Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
Just wrapped a week on the trail. I can confirm the Power Wagon fits on all of the Rim Rocker trail. However you’ll definitely end up with some striping from the scrub oak on the Moab side. Only saw a couple SXS. Ran it from Montrose. On the Utah side past Buckeye they were shooting a movie. Crazy how much gear and people they hauled up there and the first people we saw for the week along the route.

2993FB7D-D7DF-4F72-B8D1-D74F555C6F70.jpeg2993FB7D-D7DF-4F72-B8D1-D74F555C6F70.jpeg

Last edited:

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Just wrapped a week on the trail. I can confirm the Power Wagon fits on all of the Rim Rocker trail. However you’ll definitely end up with some striping from the scrub oak on the Moab side. Only saw a couple SXS. Ran it from Montrose. On the Utah side past Buckeye they were shooting a movie. Crazy how much gear and people they hauled up there and the first people we saw for the week along the route.

View attachment 45975View attachment 45974
How'd the PW do on fuel? Last time I ran the trail with my old Toyota we only got about 3/4 of the way before we had to ditch because low fuel started to be a concern.

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
How'd the PW do on fuel? Last time I ran the trail with my old Toyota we only got about 3/4 of the way before we had to ditch because low fuel started to be a concern.
If I recall, topped off in Montrose, then at ACE in Nucla 1/2 tank left. From Nucla to Moab had a 1/2 tank left. MPG while on the trial was hovering right around 10.

jwindstein

Reaction score
I'd say he just removed the bed and put a utility bed meant for a chassis cab truck on there. Don't really see what's so special about that.
You never know what someone did to modify or make it work well for their application. ITs a cool build and caught my attention. IF it was direct replacement, I'd be really interested in something similar.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I'd say he just removed the bed and put a utility bed meant for a chassis cab truck on there. Don't really see what's so special about that.
It looks to be just a utility bed yeah, but it looks great and I think a bunch of us would be curious why he did what he did, and what else he may have done with the bed or rest of the truck.

Xflight29

Reaction score
What's your issue? Service body trucks came out way before Cab and Chassis. do your homework prior to saying **** you have known idea of. And by the way its referred to as Cab and Chassis

Last edited:

Xflight29

Reaction score
why do you say hurt feelings? no hurt feelings here whatsoever. Not my truck.

DrTron

Reaction score
What's your issue? Service body trucks came out way before Cab and Chassis. do your homework prior to saying **** you have known idea of. And by the way its referred to as Cab and Chassis
Who said I have an issue with it? It just doesn't seem to be all that special, that's all. I see these kinds of trucks all the time, normally not on a PW basis, but still.
And even RAM calls them Chassis Cabs.

TrailWhale

Reaction score
Back to the pictures..

7783bad6ebffe575308748b69130cc45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HW285PW

Reaction score
Now that is awesome! Can you share some details of the build?
Thank you! I appreciate it.
So there’s not much that’s too special about it. It’s just a 2020 peasant package PW.
The only things I’ve really done to it is a different winch line once I broke the Warn line and 35” Duratracs instead of the 33’s.

I swapped the flatbed onto it because I damaged my factory bed to the point where it was just time to fix it or replace it and since I use my truck everyday and work out of it and spend 90% of its time off-road, a flatbed made more sense than paying to fix the factory bed. I use it as a shop on wheels for fixing our equipment and alot of times machines will break where the majority of trucks won’t normally go and I use it as a toy on the weekends.

The flatbed is just a Norstar ST skirted model, I added the two side boxes and I had the drag tank/tool box in the factory bed of this truck.
The side boards I built out of my old RB20 running boards after I crinkled them on a trail.
The flatbed allowed much more storage and organization than the factory bed as well as about 2” of gained ground clearance.

Future parts that are ordered and I’m waiting on are Fox 2.5’s, Ranch Hand replacement bumper, Sliders that I am building and airbags will be delivered tomorrow.
I threw a set of Timbrens on with my factory bed but the weight of the flatbed, a set of bags will be much more versatile.

D6B5D167-3F68-4275-87EC-44028F2AAE86.jpeg
564AC7E1-9BC4-4BE1-A678-66799539AE88.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread