Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

sstoner911

Reaction score
There is a link to one in the AlphaOBD thread under the modifications forum or the ALPHAOBD website.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a link to one in the AlphaOBD thread under the modifications forum or the ALPHAOBD website.

I prefer the AlfaOBD thread or AlfaOBD website.

;)

TLITT6981

Reaction score
So I went through all the threads on alfaobd and was curious if anyone had updated a list for 2022 2500. Looks like the previous confirmed changes list was from 2020, just curious if there’s been any new tricks found? Currently waiting on bypass cable to start playing with mine.

owdiss78

Reaction score
So I went through all the threads on alfaobd and was curious if anyone had updated a list for 2022 2500. Looks like the previous confirmed changes list was from 2020, just curious if there’s been any new tricks found? Currently waiting on bypass cable to start playing with mine.

I am not having any luck even with the bypass cable to get into make any changes. I’m searching trying to find things I can change as in fog lights on with high beams and seatbelt alarm

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I am not having any luck even with the bypass cable to get into make any changes. I’m searching trying to find things I can change as in fog lights on with high beams and seatbelt alarm
Do you have the bypass cable in correctly? I had mine swapped once and coukdnt get in, even though I swear I had it in correctly.

TLITT6981

Reaction score
I was wondering about this when I ordered everything, my cable and Mx+ should be here this week I will give it a try and report back.

TxRam

Reaction score
I don't see why any of it wouldn't work, so long as you do supporting mods. I tried tilt in reverse mirrors, but you need the memory seat and mirror module for it to work. It's not something I need bad enough to add modules for, but if I added the modules, it should work.

I added remote start, got a dedicated button for my front camera, and turned on the option for my mirror blinkers to be running lights.

Try something out, see if it works. If it doesn't work immediately, have no fear. Sometimes it takes a few key cycles to work. Of course, it might just not work at all because you don't have the right physical setup.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see why any of it wouldn't work, so long as you do supporting mods. I tried tilt in reverse mirrors, but you need the memory seat and mirror module for it to work. It's not something I need bad enough to add modules for, but if I added the modules, it should work.

I added remote start, got a dedicated button for my front camera, and turned on the option for my mirror blinkers to be running lights.

Try something out, see if it works. If it doesn't work immediately, have no fear. Sometimes it takes a few key cycles to work. Of course, it might just not work at all because you don't have the right physical setup.

You don't have any info in your sig, do you have a 2500 or 3500?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

You don’t need memory seats or the memory seat module for tilt in reverse to work, you just need memory mirrors.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
It works on my scan tool but will not let me with alfaobd
What exactly are you experiencing with AlfaOBD, or, what won’t it let you do- not connecting to the body computer at all, not responding when making a change in car configuration change, etc? What message pops up when whatever you are doing doesn’t work?

TxRam

Reaction score
You don’t need memory seats or the memory seat module for tilt in reverse to work, you just need memory mirrors.
From what I read, the memory seat module is also the memory mirror module. My mirrors have every option but memory, and just turning the options on did nothing for me.

owdiss78

Reaction score
What exactly are you experiencing with AlfaOBD, or, what won’t it let you do- not connecting to the body computer at all, not responding when making a change in car configuration change, etc? What message pops up when whatever you are doing doesn’t work?

It will fail to connect. Once I thought I had it connected tried to do something with seatbelt and it won’t let me I will have to try and take a pic of the message. If I use same tablet I can use the diagnostic part no problem

Also all I want to do is turn in high beams with fog lights and get rid of seat belt but so far it’s a no go for seatbelt and I can’t find the fog lights been long time since I did that on my 2015 ram

Jimmy07

Reaction score
From what I read, the memory seat module is also the memory mirror module. My mirrors have every option but memory, and just turning the options on did nothing for me.
Nope, memory seat module not needed, just memory mirrors. I currently have 2021 memory mirrors with cameras fully loaded on my 2017, no memory seat module, and tilt in reverse works. Same for everyone else that has swapped in memory mirrors without MSM.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
It will fail to connect. Once I thought I had it connected tried to do something with seatbelt and it won’t let me I will have to try and take a pic of the message. If I use same tablet I can use the diagnostic part no problem
Windows version? What OBD interface? Sounds more like an issue between AlfaOBD and the interface.

Jimmy07

Reaction score

Also all I want to do is turn in high beams with fog lights and get rid of seat belt but so far it’s a no go for seatbelt and I can’t find the fog lights been long time since I did that on my 2015 ram
…and, the seatbelt chime doesn’t work with AlfaOBD, if that’s what you are trying to do. That procedure will fail.

Users who are viewing this thread