Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

phatboy64

Reaction score
Thats for regular denali... The Denali ultimate is what all of us night edition limited order people will want to get and those are TBD what the pricing is.. I'd imagine they will go for 6 figures+

Also not sure why tow mode camera would affect the digital rear mirro as that is a part of the technology package. You couldve ordered the technology package "AVS" I think it is without the Tow mode camera... Some people here have already had that gone forward. However, All of us with the tow mode camera on their order are screwed. Ive had one of the first orders confirmed back on 9/11 and I'm still sitting in C status. For what it's worth my RAM rep said that the fix for our orders wont be available for a few weeks and until then our orders are going to be stuck in C or D.
Yeah the ultimate package will be more but looks worth it.

I do have the tow technology package, that is what is frustrating me, the dealer rep is still telling me O won’t get the 3.0 mirror.. I pretty much have a loaded Limited.

44Dan44

Reaction score
For all the new GMC fans disgusted with Ram, what makes you think GMC can/will do better with ordering? Maybe if you place an order with all 3 of them you'll get a truck eventually. :confused: I'll just wait here. Like every new release/refresh you can expect the following from the dealers "Can't keep em on the lot, it's a really desirable truck this year, I can do 10K over MSRP on this 2024 but that's about it, lemme talk to my manager for ya" followed by "Well, I found the truck I wanted on the lot, had most of the things I was wanting, considering the shortages I'm happy with the price I paid" followed soon after by "I can't believe this new release has so many problems, I've been to the dealership 8 times, no parts available, anyone know what the Lemon law is in insert state here".

My worthless 2 cents worth is build what you want, place your order and calm down, its going to be a while. If you "need a truck right now for fill in the blank", go buy the leftover dregs on dealer lots, I'm sure you'll get a great deal. Edit to add: The 2024 you want, won't be on the lot until.... wait for it....2024.
Image 12-24-22 at 6.04 AM.jpg

Back on topic, how's the 2023 RAM builds and ordering going? I'm in C status.

Last edited:

phatboy64

Reaction score
For all the new GMC fans disgusted with Ram, what makes you think GMC can/will do better with ordering? Maybe if you place an order with all 3 of them you'll get a truck eventually. :confused: I'll just wait here. Like every new release/refresh you can expect the following from the dealers "Can't keep em on the lot, it's a really desirable truck this year, I can do 10K over MSRP on this 2024 but that's about it, lemme talk to my manager for ya" followed by "Well, I found the truck I wanted on the lot, had most of the things I was wanting, considering the shortages I'm happy with the price I paid" followed soon after by "I can't believe this new release has so many problems, I've been to the dealership 8 times, no parts available, anyone know what the Lemon law is in insert state here".

My worthless 2 cents worth is build what you want, place your order and calm down, its going to be a while. If you "need a truck right now for fill in the blank", go buy the leftover dregs on dealer lots, I'm sure you'll get a great deal. Edit to add: The 2024 you want, won't be on the lot until.... wait for it....2024.
View attachment 49261

The problem is a lot of us can’t “build the truck” we want. I don’t think anyone with a 2023 build is complaining that it is taking too long…. Me personally, if I am buying a truck with a sticker of $104k, I want the truck I want and not what RAM is going to decide to send me.

pr3dict

Reaction score
For all the new GMC fans disgusted with Ram, what makes you think GMC can/will do better with ordering?
Sierras are built in the USA so shipping times to the east coast will be significantly lower. Also GMC dealers don't have unlimited allocation like ram dealers so less competition for a slot... And last, they don't have a system where if a piece is missing they hold your order indefinitely.

The problem is a lot of us can’t “build the truck” we want. I don’t think anyone with a 2023 build is complaining that it is taking too long…. Me personally, if I am buying a truck with a sticker of $104k, I want the truck I want and not what RAM is going to decide to send me.
To add my cents to the issue with ram is our orders aren't just in the wait your turn. It's in the we have a effed up system that caused your truck to go in a bucket of trucks that cannot be manufactured and we don't know if we'll ever fix it or let you know x months later that you need to just cancel your order and try again... All that while every option you ordered before is no longer available. And then they tell you to get to the back of the line no exceptions because your a new order now and if you wanted the options you asked for you should have ordered earlier and not waited to the last minute.

All while you think to yourself, I did order earlier, I was one of the first orders to come through.

0 help from RAM. Customer service is non existent for this company.

phatboy64

Reaction score
Sierras are built in the USA so shipping times to the east coast will be significantly lower. Also GMC dealers don't have unlimited allocation like ram dealers so less competition for a slot... And last, they don't have a system where if a piece is missing they hold your order indefinitely.

To add my cents to the issue with ram is our orders aren't just in the wait your turn. It's in the we have a effed up system that caused your truck to go in a bucket of trucks that cannot be manufactured and we don't know if we'll ever fix it or let you know x months later that you need to just cancel your order and try again... All that while every option you ordered before is no longer available. And then they tell you to get to the back of the line no exceptions because your a new order now and if you wanted the options you asked for you should have ordered earlier and not waited to the last minute.

All while you think to yourself, I did order earlier, I was one of the first orders to come through.

0 help from RAM. Customer service is non existent for this company.
^^^ Right! I have owned RAM 3500s for the past 20 years and I really like them but….. not to the point were I feel like I should be “lucky” to get one with what ever options it ends up with…they are not that good…

I ordered on 9/22 and they accepted my order with the Tow Mode Camera, less then 30 days into production they say it is not available for the whole 2023 model year build….I mean they didn’t know they didn’t have the part when the books opened??? Don’t get me wrong I don’t need that option that bad but why list it as an option and then keep my order held up if they know they don’t have it. it is as if they don’t give a crap. That is what pisses me off.

Drew M

Reaction score

View attachment 49261

My dealer has been straight up and pretty accurate with time lines and expectations.
We spent four months traveling from home (Kansas City area) to Eastern Canada and back. We saw a lot of near empty dealerships of all brands. When we got home I started looking for a HD (all 3 brands). Whatever 22’s were available were either overloaded with options or basic work trucks.
I tried building a ‘23 and the best my local dealer could do was $500 below MSRP, and told me he hasn’t done this good of a deal since pre-COVID. So I went to Granger. The only thing they both were consistent with was the delivery time, basically 4-9 months. Granger offered a better deal.
I don’t know why RAM is having issues with projecting and being able to produce options and packages. But they are not alone. I have seen lots filled with new Fords waiting for “parts”, some as basic as name plates. I’ve heard that Chevy/GMC’s sat in fields for so long that they were written off and salvaged.
I know this didn’t really address the earlier post of changed orders, and for you guy’s I feel sorry. I don’t have a crystal ball nor an answer. But I do think all the manufacturers are struggling to produce what they sell. I guess in a perfect world there would be quotas based upon parts on hand. Once’s these sales quotas were met, then the ordering window would close until the on hand supplies were replenished.

Sorry for the ramble, I hope we all have a Happy and Safe Holiday!

Last edited:

Uhlaner

Reaction score
Happy Holidays all!
Another day another update!

3e01667393794dd75c5444c82e795a28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkacz123

Reaction score
That hood looks really good on a black truck!
Been hearing a lot of talk from people not liking the rear vents. I came to the conclusion that if they were body colored it would look much better. Which is why it looks so good on black.

Uhlaner

Reaction score
Thank you, I agree. The question is…how long until it gets delivered???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RossWatkins

Cranky
Reaction score
My order was confirmed on 9/20, and no movement since. Not that I'm counting, but that's over 13 weeks, 25% of 2022, 92 days, 2200 hours, 132,850 minutes, or almost 8 million seconds! I'm starting to think it doesn't matter how many times a day I fanatically check the tracker. It's just not speeding the process up any. :)
Agree, its frustrating at best. Particularly when you see vehicles ordered after yours in production or built.

Greg10yes

Reaction score
Granger said, "I got the request submitted and we will likely see this change/ price reduction in a couple of days or after the holiday." They had previously told me "if we do not delete this proir to 1/6 they will automatically do it".
When I ordered my Limited there wasn’t even an option to buy the camera for the digital rear view mirror, I just assumed i could buy it via parts department later, will be pissed if it isn’t wired up and ready for it.

I understand they are having parts issues, we are having it were I work also, the difference being is Ram is peddling/advertising this technology and it doesn’t exist. Their documentation is embarrassing, they give zero answers, or they blow sunshine up where the sun doesn’t shine hoping the person accepts it.

Ram, put your big boy pants on and be honest with us. If there are particular options causing it, tell us the truth and an anticipated ETA. If you have NFC when the parts will be available, take the options off the website. And mostly fire the person responsible for shipping trucks out of Mexico, reading about people whose trucks were built in June/July of last year and they still haven’t seen them, the person responsible for that is not doing their job, fix it.

I ordered my truck in October, still hasn’t moved even though a lot of other ones (Limited or Longhorns) have, not sure I understand why, maybe Ram reads this site and the people that comment, get put to the back of the bus. But Ram, you accepted an order, that should be a contract, build the dang truck as you agreed to or don’t accept the orders.

I an now done ranting for a while, and my truck probably just got moved into 2024.

Merry Christmas everyone.

jsalbre

Reaction score
When I ordered my Limited there wasn’t even an option to buy the camera for the digital rear view mirror, I just assumed i could buy it via parts department later, will be pissed if it isn’t wired up and ready for it.

I understand they are having parts issues, we are having it were I work also, the difference being is Ram is peddling/advertising this technology and it doesn’t exist. Their documentation is embarrassing, they give zero answers, or they blow sunshine up where the sun doesn’t shine hoping the person accepts it.

Ram, put your big boy pants on and be honest with us. If there are particular options causing it, tell us the truth and an anticipated ETA. If you have NFC when the parts will be available, take the options off the website. And mostly fire the person responsible for shipping trucks out of Mexico, reading about people whose trucks were built in June/July of last year and they still haven’t seen them, the person responsible for that is not doing their job, fix it.

I ordered my truck in October, still hasn’t moved even though a lot of other ones (Limited or Longhorns) have, not sure I understand why, maybe Ram reads this site and the people that comment, get put to the back of the bus. But Ram, you accepted an order, that should be a contract, build the dang truck as you agreed to or don’t accept the orders.

I an now done ranting for a while, and my truck probably just got moved into 2024.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Hard to argue with any of those points. Unfortunately, until it hurts their bottom line they have no real motivation to fix anything. If they could build twice as many trucks as they are now they'd still sell every one of them without a problem. Us special order people are such a small drop in the bucket we barely even register.

Lst1504

Reaction score
Hard to argue with any of those points. Unfortunately, until it hurts their bottom line they have no real motivation to fix anything. If they could build twice as many trucks as they are now they'd still sell every one of them without a problem. Us special order people are such a small drop in the bucket we barely even register.
Just from STELLANTIS corporate releases they seem to be concentrating on south America market more than US

Tlgdiesel

Reaction score
I was just looking at the Canadian ram builder, and all the Laramie trim levels list the 12” digital cluster. They also list all 3 Laramie trim levels 1 or A66, 2 or A67, and F or A97

Last edited:

Greg10yes

Reaction score

Take a look at the 2022 vs 23 order lists looking at serial numbers. As of the end of December last year Ram sold 140,000 HD trucks, this year as of the last VIN number on the list Ram has sold 55,000 HD trucks. This might start hitting their bottom line.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Take a look at the 2022 vs 23 order lists looking at serial numbers. As of the end of December last year Ram sold 140,000 HD trucks, this year as of the last VIN number on the list Ram has sold 55,000 HD trucks. This might start hitting their bottom line.
Demand is definitely down. My dealer recently got a bunch of 21s that were either rentals or lease turn ins. They are all optioned about the same and have similar miles. They have been sitting for weeks along with a couple of 22s. For the past couple of years, any 2500 that hit the lot was gone within the week and was listed at 5k over MSRP. They have since dropped that BS.

CortexM0

Reaction score
What dose f all include
If you're referring to "f it all", I'll let you look that one up on urban dictionary. If you're talking about the level f equipment group, there have been a few people here who have ordered level 2 on their Laramie but had their order switched to F. They reported the only difference between the two was the removal of the 12" digital instrument cluster. I have no idea if this is correct for the Canadian trim levels mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread