Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recall 11/10/2022 for the 68RFE ** UPDATED INFO IN 1ST POST **

JustARam22

Reaction score
Its still covered as its an extension of the recall
Spoke to my dealer but they arent budging, they actually confirmed they installed the updated grommet and vent tube but not dipstick.

I am waiting for a call back from a manager

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Look at the end of the dipstick tube and see if it has an inner ridge in it at the very top.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
My local dealer did the recall back in February on my 2022 3500 SO while it was in for 6 new injectors and a new DPF for constant regen issues and a face plugged DPF and on the invoice they installed these parts.

CSSPZA31AA Indicator - transmission fluid level (Short DipStick)
CSSPZA32AA Tube-vent

So I'm guessing no new dipstick tube with mine, I'm going to ask how do we get the new tube and longer 44" locking dipstick at my dealer as the Suncoast I have will still pull out fairly easy out of the tube.

IMG_7634.JPG

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer but they arent budging, they actually confirmed they installed the updated grommet and vent tube but not dipstick.

I am waiting for a call back from a manager

Show them this picture and tell them if that's not what's on your truck, they owe you some parts and an install per the recall and subsequent customer satisfaction letter.

Reach out to @RamCares if needed, but get after the dealer!

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
After doing some research on here I found another thread about the dipstick and us early adopters of the 15" now can have the longer 44" locking dipstick and dipstick tube installed as part of the recall of the recall. I guess enough of us complained that Ram decided to make a longer dipstick but never really mentioned it to us as an option, only go to the dealer to have our fluid checked which is a waste of time.

Maybe @Brutal_HO you can combine both threads this thread and https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/safety-recall-za3-transmission-dipstick.14714/ to avoid confusion and extra posts.

DIPSTICK RCMN-22V835-6783.JPG

Attachments

• DIPSTICK RCMN-22V835-6783.pdf
    118.4 KB · Views: 12

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
After doing some research on here I found another thread about the dipstick and us early adopters of the 15" now can have the longer 44" locking dipstick and dipstick tube installed as part of the recall of the recall. I guess enough of us complained that Ram decided to make a longer dipstick but never really mentioned it to us as an option, only go to the dealer to have our fluid checked which is a waste of time.

Maybe @Brutal_HO you can combine both threads this thread and https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/safety-recall-za3-transmission-dipstick.14714/ to avoid confusion and extra posts.

View attachment 63379

I can't control the order of posts in a thread merge so sometimes it doesn't help or makes a mess.

The 1st post in both threads were edited to include the updated information. There's plenty of info in either thread if anyone bothers to read more than just the last few posts.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Stopped by my local Ram dealer today and they had no clue about the updated ZA3 locking 44" dipstick update even thou it was published December 2022. I provided them the info for RCMN-22V835-6783 and they are going to order the 44" dipstick, new tube and grommet even thou I already had the ZA3 recall already done.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Stopped at my local dealer yesterday, after receiving a PHONE CALL from Stellantis - reminding me of the open recall for the Dipstick and the Relay...

Parts not available. WTF Stellantis @RamCares ? Leaving this note here, so if the truck burns down, I can remember which day to subpoena Ram's records in their system (yes, I watched the service guy look me up via VIN in their system). And I'm leaving the voicemail on my phone.

Service guy "check back in a month".

Jay P

Reaction score
Stopped at my local dealer yesterday, after receiving a PHONE CALL from Stellantis - reminding me of the open recall for the Dipstick and the Relay...

Parts not available. WTF Stellantis @RamCares ? Leaving this note here, so if the truck burns down, I can remember which day to subpoena Ram's records in their system (yes, I watched the service guy look me up via VIN in their system). And I'm leaving the voicemail on my phone.

Service guy "check back in a month".
Parts aren't available due to the UAW strike. I have been getting calls, emails and cards in the mail for three recalls. Seems stupid they would call/email/mail about the recalls when they know parts aren't available because of the strike.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Parts aren't available due to the UAW strike. I have been getting calls, emails and cards in the mail for three recalls. Seems stupid they would call/email/mail about the recalls when they know parts aren't available because of the strike.
Like the parts are made in the USA at a UAW shop? Seems like an excuse to put political pressure on the strikers.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
I got the grid heater relay and the new vent for the transmission already and the truck is running great so I really don’t care if they get the parts or not.

rfullen280

Reaction score
The UAW shutdown the parts warehouses and distribution centers for both Stellantis and GM as part of the strike.
Well now, that's amazing....

Of course, with inflation, interest, and costs running nothing but up.. all the more reason for me to keep this truck running/maintained as long as possible. I'm gonna end up becoming one of those old guys that drives a 30 year old truck someday...

Will_T

Reaction score
I have been getting these constant reminders from Mopar also. And I've been on the list at our dealer for both recalls last winter for one and early spring for the other. They have not had parts available for me at least for that whole time. I think Mopar has to send out those reminders just to cover themselves legally. But it seems like there's nothing in place that forces the dealers to do the recalls if they're busy with higher paying work.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Emails document attempts better than phone calls. They can’t say “I didn’t say that “.
It’s a shame that we have to COA to stay in the clear if a problem should arise.

Users who are viewing this thread