Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Ordered my A.R.E Z series shell today and finished up the wiring in the bed for it. I'm not impressed with the way most of those dealer install guys hook up wiring.

View attachment 6190
I can’t read what’s on the box. What is all that for and did that come with your shell? I ordered the ARE Overland and selected the 12 Volt dome light only because I plan to wire up my own lighting. I hold the same opinion of dealer install wiring so I plan to tell them not to wire the light to the truck.

steve49

Reaction score
I used a eight positions terminal block, #10 gauge black/red power zip cable fused from drivers side battery to the bed. I wish I had known I would have to tie into the truck door lock back when I ran the #10 wire, could have run those in the loom as well. Tied into the white/purple third brake light wire which is in the factory wiring above the spare tire with a white wire into the bed. I have a Bedrug coming as well so when installed the wiring will be covered up. I just ordered the shell so did this wiring to have ready when it comes in,

1) third brake light
2) shell keyless lock
3) shell keyless unlock
4) shell interior lights
5) 12v socket power
6) 12v tie in power
7) ground
8) ground

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
KIMG1204.JPGput a flag sticker i found on amazon in slider, dam fine looking sticker...Merica! Washed and waxed again with turtle ceramic, cleaned rear seat pulled out headrests and installed gun case over back seat, installed bear gun scabbard and am starting to pack her up as i hit road for hunting season this weekend! On a different note went to find some diesel 911 just to have with and some t6 to have ready for oil change upon return. Locally no t6 affordable(oreily had ga for $30, hell no) including wally, not a big deal but had to order it! All my local auto stores, farm stores and wally all seem out or low on common product so be advised....

UglyViking

Reaction score
Small but arguably the first part I "installed/replaced" in the truck. Bought off amazon for a pretty penny but seemed there was no real option for these year trucks and I wanted something to protect the fuel for those jaunts off road.

20200803_181436.jpg

The gas cap is shockingly heavy, seems like a single solid piece of aluminum, with a magnet in the middle. Probably should have hollowed it out to make it a bit lighter but seems ok. Can hold onto the back of the gas cap door pretty well, but does slide if the door is tapped so might just stick it to the hinge. Doesn't have a solid "click" lock as I was hoping. Seems like the way it locks down has a pretty large space for opening so you kind of just tighten it down a bit. I'll be curious to see how it stays on while hitting some bumps. Def cap is fine, text is a bit much and wish it matched but I guess thats being too picky. Didn't need the def cap, but figured I'd match it, prob would just just saved my money honestly.

Also just found out these doors don't lock, which sucks knowing that I paid $45 for this stupid cap and someone can easily swipe it without issue. Luckily I don't think people do much of that anymore and I've not heard of it happening anywhere around me, fingers crossed.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Totally deep cleaned the interior. Dusted and vacuumed. All that sport black interior was a beech . Put protecter on all vinyl and plastic and leather cleaner and conditioner on seats. Glass cleaned all interior glass and windows. Scrubbed weather tech floor liners with a dish scrubby and my car wash soap with carnuba. Floor liners cleaned up fair but are already stained. Any body have any wt floor liner cleaner hacks to get black shoe stains out of liner. All in all spent 4 hrs on her.
My little porter cable shop vac must have a start up motor greater than 400 watts because when I plugged it into truck plug ins, it would just barely turn over. 180 watt heated blanket worked good for dogs though. better than spending an extra $2400 on heated rear seats on l2 pkg.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
85k truck with 5k of accessories, 110 of that coming from
20200430_151645.jpg
I've figured out, it don't matter how much you spend on a house or a car, its never got everything you need and want, were always spending more

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Do you RV? That's a real money sink!
Yupper and yupper again. Doesn't seam like there's an end to how much you can spend on these things. So we don't ruffle any feathers, if there's any more off topic discussion, feel free to chime on to, " what happened to rich " thread, were free range discussions on there.

Svon89

Reaction score
I went and visited mine at the dealers repair lot. Been there 21 days this time. Sorry to bring anybody down, I’m just depressed they can’t fix the issue.

Svon89

Reaction score
Transmission shifts into neutral randomly. Not often, but when it does it in an intersection and you have to shift to park and back to drive it doesn’t feel great.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Transmission shifts into neutral randomly. Not often, but when it does it in an intersection and you have to shift to park and back to drive it doesn’t feel great.
We'll that sounds scary. Is yours gas or diesel and aisin or rfe. Sorry if you have already posted you're info, if so, what post #

Svon89

Reaction score
We'll that sounds scary. Is yours gas or diesel and aisin or rfe. Sorry if you have already posted you're info, if so, what post #
My truck is a 2019 2500 with the 6.4 and the 8 speed transmission. It also had the upfitter module. Interesting thing is I found someone else that has had the same issue as me, and his truck was the 6.4, 8 speed transmission, and also had the upfitter module.
Right now mine is waiting on a fuel pump, because there is a chance that a fuel delivery issue could possibly put the transmission into neutral mode. At least that’s what the dealer said this time. Last week they were removing the camshaft to check the pin connecting it to the timing gear because there was a possibility that might be partially sheared. No clue what it will be next week.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Remote start and an OPT7 Triple Row LED tailgate light bar.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Oh... and I swapped out the silly OEM “puddle lights” for a set that is 100x brighter. My original were already filling up with water when it rained and were incredibly dim.
Would like to see a pic of those and install info

Users who are viewing this thread