Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Footwell Lighting

ebtksutton

Reaction score
I’m sure I can come up with something. I’ll have to see if connector parts are available.

Heck yeah let me know!

There is a small black plug that’s very close to the mounting location….it honestly looks like it’s the plug for the older footwell light (round dome shaped, that you can change the bulb in) very close to buying one of those just to see if it will plug in and work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gray8188

Reaction score
I’m sure I can come up with something. I’ll have to see if connector parts are available.
If you were to make something like this I’d be in for a set. Would love some footwell lights in my tradesman

Gray8188

Reaction score
I can build a harness for the front footwell lights.
Man we’ll consider one sold whenever you decide to make it. What footwell lights would it utilize? Would love to have some more ambient light in my tradesman. Switch over to the paragoptics overhead console light in blue and it’s making me want a little more.

ebtksutton

Reaction score
Man we’ll consider one sold whenever you decide to make it. What footwell lights would it utilize? Would love to have some more ambient light in my tradesman. Switch over to the paragoptics overhead console light in blue and it’s making me want a little more.

Ahem….excuse me sir….that would make two sold I need some light in mine desperately as well

I already have the factory lights (bought them thinking the wire was there to plug into) so I just need a way to plug them up!

Gray8188

Reaction score
Ahem….excuse me sir….that would make two sold I need some light in mine desperately as well

I already have the factory lights (bought them thinking the wire was there to plug into) so I just need a way to plug them up!

Have a part number for the lights? I wonder if there is a company that makes blue ones.

Meodom

Reaction score
Heck yeah let me know!

There is a small black plug that’s very close to the mounting location….it honestly looks like it’s the plug for the older footwell light (round dome shaped, that you can change the bulb in) very close to buying one of those just to see if it will plug in and work.

That's what I used. Bought some cheap lights on Amazon. Works great.

Meodom

Reaction score
Heck yeah let me know!

Attachments

• 1677533301992.png
    1677533301992.png
    472.4 KB · Views: 41

Meodom

Reaction score
They just plugged right in? What year is your truck? Any pics?
They did. They were small black plugs that were tapped up with blue tape. 2022 Tradesman Level 2 Trim Pkg. Pic of driver's side attached.

Attachments

• 9847DD22-9EB1-4268-9750-3701FA819CED.jpeg
    9847DD22-9EB1-4268-9750-3701FA819CED.jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 139

Meodom

Reaction score
I also have the blue plug referenced in Jimmy's post above.
They did. They were small black plugs that were tapped up with blue tape. 2022 Tradesman Level 2 Trim Pkg. Pic of driver's side attached.

Attachments

• F80FB128-54DB-451F-B3CE-E53408A8E5C0.jpeg
    F80FB128-54DB-451F-B3CE-E53408A8E5C0.jpeg
    540.7 KB · Views: 62

Gray8188

Reaction score
I need to check to see if my 2021 has these plugs. They light up the floorboards pretty well?

Meodom

Reaction score
I need to check to see if my 2021 has these plugs. They light up the floorboards pretty well?
Very well. I was bummed when I realized I didn't have them and then pretty happy when I happened upon the plugs and those lights that I found on Amazon. I bet they're tapped up and hidden in there somewhere.

Gray8188

Reaction score
Very well. I was bummed when I realized I didn't have them and then pretty happy when I happened upon the plugs and those lights that I found on Amazon. I bet they're tapped up and hidden in there somewhere.
Yea I was too. Were the plugs taped pretty high up? Going to order the lights.

Meodom

Reaction score
Yea I was too. Were the plugs taped pretty high up? Going to order the lights.
Not really. I found them pretty easily. They were folded over and tapped to the other legs of the wire loom. Those lights have a mounting hole. I just found a mounting spot on the drivers side and passengers side with existing bolts and mounted the lights at those locations.

Gray8188

Reaction score
Not really. I found them pretty easily. They were folded over and tapped to the other legs of the wire loom. Those lights have a mounting hole. I just found a mounting spot on the drivers side and passengers side with existing bolts and mounted the lights at those locations.
Man I can’t find it to save my life. Any idea what area I should be looking? And I’m assuming you removed the felt looking cover under the passenger side?

Meodom

Reaction score
Man I can’t find it to save my life. Any idea what area I should be looking? And I’m assuming you removed the felt looking cover under the passenger side?
On the driver's side it was tapped up to an existing harness branch pretty much right behind then OBD plug. On the passenger side it was behind the felt and over towards the passenger door side of the truck. I only had to pry the right side of the felt back to get at it.

Users who are viewing this thread