Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

STGS517

Reaction score
Does anybody think the 3500 Laramie SRW’s are being held up for production like the limited’s are? I was scheduled around 1/18 along with others on the spreadsheet and most of the others have been built. My dealer is useless for info. Thanks

the5thsoth

Reaction score
I'm over here hoping the vendors have bedsteps and tonneau covers in stock maybe I get to begin the train waiting game soon.

BSN81

Reaction score
Does anybody think the 3500 Laramie SRW’s are being held up for production like the limited’s are? I was scheduled around 1/18 along with others on the spreadsheet and most of the others have been built. My dealer is useless for info. Thanks
My old order, was scheduled on 1/18 and it went into production on 1/31. Laramie SRW, had the level 2 package, built with Level F.

pr3dict

Reaction score
You can find Laramie's on the ram website shopping tool.

Malfunkshun'd

Reaction score
Aw
Just got an email from my dealer that my Rebel has been delivered! No pics yet unfortunately. He said he'd end some over after they do their PDI.
Aweosme
How long since production / shipping?
Just to get a rough estimate for others :)

jsalbre

Reaction score
Aw

Aweosme
How long since production / shipping?
Just to get a rough estimate for others :)
Order was 10/21, before any 2023 production started, D1 on 10/11, E on 01/11, KZ 01/12, KZM 01/20, and KZX today, 02/06. I am shocked at how fast it happened. I was honestly hoping it wouldn't how up until March, so I'd have more time to sell my Jeep privately, and so I could build up a bit of extra cash for down payment to offset the crazy interest rates.

Malfunkshun'd

Reaction score
Order was 10/21, before any 2023 production started, E on 01/11, KZ 01/12, KZM 01/20, and KZX today, 02/06. I am shocked at how fast it happened. I was honestly hoping it wouldn't how up until March, so I'd have more time to sell my Jeep privately, and so I could build up a bit of extra cash for down payment to offset the crazy interest rates.
Solid timeline! Especially since it shipped all the way to ID!
Enjoy the truck now :)

@all : Anybody knows how to track a BSNF railcar? I have seen some posts about a way... but I could not find them anymore.
Thanks in advance.

Steelhorse67

Reaction score
Yahoo mine is on the train! To help anyone else here is my timeline. First truck is a 3500 DRW, Longhorn Mega Cab, HO with almost all options including 5th wheel and chrome steps. Order Processed 11/14/22, Scheduled 12/14/22, In production 1/17/23, Built 1/26/23, Shipped 2/1/23. Let me know of question or info.

Also what specifically or where can my dealer find the railcar info it is on. My dealer says they can find the carrier but not exact train or car. Thanks.

Aaron.j.ackerman

Reaction score
So, after looking at my build sheet I’m glad to say they didn’t drop anything from my order that I’m aware of at least. The only thing I’m iffy about is the digital gauge cluster, I didn’t see it on there but to be honest I don’t remember if I tried ordering it with that option

38Tango

Reaction score
Is there any way to get a VIN specific towing capacity other than RAM's website? I have my truck and I have put my VIN in and it says no VIN data available. The door sticker has the payload capacity but no towing numbers.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Got my truck last week and now I have to give it up until next Monday already :(
truck went in for full ceramic coating protection and window tints.
its gonna be done Friday but its gonna rain Friday and Saturday, so the guy said I should wait till Monday to get it so the ceramic coating has time to fully cure without getting rained on.
But ceramic coating is a must because even straight from the factory the day I picked it up you can see the spider web paint swirls in the paint.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Also I want your guys thoughts on this. I'm new to the diesel side of things.
Is oil changes every 5,000-6,000 and fuel filters every other oil change a good way to go about it?
Like should I go long or less time? What do you guys think?

Also is there any other major maintenance things that I should do on a consistent basis?
Like what are the major things to keep on top of with the diesels that's outside of the normal compared to gassers.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Got my truck last week and now I have to give it up until next Monday already :(
truck went in for full ceramic coating protection and window tints.
its gonna be done Friday but its gonna rain Friday and Saturday, so the guy said I should wait till Monday to get it so the ceramic coating has time to fully cure without getting rained on.
But ceramic coating is a must because even straight from the factory the day I picked it up you can see the spider web paint swirls in the paint.

Is oil changes every 5,000-6,000 and fuel filters every other oil change a good way to go about it?

Also is there any other major maintenance things that I should do on a consistent basis?
Like what are the major things to keep on top of with the diesels that's outside of the normal compared to gassers.
The swirl marks aren't from the factory, they're from the minimum wage teenager that washed your truck with a dirty rag at the dealership.

The truck will tell you when to change the oil. You should also read the manual to see if your use requires a different schedule than the built in monitor says. 5000 mile oil changes is just throwing money away.

tchur1

Reaction score

Manual recommends 15k mile OCI and fuel filter interval, the truck has an indicator for fuel filter and oil life which roughly equate out to 15k miles. I did my first fuel filter and oil change at 10k miles and will do the remainder at 15k or 1 year miles or if the indicator says I need to change sooner.

Changing every 5k miles on the Cummins is an absolute waste of money.

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Just got an email from my dealer that my Rebel has been delivered! No pics yet unfortunately. He said he'd end some over after they do their PDI.
Congrats dude! I think you'll be the first Rebel delivery on this forum, can't wait to see pics! My PW should show up sometime in the next week(ish)... (hopefully).

@uplander Your PW shipped the day after mine did, have you heard anything on yours?

@Kauffmj1 Not by any means trying to rub salt, just starting to get legit concerned; have you heard anything on yours? I mean if my math is right, you're well over 120 days since order date

Users who are viewing this thread