Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

bradleyr001

Reaction score
Oh man. Now my ocd is kicking in. I’ll spend half the day out there tomorrow staring at it.
Sorry brother... It does look sharp. The lines of the cap match the lines of the cab and truck overall, sharp looking set up... but that paint...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tolym

Reaction score
Looks great! What's the details on the tires & wheels?

Thank you sir.
Wheels are XD 847 Outbreak 20x9 with 0 offset.
Tires are Nitto Terra G2 35-11.5x20.
Suspension is all stock. It’s got Ram Air Suspension so it’s already pretty level.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. Picked up on 12/23. Best Christmas present ever)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
How is the wind noise on the in channel style? On the stick on AVS ones, the fronts add wind noise. There are several reviews on Amazon stating this as well. I'm going to remove mine. It's annoying as heck. My '06 had leaky door seals even after replacing and this is driving me nuts again. Was one of the things I wanted to get away from. I like being able to crack the windows to let out heat but prevent rain and any prying tools from getting in easily. Oh well...
I've only got 100 miles on the truck so can't give an accurate assessment. I had them on my 2014 and they were fine. But I immediately noticed that these ones slid into the channel very easily and on the 2014 it was super snug. I also did not have any issues getting the window to close right away with the '14 but this set was annoying to get seated properly. After I get some highway miles on I will let you know.

whitexc

Reaction score
I will add that my in channel AVS visors do seem to add a little wind noise. Sometimes I hear it and turn the radio up but it isn't a deal breaker. I mean some of the tires you guys run have to make waaay mire noise than what we are discussing here.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

Thedaran

Reaction score
The front windows were a PITA since the safety feature of the power window would kick in and lower the darn thing ... a lot. I had to lower the window all the way .... and then hit the auto up button while standing on the inside with the door open. Then quicklly flex the visor outwards with my right hand at the lower edge and with my left hand at the top corner so the window would clear the visor and wedge it in place. No issues with the rear windows.

That was yesterday afternoon and they have been left in the up position since. Hopefully they stick in place so the window will function properly. I'll report back after I test them out, but since it is cold here I'm gonna wait and give it time to set.
Please do. I would need to order some new ones for the front window since mine broke. My other option was the OEM mopar ones at nearly twice the price.

Nd79

Reaction score
View attachment 30010
MIne doesn't match. Ram changed the silver color. Shell is from my 2016 model. I'm ok with it. The money I saved by not buying a new color matched shell is better spent on beer.
I agree with your sentiment, toppers don't always need to match and money is better spent somewhere else.

Attachments

• PXL_20220114_200311682.jpg
    PXL_20220114_200311682.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 117

Aaandroger

Reaction score
Installed the decked system. I kept the rebel ramboxes and under seat storage filled. My powerwagon does not have the ramboxes, and it has the HK sound system. So, the passenger-side, under seat storage is filled with the stock subwoofer. I am excited to work through my load plan. Please excuse the picture quality.
IMG_20220115_102955.jpg
IMG_20220115_103008.jpg

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Thanks! True to find something that stood out a bit and also not overly used *cough* method nv *cough*

Full disclosure, I love the method nv wheels, not available when I was ordering wheels and tires. Same with the aev saltas I was looking into. Although that was inability to find tires that fit them in stock anywhere

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
Sorry to be that guy but can you tell me the exact specs of your wheel and tire setup? This is exactly what I want. I’ll probably stick with black wheels for my silver truck tho.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Finally finished the install for the diode dynamics ss2's. I had originally ordered a baja designs kit this past black Friday, but it was back ordered and these ended up being cheaper. Plus these have a back light option which I really am starting to like. I made rhe mounting brackets off of some scrap aluminum i had sitting around. Way cheaper then rhe $70 cjc wanted for theirs.

I didn't want to cut into the wiring of brand new truck, so I bought a curt gooseneck harness tha plugs in between the factory harness and 7way. I cut off 7ft of the curt wiring and put a 8pin deutsch connector on it. That's how the running lights and reverse get their power. It also gives me easy access to tap into the rest of the 7way wiring for any future projects.

Attachments

• 20220115_210623.jpg
    20220115_210623.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 20220115_172438.jpg
    20220115_172438.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 20220115_211108.jpg
    20220115_211108.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 181
  • 20220115_211135.jpg
    20220115_211135.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 181

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Should have done these the day I bought it but better late than never.

And just to be sure my fellow Ram enthusiast are safe: be careful if you use these in California, they are known to be harmful…………

Attachments

• 7696C096-BA31-4C22-8A40-A1381206B2B6.jpeg
    7696C096-BA31-4C22-8A40-A1381206B2B6.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 3D85373E-B2C2-49BB-8CCB-FE535FB46936.jpeg
    3D85373E-B2C2-49BB-8CCB-FE535FB46936.jpeg
    401.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 71E4A681-3172-4183-9D37-2C39730F3610.jpeg
    71E4A681-3172-4183-9D37-2C39730F3610.jpeg
    524 KB · Views: 165
  • F8B7A6EE-D8F7-4F81-9988-C5161B38C385.jpeg
    F8B7A6EE-D8F7-4F81-9988-C5161B38C385.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 170

kpecks

Reaction score
Finally finished the install for the diode dynamics ss2's. I had originally ordered a baja designs kit this past black Friday, but it was back ordered and these ended up being cheaper. Plus these have a back light option which I really am starting to like. I made rhe mounting brackets off of some scrap aluminum i had sitting around. Way cheaper then rhe $70 cjc wanted for theirs.

I didn't want to cut into the wiring of brand new truck, so I bought a curt gooseneck harness tha plugs in between the factory harness and 7way. I cut off 7ft of the curt wiring and put a 8pin deutsch connector on it. That's how the running lights and reverse get their power. It also gives me easy access to tap into the rest of the 7way wiring for any future projects.
Are these the flood, spot or combo lights? I’m digging the red backlight too! Might need to copy this setup.

Also, could you post a link to the harness you used?

Matt58

Reaction score
The weather finally cooperated enough to give her a bath! First one in 5 months, I think…
503e7e387b01ba1f53bdfbfd76029b3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern_yank

Reaction score
Sorry to be that guy but can you tell me the exact specs of your wheel and tire setup? This is exactly what I want. I’ll probably stick with black wheels for my silver truck tho.
Vision nemesis 111 in gun metal. 18x9 +18 with Toyo open country rt 37x12.5x18

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

Linked4door

Reaction score
Are these the flood, spot or combo lights? I’m digging the red backlight too! Might need to copy this setup.

Also, could you post a link to the harness you used?
They are rhe combo sports.

The one I used was actually a no name brand. I thought it was a curt, but when I went back through my Amazon orders it was this one. I bought it for my 2019 and sold that truck before I installed it.

To save some money you could get this one. Its way cheaper, but it will take lots more cutting and soldering than the other one since half of the wines are only a few inches long and have to be extended

I ended up also putting a 2 pin deutsch connector on the factory aux wiring pass through in the back of the truck so if I ever sell this truck I can move tbr parts over thr the next amd it will be plug and play. That long red wire in my pick is what goes to the aux switches, I cut it down to about 7" since I didn't realize the aux wiring was so close to the hitch. I wanted the lights to come on cia the reverse lights or via rhe zux switch.

This is what I used to tee the two lights into a single plug. That single 3 pin plug then goes to the 8pin connector from 7way harness. The 8th pin on the 7 way harness goes to the factory aux wiring which i also put a deutsch connector on.

You could save lots of money on deutsch connectors and just solder all thr wires together. I wanted the best possible seal on all the wiring and the ability to just unplug sections if I ever change or add lights.

rampulse

Reaction score
They are rhe combo sports.

The one I used was actually a no name brand. I thought it was a curt, but when I went back through my Amazon orders it was this one. I bought it for my 2019 and sold that truck before I installed it.

To save some money you could get this one. Its way cheaper, but it will take lots more cutting and soldering than the other one since half of the wines are only a few inches long and have to be extended

I ended up also putting a 2 pin deutsch connector on the factory aux wiring pass through in the back of the truck so if I ever sell this truck I can move tbr parts over thr the next amd it will be plug and play. That long red wire in my pick is what goes to the aux switches, I cut it down to about 7" since I didn't realize the aux wiring was so close to the hitch. I wanted the lights to come on cia the reverse lights or via rhe zux switch.

This is what I used to tee the two lights into a single plug. That single 3 pin plug then goes to the 8pin connector from 7way harness. The 8th pin on the 7 way harness goes to the factory aux wiring which i also put a deutsch connector on.

You could save lots of money on deutsch connectors and just solder all thr wires together. I wanted the best possible seal on all the wiring and the ability to just unplug sections if I ever change or add lights.

Looks great and very well thought out. Curious on the DD backlights? Are the red backlights on all the time or until you hit the AUX for the whites? Is it just a reverse thing? Do you have 1 AUX controlling everything? Sorry trying to figure out how those work in my head.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Looks great and very well thought out. Curious on the DD backlights? Are the red backlights on all the time or until you hit the AUX for the whites? Is it just a reverse thing? Do you have 1 AUX controlling everything? Sorry trying to figure out how those work in my head.
The back lights are wired into the running lights from the 7 way. So those are red at all times the running lights of the truck are on. As soon as the truck is put into reverse or aux 2, the red backlight goes away and they turn wite. I confirmed with DD that its ok to have power going to both thr backlight and main light at thr same time. They said they were designed this way and as soon as rhe wight light gets power, the backlight is disabled.

My aux one is reserved for a set of DD ditch lights that will have have backlights

PGHChris81

Reaction score
The back lights are wired into the running lights from the 7 way. So those are red at all times the running lights of the truck are on. As soon as the truck is put into reverse or aux 2, the red backlight goes away and they turn wite. I confirmed with DD that its ok to have power going to both thr backlight and main light at thr same time. They said they were designed this way and as soon as rhe wight light gets power, the backlight is disabled.

My aux one is reserved for a set of DD ditch lights that will have have backlights
Those look great. Do they also function as a brake light and get more intense as you apply the brakes?

Linked4door

Reaction score
Those look great. Do they also function as a brake light and get more intense as you apply the brakes?
Sadly no. Its only one brightness for thr red. Either on when the running lights are on with no change in brightness if wired into thr parking lights, or wired into the brake lights and off until the brakes are pressed and then on. They have a dead 4 pin on the connector, maybe one day they will add this feature. The red backlight does shut off as soon as the white lights are enabled by either the aux switch or when I put it into reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread