Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

22limited

Reaction score
Hey 22, does this connect to the camera or the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20’ one for the camper
3’ one for the truck because I moved the plug from the bumper to inside the bed

gator6

Reaction score
20’ one for the camper

I may run out of time for the “bumper to bed” mod. Maybe, I’m not fully understanding the response…which end does this connect into? The truck side has that dual blue seal set up while the camera side has the plastic connector.

It looks like it connects to the camera side. Wondering if it’s worth putting this off to another day.

22limited

Reaction score
I may run out of time for the “bumper to bed” mod. Maybe, I’m not fully understanding the response…which end does this connect into? The truck side has that dual blue seal set up while the camera side has the plastic connector.

It looks like it connects to the camera side. Wondering if it’s worth putting this off to another day.

Sorry
Yes camera side

owdiss78

Reaction score
Will be taking deliver of my ordered limited tomorrow and I do not want the trailer camera kit. I just don’t feel like mounting on my very nice Montana fifth wheel. I tried to get dealer to Keep them since they the ones who made mistake and ordered them. so any idea how much to sell for or what they worth?

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
If I can figure out how to PM you I’d be interested if you’re talking about the tow camera (coax connection) not the cameras for the 12 pin

gator6

Reaction score
Will be taking deliver of my ordered limited tomorrow and I do not want the trailer camera kit. I just don’t feel like mounting on my very nice Montana fifth wheel. I tried to get dealer to Keep them since they the ones who made mistake and ordered them. so any idea how much to sell for or what they worth?

The kit is listed at $995 when building. I have no clue what it’s worth sold aftermarket. I’m not sure if that price includes any parts on the truck.

I should have my setup done before next week if you want to see how it all goes together. It will take some work, that’s the only downside…of course if it were easy everyone would do it.

owdiss78

Reaction score
The kit is listed at $995 when building. I have no clue what it’s worth sold aftermarket. I’m not sure if that price includes any parts on the truck.

I should have my setup done before next week if you want to see how it all goes together. It will take some work, that’s the only downside…of course if it were easy everyone would do it.

Idk if it does or not but the trucks I’ve found that don’t have the cameras but have the plug on bumper so I’m guessing the cameras and wiring are most of the $995. Yes I’d like to see how it all goes installed

gator6

Reaction score
Idk if it does or not but the trucks I’ve found that don’t have the cameras but have the plug on bumper so I’m guessing the cameras and wiring are most of the $995. Yes I’d like to see how it all goes installed

Spitballing here, but… when we open the doors on any truck with surround it “blacks out” that door from the overhead image. I’m thinking the forward mounted camera may do the same if not installed.

I’m going to play around with it to see what I can get neatly installed. The cameras have to be mounted at the same height, and I believe that is user specified when setting up in-cab on the Uconnect display. The problem I run into is the toy hauler’s ramp dictation a high location unless I want to go deep into it and mount on the ramp, but I don’t see a way to cleanly install without disassembling the ramp.

That’s why I’m looking at top mount for the cameras, just going to have to play around with the nose camera. Want it to be practical, yet not goofy.

1e120b7fae9649fdf97aa39b469026e2.jpg

I’ll let you know what I come up with.

de1212

Reaction score
Gents,

A question about the Mopar Camera that comes in these kits (82216068AD):

What are the camera's specifications??? Specifically:
- What is the resolution? (1080P HD? Less?)
- What is the field of view? (90? 120? more?)
- Does it have night mode/night vision?

I cannot find this information anywhere, nor have I seen this info in other posts or forums.

Thank you, DE

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

I believe the digital mirror/camera package is $995.

The tow mode camera add-on alone is $445. This is for trucks with the digital mirror already included in a package.

The surround kit is $995. Truck wiring is baked into a package or XFQ which is $295 IIRC.

The surround kits have been selling (quickly) in the buy/sell/trade forum for around $700.

SidneyMafia

Reaction score
Hey 22, does this connect to the camera or the truck? I guess I’ll find out, I just ordered the 20’ for the Fuzion. Trying to at least get the camera mounted so I can get something accomplished today.

I thought about routing along the underbelly, but there is no great, clean way to do that. My best course is to route along the top and come down beside a slide, then underneath.

5b5527dabe537a6d25b0c2e715b17067.jpg

98a4468dc5654016f987feb1c99279aa.jpg

fa5ca0d84e2be6957382fa9331e173ab.jpg
This rig is beautiful. wow

owdiss78

Reaction score
I believe the digital mirror/camera package is $995.

The tow mode camera add-on alone is $445. This is for trucks with the digital mirror already included in a package.

The surround kit is $995. Truck wiring is baked into a package or XFQ which is $295 IIRC.

The surround kits have been selling (quickly) in the buy/sell/trade forum for around $700.

My surround kit will be going up for sale soon as I get pics and put it on the for sale section of the forum. These were dealer mistakes on mine no idea how they ordered them we never even talked about the darn things. But I’d love to see pics of people who can actually instal them to see how it all looks.

gator6

Reaction score
20’ one for the camper

I’m wondering if I got a bad cable, it’s not working. Is this what you got? Maybe unspool it?
86b7d78bb118e2f3a9cf8d2138b61a9b.jpg

22limited

Reaction score
I’m wondering if I got a bad cable, it’s not working. Is this what you got? Maybe unspool it?
86b7d78bb118e2f3a9cf8d2138b61a9b.jpg

I don’t have the package but the cable looks like the one I got and it worked for me

gator6

Reaction score
I don’t have the package but the cable looks like the one I got and it worked for me

Yeah, I fiddled with it and got intermittent video, but nothing I could pinpoint. I’m going to order a shorter one and see if that helps.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I fiddled with it and got intermittent video, but nothing I could pinpoint. I’m going to order a shorter one and see if that helps.

Does it work on it's own (instead of adding it)?

gator6

Reaction score
Does it work on it's own (instead of adding it)?

Yes, the Mopar parts work fine. I think I just got a bad cable. The mirror would “flicker” between truck and trailer cam, and I’d get a notification on the 7” that the mirror had disconnected.

I ordered a shorter 6.5’ cable to try. Funny, but the 360° cameras have super long cables (except for the front cam). I had no trouble getting those planned out.

Users who are viewing this thread