Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always on Camera Solution - NAViKS

Phil T

Reaction score
I would do the buy for 300. 2 down 8 to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like there is much downside that will be affected except for only being able to have capability to just 1 aux camera, wich in my opinion isn't a big deal as I don't believe ill ever have use for more than 1 aux cam . I'm very impressed at all your leg work with naviks and how many questions they were able to answer for us all. That being said, $300 is still quite the investment for me to gamble on , being a full time traveler, i just dont feel comfortable on how they will handle my particular situation if I were to join the group buy with me moving around I have to precisely plan on where ill be for a while and know that they will ship in a precise time frame with out delays. Then there is the issue of the 30 day return policy for us all , all over the country and when we recieve them. It's enticing for sure but I'm out , and will listen to your all's feed back on how it works in real life situations. I was the guinea pig on the $600 camera for Trailer and luckily i was able to return with a full refund and no restocking fee, so im being a little extra cautious this go around. The big one i still haven't heard is, what will this do to our electronics warranty. If there is any jeopardy, than i won't risk it anyway. Thanks again for your leg work, but I'm not in on the group deal

RBarrett

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the install process involves pulling the radio faceplate/screen. Then removing the radio module (4 screws) then unplugging the harness from that unit and inserting the naviks unit in line and reconnecting. You can see what is involved in the "Infotainment UAX" YouTube video about adding the 12 inch radio to a truck that didn't come with it.

MikeXM

Reaction score
okay, *raise hand*. 3 down, 7 to go.

slackerwill

Reaction score
In! Just need to confirm this will work with 8.4" No Nav Headunit. Risk is minimal with that excellent return policy though.
5 down, 5 to go...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in for one, that's 6 now in this thread...

I'll repeat what I said earlier re: purchase. I would expect each buyer gets a unique discount code to use if ordering online. That way we're dealing directly with NAVIKS for any warranty issues.

Zeroday

Reaction score
In! Just need to confirm this will work with 8.4" No Nav Headunit. Risk is minimal with that excellent return policy though.
5 down, 5 to go...

I contacted them since I have the 8.4" also and they said they didn't think it would work, and that I'd need to bring in my truck for them to code up a new one for it.

slackerwill

Reaction score
I contacted them since I have the 8.4" also and they said they didn't think it would work, and that I'd need to bring in my truck for them to code up a new one for it.
Interesting. Doesn't seem like the harness would be that different but maybe because of the manual HVAC controls. Little too far for me to take mine over to try it but man I really want this!

RBarrett

Reaction score
I forgot to put the 12 inch screen in my summary of discussions with them The current unit is only for 12 inch screen trucks with the full 5 camera surround 360 view system with 1 Aux camera. Since they have not coded a unit for two Aux camera trucks like mine there is no guarantee it will work for me either. This is why I'm trying to put a visit with them on my trip. They are sure they can make it work for my truck as well as a couple enhancements we have talked about. Since Slackerwill has the 8.4 also we rally only have 5 of us. Doesn't look like we will get to 10 before I need to just buy one before heading out to meet them.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I forgot to put the 12 inch screen in my summary of discussions with them The current unit is only for 12 inch screen trucks with the full 5 camera surround 360 view system with 1 Aux camera. Since they have not coded a unit for two Aux camera trucks like mine there is no guarantee it will work for me either. This is why I'm trying to put a visit with them on my trip. They are sure they can make it work for my truck as well as a couple enhancements we have talked about. Since Slackerwill has the 8.4 also we rally only have 5 of us. Doesn't look like we will get to 10 before I need to just buy one before heading out to meet them.
I have the two AUX system too. So my vote is only there if it works, obviously.

And if you end up paying full price, negotiate with them for an after sale price adjustment in case the group of 10 is formed (including you). After all, you are the one getting them more business from this forum.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Doesn't seem like the harness would be that different but maybe because of the manual HVAC controls. Little too far for me to take mine over to try it but man I really want this!
Yah I do to, there are just too many people who have said while talking to naviks that they have said things like, it should work, they didn't think it would be a problem or there not sure . Those words don't make me feel very comfortable to spend 300+ and to try and pop the dash out where ill probably break something for sure. Plus I want to know how it a my warranty on the electrical stuff. Lots of uncertainty until its been tried and proven. I'll wait and listen to all the comments about plusses and minuses.

hpc3

Reaction score
They could produce these if they used my truck as a test mule. I'm considering the trip up there, depending on how long they'd need it for. Wonder if there's anyone but me who got all the cameras but opted for the smaller screen...
I have the 8.4" screen with surround camera option, not crazy about the larger 12" setup. Let me know if you need anything for help, testing, etc. Very familiar with Lockpicks and other 8.4" swaps for other Mopars.

I'd be in for the group buy at $300 if they can confirm 8.4" compatibility... I don't know why this wouldn't work but defer to them for confirmation. I also want at least (1) AUX to work too as I'll be adding a camera for trailer stuff to mine at some point (was not included on mine from the factory).

Last edited:

mlink

Reaction score
I'm in for one. I have the '20 with two auxiliary cameras (supposedly) - but don't really have the need for more than one and am not sure how they connect the 2nd one yet...

Not sure what the score is now, but it looks like still 6. Let me know...

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So if the NAVIK was built for the 2019 single camera Aux prep and ignores (but doesn't disable) the 2nd Aux camera, I'm still in for it.

Best guess would be they are just emulating button presses and fooling the radio into thinking you're 0 MPH. They've confirmed that for the NAV in Motion.

I just can't imagine the AUX2 selection would be affected, though it may not cycle through AUX2 and you have to press the screen. Even without a camera connected, if you get a blue screen on AUX2 after installing, it should work with a camera.

RBarrett

Reaction score
I spoke with Naviks again today. We can get some answers on some of this pretty soon as I have one on the way which will get to me next week. I just bought one outright for now since we need to move forward if we are ever going to get what we all want. I have my dash apart now just waiting to pull the radio chasis to add the unit. I'll try to post some pictures of that step so we get an idea of the units size and fit and so forth. My truck and camper is under covers all summer but I indicated to Naviks that I will try to start using the truck some before a meeting with them. We are trying to find a place suitably close to their facility in NY so that if hardware changes are needed that can be accomodated. Software changes they can do on the spot I am led to believe. We will try to do this all while I'm spending my nights in the PA forest. They have some changes they are thinking about and hope that I will have some suggestions as well. My hope is to give them a couple days and make this as much as a fully integrated solution as it can be. Stay tuned and let's try to get up to our minimum of ten.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Naviks again today. We can get some answers on some of this pretty soon as I have one on the way which will get to me next week. I just bought one outright for now since we need to move forward if we are ever going to get what we all want. I have my dash apart now just waiting to pull the radio chasis to add the unit. I'll try to post some pictures of that step so we get an idea of the units size and fit and so forth. My truck and camper is under covers all summer but I indicated to Naviks that I will try to start using the truck some before a meeting with them. We are trying to find a place suitably close to their facility in NY so that if hardware changes are needed that can be accomodated. Software changes they can do on the spot I am led to believe. We will try to do this all while I'm spending my nights in the PA forest. They have some changes they are thinking about and hope that I will have some suggestions as well. My hope is to give them a couple days and make this as much as a fully integrated solution as it can be. Stay tuned and let's try to get up to our minimum of ten.
I greatly appreciate you, thank you

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Based on my assumptions and being unsure I'd ever add a second camera, I was just going to get one as well if we couldn't get to the group buy number. Maybe now I'll wait as my towing season is pretty much over.

Glad that you are close enough and made the effort to run point on this.

Big slap on the back for that. Very much appreciated.

Mykwong

Reaction score
Agreed! Thank you for taking the time and energy for all the rest of us. Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread