Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

Rampingup

Reaction score
This is for the 12 pin connector.Surround view.
So is mine. I wonder why 2 different parts numbers. Possibly different trim levels have different part numbers? Not logical but who knows.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Yours being a C might be updated for some reason over the B I am showing?

Rampingup

Reaction score
Not sure. I didn't get this with the truck. It is still waiting to be delivered to dealer. I purchased this off another forum member. Hope I didn't put the cart in front of the horse.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Got me wondering too! Will try to find out more tomorrow

Rampingup

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Enjoy the game if that is on your agenda. ;)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You all will have better results discussing camera options in the dedicated 2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options thread that was split out here last year...

ACEd

Reaction score
You all will have better results discussing camera options in the dedicated 2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options thread that was split out here last year...

I thought that was the thread we were on - is there another thread I should be following too?

Rampingup

Reaction score

Thanks Brutal, I've been trying to follow on the correct thread, but this old mind can get crossways every once in a while. It is just sad that "once in a while" seems to come on the hour, every hour.:oops:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
XN1- Trailer Surround view system- $995.
This is a standalone option, but you must have a package that includes regular truck surround view, and you must have a Uconnect 5 radio. The kit that comes delivered with the truck will have 4 digital cameras, a central vision processing module (CVPM), coax cables to connect the cameras to the CVPM, and the main sections of harness that carry the CVPM’s power, ground, canbus IHS hi/lo, and video output signal (3 wires) to the truck via the 12-pin connector. It is described as “to be installed by the dealer”, and I don’t see any instructions for the kit, so curious to see some that gets this post up the instructions that should be included. I’m sure it involves mounting the cameras on the 4 sides within a certain height range of each other, and calibrating the cameras to the CVPM using fixed points they are looking at.

XFQ- Mopar trailer camera wiring with no camera- $515 ($695 on some build tool sites).
This is the Aux 1&2 trailer camera wiring prep for the truck only, which preps the truck with the 12/7-pin trailer connectors. The kit that has the wiring for the trailer, that plugs into the 12-way truck connector, and one analog camera, is sold separately. A second camera is available separately from that kit. These are just observation cameras that can be mounted anywhere, and you can toggle between the two via the Aux 1&2 camera soft keys on the radio screen.

All the build sites will let you select both XFQ and XN1, but if you have both, it is only possible to use one Aux camera. This is because one of the two aux cameras uses the same video input on the radio as the CVPM for the trailer surround view uses.
Like this one?

Attachments

• 20220210_121909.jpg
    20220210_121909.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220210_121927.jpg
    20220210_121927.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 34

kkerley

Reaction score
So got the B&W Turnover installed and then started looking at bed wiring with Ramboxes. I can't find a flat spot large enough for the mounting plate to sit flush, so other options...The plastic cover panel at the rear of the bed which has the two mounting points for the bed extender. I don't plan on using a bed extender, the plastic piece if damaged will be much easier (cheaper) to replace if damaged or mangled. The plastic is of the same thickness of the plastic mounting plate for the 12/7 pin connector, so preliminary plan is to place it between the two mounting points. I will cut out the plastic to the same dimensions as the bumper mount which should allow the 12/7 pin connector to click into place. Behind the plastic piece there is some metal which will need to be cut away to facilitate the wires to pass through. If this is successful I will plan to do the same thing if the tow mode camera connector, it does appear there should be enough slack in that wiring harness to move to this location. The wiring harness, 68525632AA, has a connector for the 7 pin which I am unable to locate, so I am going to use a curt 7 pin extender #56070 to move the 7 pin to the bed and retain the function of the bumper 7 pin. The wiring harness, 68525632AA, will only be used for the 12 pin camera connector portion. None of this has been done yet but that is the direction I am headed once all pieces are acquired. Pictures attached show the 12/7 pin connector placed in the approximate location on the plastic piece mentioned. The red outline would be the placement of the 12/7 pin and the green outline the placement of the tow mode camera connector.

Attachments

• IMG_9103.jpeg
    IMG_9103.jpeg
    450.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9104.jpeg
    IMG_9104.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 54

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Only difference I can see is my kit has the truckside connector which my truck came with from the factory.

Rampingup

Reaction score
That makes sense. I dropped the 5th wheel prep so it wouldn't be there.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Only difference I can see is my kit has the truckside connector which my truck came with from the factory.
Are you sure it’s a truck side connector, or is it the docking station plate for the 12-way plug for when it’s not in use?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Are you sure it’s a truck side connector, or is it the docking station plate for the 12-way plug for when it’s not in use?
You are correct, docking station once I looked at the kit

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I see both part number kits floating around on eBay. Curious if one kit has the 12-way plug populated with 7 pins, and the other kit’s 12-way plug populated with 10 pins…
The one I have here is 7 pins, 82216421AB

Rampingup

Reaction score
well the mystery continues, I've got 7 pins part #68527709AC. It makes me wonder for the tow camera if there isn't another part # for it also. The one I've been chasing is 68527599AA

kkerley

Reaction score
So wanted to see if it would work, so its not all pretty and in finished shape but cut out the shapes for the 12/7pin and tow mode camera connectors in the plastic pillar at the rear of the bed. Located cables for the 12 pin camera system and went up though the round hole in the base of the taillight compartment. Then detached the tow mode camera wire, removed its zip tie connection back to the bundle it joins and snaked it around through the same hole. Cut out the sheet metal behind to allow the plugs to sit flush and the wires to pass through, even let the kiddo cut some with the air saw. Here's the one part I didn't account for, with the locations I placed them it removed both of the tack welds for the lower mount/hole that retains the plastic push retainer, maybe if I went lower with the tow mode camera connector it may be retained, but you can't go higher, there is not enough slack in the wire to go any higher and still reach the connector. So plan is to glue the plastic push retainer in place and put two screws towards the bottom of the plastic pillar to keep it tight to the sheet metal. And of course to clean up those cuts in the sheet metal. Still waiting on the 7 pin pigtail to route up there, supposed to be here today but looks like it will be tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_9111.jpeg
    IMG_9111.jpeg
    511.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9112.jpeg
    IMG_9112.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9117.jpeg
    IMG_9117.jpeg
    706.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9119.jpeg
    IMG_9119.jpeg