Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

1651Naismith

Reaction score
I had an OEM Ram mudflap on my truck.. but when i went to 37s, the thickness of the rubber caused problems with rubbing.

I ordered a set of mudflaps from a company called Rokblokz. They offer an XL version (1.5" wider) for lifted trucks, which i ordered.

Will post pictures when i get them installed.
I’ve got the RokBlokz and love them. Surprised they don’t get a bit more love here.

1954 M37

Reaction score
I had an OEM Ram mudflap on my truck.. but when i went to 37s, the thickness of the rubber caused problems with rubbing.

I ordered a set of mudflaps from a company called Rokblokz. They offer an XL version (1.5" wider) for lifted trucks, which i ordered.

Will post pictures when i get them installed.
I have the Rockblokz mudflaps on a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Good stuff.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I liked the looks and function of these Mopar rubber mudflaps when I viewed chet's photos at the top of page 12, so I ordered a set for my 2021 2500. I installed them with factory smooth fender flares. Three notes about the installation:

1. The kit comes with black-oxide coated fender washers for the front flaps (you can see them under the factory screws and the POM rivets in Chet's photos above). These are carbon steel washers, and they started rusting within a few weeks of installation. So I removed them (had to cut off the POM rivets), and replaced them with black-oxide coated stainless fender washers (McMaster-Carr 90377A147).

2. Since I had used all of the POM rivets that came with the flaps from Mopar, I tried using some of the POM rivets in the Harbor Freight installation tool kit (Pittsburgh 97757). Ugh. Half the time they wouldn't expand and seat on the backside of the hole before the plastic shaft broke off. The rivet tool works fine, but the rivets are less than impressive. So I substituted McMaster-Carr 90219A340, which came labeled as replacements for the OEM FCA, Ford, GM, etc. part numbers. These worked as intended.

3. The upper attachment point on the front flaps requires a hole to be drilled through the fender flare for a factory screw with captive washer, and through the lip of the steel fender. I was unwilling to drill through the fender, so I moved the hole outboard, through the fender flare only, and substituted a POM rivet for the specified screw. So far, so good. If you make this change, be sure to locate the hole to leave room for the POM rivet to expand in the cavity inside the flare.
I had to switch out the Plastic rivets for some 5/16 stainless screws as the rivets kept braking after a while

neophyteguy

Reaction score
I liked the looks and function of these Mopar rubber mudflaps when I viewed chet's photos at the top of page 12, so I ordered a set for my 2021 2500. I installed them with factory smooth fender flares. Three notes about the installation:

1. The kit comes with black-oxide coated fender washers for the front flaps (you can see them under the factory screws and the POM rivets in Chet's photos above). These are carbon steel washers, and they started rusting within a few weeks of installation. So I removed them (had to cut off the POM rivets), and replaced them with black-oxide coated stainless fender washers (McMaster-Carr 90377A147).

2. Since I had used all of the POM rivets that came with the flaps from Mopar, I tried using some of the POM rivets in the Harbor Freight installation tool kit (Pittsburgh 97757). Ugh. Half the time they wouldn't expand and seat on the backside of the hole before the plastic shaft broke off. The rivet tool works fine, but the rivets are less than impressive. So I substituted McMaster-Carr 90219A340, which came labeled as replacements for the OEM FCA, Ford, GM, etc. part numbers. These worked as intended.

3. The upper attachment point on the front flaps requires a hole to be drilled through the fender flare for a factory screw with captive washer, and through the lip of the steel fender. I was unwilling to drill through the fender, so I moved the hole outboard, through the fender flare only, and substituted a POM rivet for the specified screw. So far, so good. If you make this change, be sure to locate the hole to leave room for the POM rivet to expand in the cavity inside the flare.
Thanks for the great write up and the lead on the washers!

CharlieL

Reaction score
Just picked up a 4pc set of Husky flaps for $15 on Amazon Warehouse. Couldn’t believe it, we’ll see if that’s what actually shows up.

Says they have more…

Husky Liners - 58056 - Fits 2019-21 Ram 2500/3500 with OE Fender Flares (not Power Wagon) Custom Front and Rear Mud Guards, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084DVXQR5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ACMCCE372NH2K10YDNJB
I'd like to pick up a set of the Husky mud flaps for my 2022 2500. But, Husky's website says they don't fit a 2022. Now, maybe the site info isn't updated. Or, there is a difference between the 2021 and 2022 2500's so that they don't fit. Does anyone know if this is the case? Or would I be safe in getting a set that show fit for the 2019-2021 MYs?

Thanks..... Charlie

jadmt

Reaction score
I'd like to pick up a set of the Husky mud flaps for my 2022 2500. But, Husky's website says they don't fit a 2022. Now, maybe the site info isn't updated. Or, there is a difference between the 2021 and 2022 2500's so that they don't fit. Does anyone know if this is the case? Or would I be safe in getting a set that show fit for the 2019-2021 MYs?

Thanks..... Charlie
They are the same

diablo82

Reaction score
I just installed rokblokz XL on mine and liking it so far. Installation was absolutely a breeze with the right tool (a right angle for the back installation). I am pretty sure it's gonna rub a bit at the front with my +27mm 37s 12.5 setup but doesn't care really. It just mud flaps. 20211113_122213.jpg20211113_122054.jpg20211113_122027.jpg20211113_115358.jpg

Ridge69

Reaction score
Just bought and installed these 4 from Sharp truck, these are heavy, hopefully they stay on

Attachments

• 20211204_111539.jpg
    20211204_111539.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 75

mcspeed

Reaction score
You mudflap guys prolly know this, but backing up over curbs or in deeper soil the flap can get pinched between tire and object resulting in serious damage…….especially if you mounted really well. Tough way to remove fender from dually!

I don’t run mudflaps but if I did I would run leather LOL.
292149f3a3cf88008bd2caa3967f124d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridge69

Reaction score
Amazing they fit very good, fairly easy to install, rears I drilled from back so I didn't have to remove tires, front was easy, just turned them

jerogers

Reaction score
Anyone put any mud flaps on for 2500 with 4x4 package with 35x12.50 tires and (stock fender flares)? Did you have to drill new holes? Any issues with turning (full turn) on the front wheel catching the mud guard?
I placed the Husky Splash Guards ordered on Amazon and fit perfect with no drilling and do not rub with 35s. Nice clean look and catch the rocks from the off road tires from hitting what ever I am towing.

kennelpj

Reaction score
Anyone get the weathertech mudflaps that can tell me what size driver and or socket is needed to install on a 2500? Pick up my truck monday and want to install before the 1200 mile trip home! Need to make sure I bring the right tool. Thanks!

bigrobtemp

Reaction score
Anyone get the weathertech mudflaps that can tell me what size driver and or socket is needed to install on a 2500? Pick up my truck monday and want to install before the 1200 mile trip home! Need to make sure I bring the right tool. Thanks!
Should be an 8mm

Users who are viewing this thread