Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding adaptive cruise

TXJosh

Reaction score
Follow-up for everyone else...best place to get low pricing on Mopar parts for this project

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
For the install (parts are listed in post 19):
Swap out the cruise control switch on the steering wheel. You have to remove the horn/airbag first.
There’s more info on removing the horn in this thread:

Have the new windshield installed, and tell them not to worry about installing or calibrating the DASM.
Bolt the mirror adapter and the DASM to the windshield, and if you have a small digital level, adjust it according to instructions below. If not, tell the dealer to do it when they run the calibration.
B98B15D0-B06C-49B5-A672-1DB66183AD4C.jpeg

Swap out your existing mirror jumper harness for the new one with DASM connectors. If you don’t have cab lights and you have the base mirror, you might not have a mirror jumper harness at all, so you’ll just be adding the new one.
5EA7E3F5-81D9-4DEF-B3E3-55CBC2A9D201.jpeg

The white line in the image above is pointing to the connector behind the access panel on the side of the dash. Remove that, and the A-pillar to remove and replace the harness. Don’t install the mirror covers until after the dealer performs the calibration, in case they need to make any adjustments.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
When you plug in the new mirror harness to the connector a the side of the dash, check the wires going into that connector to make sure the three highlighted wires are present. They should be, but if not, let me know.
F0D96718-EC9A-4897-BD1F-92528A95B9AC.jpeg
2401CC07-44CC-4932-A159-6C23A9A701F4.jpeg

Make these changes with AlfaOBD:
VehConfig 2: Cruise Control Present- NO

VehConfig 7: Type of adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system present- ACC with stop

VehConfig 7: Full Speed Range Forward Collision Warning Plus System- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Forward Collision Warning CSM Present- Feature 2 - 3 Option

CustSetMenu 2: Forward Collision Warning Single Setting (Warning and Brake) CSM Present- YES

P/T Chassis Net: ACC/DASM Adaptive Cruise Control/Driver Assistance Module- ENABLE

After these settings are set, schedule the dealer, and tell them you need to have the driver assist camera for ACC calibrated, and that’s it- don’t tell them you installed it yourself, or try explaining what you did or any other information. It’ll just raise unnecessary questions, and the usual “well that’s not gonna work” comments.

Last edited:

superdave

Reaction score
Bamwholesale or allmoparparts

So, im a little confused. Is it possible to have ACC without the lane control? I don’t care about that….only interested in ACC and what would be necessary to add that on 2019 with CC.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TXJosh

Reaction score
Is there a good step by step for this process yet? It appears pretty straight forward, but want to ensure the plugs are going to the right spot, etc.

Also, @Jimmy07 i My Longhorn has adaptive steering. Do you have a part number for the 12" screen that would give me lane assist?

Also- is FCW available as an option and does ACC on these units include stop and go?

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
FCW is part of ACC. ACC on Ram HDs does not have stop and go.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
My confusion lies in RAM advertising ACC on the 2022s as having stop and go...
The 1500’s do.
Install is pretty straightforward, but I’ll update my reserved posts with details.

TXJosh

Reaction score
Ah, I didn't realize there was a difference. Thanks for the education. So, with that, will FCW enable once ACC is in place?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ah, I didn't realize there was a difference. Thanks for the education. So, with that, will FCW enable once ACC is in place?
If all the ACC hardware is in place, you can enable FCW settings in the bcm too.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Nope, just ACC with stop. No stop and go:
View attachment 50051
On a sort-of-but-not-really side note, I've been doing some research on the 1500s stop and go and it seems it only switches to the electronic parking brake after 3 minutes of stopped time, so I think it's just software differences, and/or a different ABS module that prevents us from having stop-and-go on the big trucks.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
On a sort-of-but-not-really side note, I've been doing some research on the 1500s stop and go and it seems it only switches to the electronic parking brake after 3 minutes of stopped time, so I think it's just software differences, and/or a different ABS module that prevents us from having stop-and-go on the big trucks.
Definitely a different abs module. I did some more testing, and even when spamming the resume button, after about two minutes of feeling like I’ve been playing galaga, the brake prefill will no longer hold, and the truck starts lurching. So the EPB is definitely necessary.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Definitely a different abs module. I did some more testing, and even when spamming the resume button, after about two minutes of feeling like I’ve been playing galaga, the brake prefill will no longer hold, and the truck starts lurching. So the EPB is definitely necessary.
I wonder why the pressure bleeds down. I guess it doesn't matter for normal ABS use, so the pump doesn't "need" to be able to hold pressure for an extended period of time. Seems like such a simple thing to change. The $20k poverty-spec Corolla rental car I drove over the weekend had stop and go using only the ABS module. There's no good reason that a nearly $100k vehicle shouldn't be able to.

TXJosh

Reaction score
How do I know which of these part numbers includes the lane departure button? Is there a secret decoder I am missing somewhere?
1673391078494.png

Jimmy07

Reaction score
How do I know which of these part numbers includes the lane departure button? Is there a secret decoder I am missing somewhere?
View attachment 50052
68526611AB if you have a Cummins
68526610AB if you have a Hemi

**Note for others about these part numbers**
Those screen part numbers are only for 2022, and won’t work on 2019-2021.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Posts 22 & 23 updated with some ACC install instructions.

Extra info for those that want to add lane assist along with ACC:
If you ALREADY HAVE adaptive steering, you just need to swap in the correct 12” screen that has the lane assist button (and no, you can’t get away with adding lane assist without having the physical button).
12” screens with lane assist button:
2019-2021 Cummins (Uconnect 4 only)- 68370849AC
2019-2021 Hemi (Uconnect 4 only)- 68423810AC
2022+ Cummins (Uconnect 5 only)- 68526611AB
2022+ Hemi (Uconnect 5 only)- 68526610AB

If you DO NOT have adaptive steering, in addition to the screen you need to swap out the steering gear box for the one with torque overlay- 68507900AB
Jumper wiring to connect steering module- 68485757AA (for 2019, you’ll need an additional custom harness)
The intermediate steering shaft (the one that connects to the gear box) is swapped out for a shorter one- 68427394AA

These are all the settings for lane assist:
VehConfig 7: Lane Departure Warning Present- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Lane Departure Torque CSM Present- YES

CustSetMenu 1: Lane Departure Warning CSM Present- YES

P/T Chassis Net: EPS Electric Power Steering- ENABLED (already set on adaptive steering equipped)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread