if you run a goose/ fiver trailer. I've got mine laying right next to led bed button in my toolbox for easy access to grab and pop it in. 20201002_145000.jpg20201002_144434.jpg20201002_144518.jpgas I look at this last picture , a sweet retractable bed step vision is in my head

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Got Our FIRST 2021 RAM 1500 Limited In! What’…:

Boy, I'm glad I don't have the hud, I'd wreck staring at it and not LOOK through it. Definitly no need for a back up steering knob, j heave a big one of those right I front of me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread