Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jtwes

Reaction score
I agreed to 400 over invoice in writing and also if available at time of purchase they would honor affiliate, they put both in writing for me. We’ll it was a email but still that’s better than he said she said.

Attachments

• C6FC6131-CB2E-491F-9387-1BC258AAFC10.jpeg
    C6FC6131-CB2E-491F-9387-1BC258AAFC10.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 70

Drozdster

Reaction score
Shipping should run you around $1,200. MD should be able to save you more than enough to offset that.
WOW! You are correct, I received 2 quotes for $1,250 to transport. And, yes, MD still beats it by about $1,500. So I am sitting here wondering if it's worth it to buy it from MD or my local Dealer. Tough decision. And this is why the Affiliated Program adds another layer of complexion to the purchase.

Robfreitas

Reaction score
That's what worries me. If I order from the Dealer, than in 4 months when the truck (hopefully) arrives, the dealer says (or FCA changes the rules or models) that the Affiliates Program is no longer offered, we're screwed? There is nothing in the writing in the initial paperwork that locks in the price? This is what scares me. Has anyone on this forum been told when they signed the contract that they will qualify, than when the truck arrives you no longer qualify for any reason? And than have to pay full price?
As of right now my mrsp if 1000 over what we agreed too and im also not getting 1000 in rebates/,insensitive that i was planning on getting

Mptolomey

Reaction score
WOW! You are correct, I received 2 quotes for $1,250 to transport. And, yes, MD still beats it by about $1,500. So I am sitting here wondering if it's worth it to buy it from MD or my local Dealer. Tough decision. And this is why the Affiliated Program adds another layer of complexion to the purchase.
Don’t forget your PenFed discount, that’s an additional $500. Nice thing about MD, the price is locked in and you don’t have to worry “if” the affiliate program will/would be honored.

matemike

Reaction score
I have a question, how did I go from number 665 to 666 on the spreadsheet?
Pretty sure it goes by order date. If you look closely through the list The NG numbers get out of sequence ever so often, but dates do not.
Also, my experience was that if you put one on the list that was ordered much earlier than the latest on the list, your info still goes in at the bottom of the list, but it is not until someone else enters another order that it sorts itself out again and yours will be in the proper date order.

MacDuff

Reaction score
Got my window sticker yesterday, any of you gents have an idea how long shipping is typically taking to the Northern Virginia area? I know absolutely nothing set in stone, just trying to get a ballpark. Thanks!

owdiss78

Reaction score
Don’t forget your PenFed discount, that’s an additional $500. Nice thing about MD, the price is locked in and you don’t have to worry “if” the affiliate program will/would be honored.

To get this pended one you open an account with $5 and how do you get the $500 for dealer?

pacu44

Reaction score
That's what worries me. If I order from the Dealer, than in 4 months when the truck (hopefully) arrives, the dealer says (or FCA changes the rules or models) that the Affiliates Program is no longer offered, we're screwed? There is nothing in the writing in the initial paperwork that locks in the price? This is what scares me. Has anyone on this forum been told when they signed the contract that they will qualify, than when the truck arrives you no longer qualify for any reason? And than have to pay full price?
I signed a doc stating the price I was going to pay pluss TTL minus any rebates. Price quoted is on the doc I signed...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
CAMERA QUESTIONS, My Laramie should be arriving any day. I ordered it with CTR Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera, Surround Camera System, and Trailer Reverse Guidance. I decided on adding a Bed Cap. I'm assuming this will cover up my digital rear view camera. From what I have read, the Trailer Camera Prep allows for camera to be placed on rear of your trailer and show on your rear view Digital Mirror. 1st question: For you guys that have used this, can you set the trailer camera to be viewed in rear view mirror for your entire trip? If so I'm thinking I should have ordered the Trailer Camera Prep and could have mounted the trailer camera on the back of my cap so I don't loose my Digital Mirror function due to that camera be blocked by bed cap. 2nd. question: Can I order the "Trailer Camera Prep" after the fact and install myself? 3rd question: Are trucks with the digital rearview mirror already programed for the trailer camera (just add the "Trailer Camera Prep" ) plug and play?

The digital rearview stays on all the time.

There's a thread on relocating the camera from the CHMSL, but I'm not finding it right now. You really just need to extend the Fakra connector(coax cable) and move the camera to a housing.

The trailer rearview could be mounted on the cap, the connector is in the bumper.

The trailer camera prep is the 12-pin for Aux trailer camera and/or 360° trailer camera setup.

Best to ask more in the following thread, they can probably point you in the right direction if you want to move the camera as well.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just a reminder that while a few side conversations here and there are OK, please don't clutter this already large thread with long posts of pictures of your other toys, excessive off topic discussions of unrelated subjects, modifications or accessories, or functional usage of features in the trucks that are more than likely covered in one of the many other forums/threads available here on HDRams. Don't be upset if your post gets moved to another thread after being reported.

Explore a little outside this thread and you might be amazed at what you find.

Thanks for understanding.

ACEd

Reaction score
CAMERA QUESTIONS, My Laramie should be arriving any day. I ordered it with CTR Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera, Surround Camera System, and Trailer Reverse Guidance. I decided on adding a Bed Cap. I'm assuming this will cover up my digital rear view camera. From what I have read, the Trailer Camera Prep allows for camera to be placed on rear of your trailer and show on your rear view Digital Mirror. 1st question: For you guys that have used this, can you set the trailer camera to be viewed in rear view mirror for your entire trip? If so I'm thinking I should have ordered the Trailer Camera Prep and could have mounted the trailer camera on the back of my cap so I don't loose my Digital Mirror function due to that camera be blocked by bed cap. 2nd. question: Can I order the "Trailer Camera Prep" after the fact and install myself? 3rd question: Are trucks with the digital rearview mirror already programed for the trailer camera (just add the "Trailer Camera Prep" ) plug and play?
First you should understand there are 3 different trailer camera systems.

First there is the 12 pin camera setup that may or may not be included on your truck depenfing on option pkg. That is probably the camera prep wiring kit you mention.

It supports (1) the trailer surround view under 5 mph (2) the earlier rear mounted camera. Both of which display in the 12 inch screen

The 3 rd camera is the Tow Mode camera pkg which was introduced i believe new in the 2022 year. It pairs to the Digital Rear View Mirror thru a coax connector on left of license plate. If you have the Digital mirror you may already have this connector. This is i believe the only camera that displays thru the RV mirror

In either case you can teoretically buy the camera separately if you already have the truck side sonnection

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
WOW, now I sound like KingPhillips!!!
I can’t handle it anymore. I’ve been on this forum since 7/4/21 and have heard about kingPhillips for a long time! Kind of remember MAYBE a member with that moniker who was not the coolest of folks to say the least.
QUESTION? Who or what is KingPhillips?

Smalltown

Reaction score
I can’t handle it anymore. I’ve been on this forum since 7/4/21 and have heard about kingPhillips for a long time! Kind of remember MAYBE a member with that moniker who was not the coolest of folks to say the least.
He's like herpes, he keeps coming back.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

He got a temporary timeout from this thread (not from the forums) for posting his constant stream of consciousness even after being politely asked to stop. Maybe he was drunk posting, maybe not.

He decided instead of waiting and watching, it would be a good idea to create another (and later multiple) profiles. That's very much against site rules so he eventually got permabanned. He recently showed up again despite the methods in place to prevent multiple account creation.

He also was very vocally anti Mark Dodge, not believing members were getting deals, until HE struck a deal with them and then wouldn't STFU about it.

Users who are viewing this thread