Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Reaction score
Not sure if the train can get to Canada. Covid. Train keeps not passing the Covid test even though it was vaccinated. At the southern border it just passed right through. Immigration from south to north is easy right now but from north to Canada, not happening. Either that or your truck went the sea route I previously described and is somewhere in the Baltic taking in the sights.
Hahaha that's the truth, maybe changing the rules again tmrw though..thinking I might send it to Seattle and book a ticket on the ferry from Seattle to vancouver island !!!! Heard you just shoot some horse dewormer in the tank and it passes any virus test .

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jock_E_Shift I dug this one up from the archives. How did you truck end up getting sorted out? How long did it take to get keys? Was there any other damage? Etc..

That one and whatever happened with the member who’s truck had been shot while in transit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
OK
My truck arrived in Baltimore September 26th, shortly after it was marked as KZ-OG damaged in shipping. After getting the runaround for almost 6 weeks I finally tracked it down at the Norfolk Southern Bayview auto storage depot and just showed up in person. They let me right in and the guys working there were super nice, sure enough my truck was there stuck on a railcar with 7 other trucks which had the key fobs stolen. They told me that its not uncommon to have that happen and it has been taking 2 months to get the key fobs and a technician to program them. There was also another rail car there with 4 trucks stuck on it.
! I’m gonna rant! Hey Stellantis! You have obviously got a problem with people stealing the key fobs or forgetting them at the factory in Mexico is more likely. I’ve been hearing the same thing for the last 6 months!
I also KNOW you haven’t found anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together. To me this means you couldn’t give a rats ass about your customers.
The cure! Get someone with 3 brain cells, go to the supermarket and get some baggies and some tape, label the keys with the trucks they go to, send the keys with the individual AND the trucks to the specific zones they go to and provide the keys to whomever needs them on the way.
I think with a little bit of thought this stupid problem can be rectified. Maybe fire the idiot that keeps forgetting to include the key fobs with the trucks.
End rant.

Last edited:

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
So my Delmonico Red beast is on a train, eta at dealer is 13 to 17th. I have a crapload of work to do this week, not only to get ready for the truck, but at the dang job that is gonna pay for it. And, my understanding is that once on the train, status updates up until arrival and seldom or never...

Is that gonna stop me from checking Ram Chat every day or two?

Ha. Not likely.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you get power adjusting spot mirrors on upper trim levels but don't quote me. I know both my 2015 and 2018 dually trucks with max tow are manual adjustment on the spot mirrors. Your truck is pretty similar to the one I'm waiting on but you have the Alpine. Mine was supposed to have it and it got missed on the checklist. Very disappointed. I'm surprised you didn't get the bed liner. Yes, the max tow package comes with a 5th wheel for some dumb reason but not the gooseneck and tie downs. I'd recommend the Mopar kit or the B&W kit for gooseneck. As for that stupid 5th wheel, I had one identical in my 2018 and sold it. It's made by Curt and it's an inferior product to the B&W 5th wheel (in my opinion). I fully intend to sell the one coming with this truck and buy a B&W.
Inferior in what way?

My Curt A25 is an awesome hitch. Buddy runs a Companion. They're both reliable and easy to hook and unhook.

FWIW. I've seen a pic of a B&W with the arms ripped off and it wasn't from an accident.

The only benefit I see in the B&W would be some fore/aft adjustability the Curt doesn't offer.

BcMac23

Reaction score
Tuxedo NY,( Orange County)
Gotcha, I'm outside of Binghamton, NY and mine shipped on 10/23, still waiting but should get it this week (waiting on a truck from the depot in Mechanicsville). Ended up with FFP pricing and some holdover money, got 13% off MSRP.

scrambler1000

Reaction score
Gotcha, I'm outside of Binghamton, NY and mine shipped on 10/23, still waiting but should get it this week (waiting on a truck from the depot in Mechanicsville). Ended up with FFP pricing and some holdover money, got 13% off MSRP.
Great price. Who do you buy your truck from?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I just posted pics from yesterday, finally got the truck home. I do have some things to share that I learned. I’m a dually newbie, The good, I found while lowering air pressures, my inner dual has a valve stem extension and it’s capless-awesome. The not so good, I thought both mirrors were power, I don’t think so as there’s only fold and adjustment buttons. No mirror button to toggle between main and blind spot mirrors. Are blind spot manual? And another thing, I ordered max tow and see I have the fifth wheel 30k hitch in the bed but what about my gooseneck prep kit? The ball and two tie downs in a case are not included? I may convert the other trailer to gooseneck and sell this hitch. Other than those things which I mention only for fyi, this HO dually is a hotrod tow truck beast! The remote start and heated seats are nice too lol.

Bighorn CCLB drw Level B package HO, Alpine, Cold weather group, Sport, six switches, U5 w NAV, 50 gal, and yeah rubber floor mats. Sticker is 78, got it for 73 plus fees and taxes.

Did you order blind spot? The triangle should show up on the big mirror, the gooseneck ball and hooks are an additional kit. Your mirror switch should look like this one if you have power convex mirrors.

Attachments

• 20211119_160842.jpg
    20211119_160842.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 67

Blowenblu

Reaction score
XH7 is the trailer view camera (IIRC, not by my build sheet) that will display while driving in Digital rearview. Needs to be wired to back of trailer, and have connector to LH of rear plate. Will work whole time driving. Surround view/trailer surround will turn off in main display (not mirror) after a bit of forward motion.
What do you mean not by your build sheet? Is it labled something other than XH7?

Reaction score
Did you order blind spot? The triangle should show up on the big mirror, the gooseneck ball and hooks are an additional kit. Your mirror switch should look like this one if you have power convex mirrors.

@brv10 thanks, I do not have that extra button up front! Dang oh well. Just gonna have to adjust the small mirror by hand.

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Yes that is the intent of the Tow Mode camera - it effectively moves your Rear View Mirror view to behind trailer. The Tow Mode coax camera can be toggled between that and regular CHMSL camera in the Digital rear View Mirror.
My only complaints are the Digital RV mirror is a wider angle which has benefits but it makes everything look further away than a conventional Rear View Mirror and if you wear progressive bifocals, it may take a tweak of your lenses since top is for distance and mirror is close.
Thanks for info, In that case I might try to find a aftermarket camera like the one in the CHMSL to mount on my truck cap and buy a aftermarket wire to connect. I'm sure it would probably be cheaper than trying to order the XH7 kit after truck has been built.

Rampingup

Reaction score
I just noticed on the tracking sheet that I have dropped to #630. EEEEKKKKK.....oh well, no problemo:cool: Nice to have the additional company while waiting. I guess that is nothing compared to the 15.000+ posts on this site which I have been following like a stalker. Sad isn't it what a retired man does in the wee hours of a Monday morning. At least I'm not still fighting the Monday morning drive in to work crowd. For all of you doing this, you have my sympathy. I know it doesn't help, but you still have it. Hopefully a lot more will get their build/ship/deliveries today. Sorry for the rant, too much coffee.o_O

Users who are viewing this thread