Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Ordered mine today :D

3500 HO Longhorn Mega Cab DRW. Got pretty much everything except the power sunroof as I could feel my hair touching the roof bump at all time. Annoying af. Too bad, but I can certainly live without it anyway.

I was torn between getting the Limited and the Longhorn. But after seeing the Cattle tan/Black finish of the Longhorn in person I was sold. What a beautiful interior.

Now starts the waiting game!
That interior is what I am leaning towards. What exterior color?

MikeXM

Reaction score
That interior is what I am leaning towards. What exterior color?
I debated this to no ends... I just can't pick a color that I'll love for more than a short while. So black it is. With matching bumpers and chome hooks lol

Last edited:

mlink

Reaction score
Good News... I just ordered my 2020 RAM 3500 Limited Crew Cab LB DRW at the dealer this AM because the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System (XG9) was actually on the dealer's build site for ordering!!!
Neither the XFQ (Aux Camera Wiring) or XG9 (above) options are on the web builder - but they are available to order at the dealer! Finally...

Thanks to 1FastHemi for discovering this yesterday and posting his build sheet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got word that my truck was built yesterday (03/03) and is in Status: I (Inspection).

Also, the Build Sheet finally appeared and it shows it was built with TTPMS (XG9) and Aux Camera Wiring (XFQ) above. Also has the 50 gal tank (NFC) and Max Tow (AJL) - so it has the larger rear brakes, 12" dually rear axle, Air Suspension, etc. So it looks like all the options are finally in stock for ordering.

Hoping it will be here in CT on 04/01.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got word that my truck was built yesterday (03/03) and is in Status: I (Inspection).

Also, the Build Sheet finally appeared and it shows it was built with TTPMS (XG9) and Aux Camera Wiring (XFQ) above. Also has the 50 gal tank (NFC) and Max Tow (AJL) - so it has the larger rear brakes, 12" dually rear axle, Air Suspension, etc. So it looks like all the options are finally in stock for ordering.

It's my understanding all the SRW HO and all DRW have the 12" rear. DRW has slightly larger brakes in the rear.

jsalbre

Reaction score

Great news! Now we just need someone to find the part number for that TTPMS module.

@JC

Reaction score
Well, KZT (2nd rail departure, which is supposed to be it's final rail leg) still as of today, was estimated to be at final rail arrival yesterday or today so hopefully it hits that soon and then the final truck delivery to dealer (about 200 miles) is fairly quick.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
My 2500 Laramie Hemi arrived at the dealer this morning. Ordered 01/16/2020. We are in the middle of 3 days of rain so I told them would pick it up Friday.

cobradvm

Reaction score
My 2500 Laramie Hemi arrived at the dealer this morning. Ordered 01/16/2020. We are in the middle of 3 days of rain so I told them would pick it up Friday.

Ordered my Laramie Longhorn on January 7th, and they still have no clue when it will arrive at the dealer (Dennis Dillon). I've ordered BMWs from the factory in Munich which requires shipping across the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal, and up to LA, before getting on a truck up to the Seattle area where I was living at the time - the stupid Ram truck from Mexico is going to take longer than that!

depot44

Reaction score
Ordered my Laramie Longhorn on January 7th, and they still have no clue when it will arrive at the deale

I also ordered a Laramie Longhorn, also on January 7th. The dealer ETA has been moved 3 times already - starting with 2/10-2/24, then 3/2-3/16, and now 3/16-3/30. Sticker was available on 1/27, but things have moved slowly after that.

traildude

Reaction score
I ordered my 2500 Laramie w/air suspension on 1/9 & it arrived yesterday at Cheboygan Michigan at the top of the mitten. And that’s after it sat at Detroit Axel for 2 weeks after finishing it’s last train ride. I can’t complain, making the 160 mile trip to pick it up in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerryw1000

Reaction score
My only problem was that I was in too big a hurry when I picked my options and, in out of stupidity and confusion, paid almost $500 or two options that I did not need.

One was the "Backup Alarm" which I thought was the "too close to something" alarm with the rear view camera. Turns out that option is the garbage truck beeper. Luckily I found where to turn that dumb thing off. Who wants a $67,000 truck that sounds like a garbage truck.?

The second was the Upfitter Module VSIM which I confused as being part of the upfitter AUX Switches. So I got both. :)

Anyway...so far I love the truck...even with the extra stuff. Got my toolbox mounted, the garbage truck beeper turned off, and found the fuse swap to make the 12V outlet work with the ignition switch instead of being on all of the time. Now all I have left to do is find a place to run a power wire for my CB radio from the cabin to the AUX Switch connections under the hood.

geektoad

Reaction score
Ordered my 3500 Laramie DRW 2/12, got my VIN 2/21 and my build sheet showed up online today. yay!

cobradvm

Reaction score
Just found out yesterday that my truck arrived at the dealer on March 6th (ordered Jan 7th). Going to pick it up on Sunday - I'll post pics once I get it.

Should be fun!

thestuarts

Reaction score
It's my understanding all the SRW HO and all DRW have the 12" rear. DRW has slightly larger brakes in the rear.

I can't find the post at the moment, but a hdrams member measured the rear brakes on their SRW HO and determined they are the same size as the "max towing" brakes on the DRW. So, it appears all HO trucks get the larger rear brakes even without the "max tow" package.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I can't find the post at the moment, but a hdrams member measured the rear brakes on their SRW HO and determined they are the same size as the "max towing" brakes on the DRW. So, it appears all HO trucks get the larger rear brakes even without the "max tow" package.

I am replying to my own comment because I can't find evidence the SRW HO has the larger 365 mm brake rotors that come with the "max tow" package.

Rod Romain states in this video that the larger 365 mm brake rotors come with the max tow package.

carlrx7

Reaction score
I am replying to my own comment because I can't find evidence the SRW HO has the larger 365 mm brake rotors that come with the "max tow" package.

Rod Romain states in this video that the larger 365 mm brake rotors come with the max tow package.

Perhaps a call to the parts department can confirm or someone with / without go measure their rotors?

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I see allot of talk about the larger rear brakes on 3500 with max tow pkg. I've not really seen any specific ram Info that states this. I specd my build out with no max tow but I did them separately ( 410, air susp,tow prep, 14 k, drw, aisin). I don't need the triangles an flares an I didn't want to finance a $1500 fiver hitch, so I just paid cash for that an got it for $1240. Does this mean because I didn't select (max tow pkg) that i won't have the big brakes. I would think the bigger brakes would be standard when you select the NO version with aisin pkg , any comments

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
also got all the other goodies like, tow tech and all cameras an safety pkg

Users who are viewing this thread