Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly, I was told by product development that to get my 360 view they could use a chip from a Tradesman, but I would lose the power fold function, I said I will ride it out and see

How many chips for those new extending tow mirrors you helped design? And by design I mean just copy the dang Ford mirrors already.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
How many chips for those new extending tow mirrors you helped design? And by design I mean just copy the dang Ford mirrors already.
I just build the trucks, and deal with the engineers daily, who are working from home

pguerrero693

Reaction score
Just got off the Ram Chat. My 2022 Limited Mega Cab night edition (with sunroof) is in the "Paint" stage. That's seems much further along than I've seen others on this thread.

In a perfect world, how long until it's actually finished? Lol. I'm thinking maybe November. Maybe sooner?

Jake L

Reaction score
Just got off the Ram Chat. My 2022 Limited Mega Cab night edition (with sunroof) is in the "Paint" stage. That's seems much further along than I've seen others on this thread.

In a perfect world, how long until it's actually finished? Lol. I'm thinking maybe November. Maybe sooner?
Probably sooner than that. unless you get really unlucky.

MegaStro

Reaction score

Ordered the same thing but without Sunroof, have seen no movement. When did you order?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
July 6. Im surprised myself.. I imagined I'd get it late-December but look at that.. I gotta sell my truck pretty soon now lol.

giphy.gif

I ordered June 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
July 6. Im surprised myself.. I imagined I'd get it late-December but look at that.. I gotta sell my truck pretty soon now lol.

Are you not on the VIN/Order tracker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burnandearn

Reaction score
There are multiple chips in each module
I realize that you could have more than one module could have multiple chips in a module but the vast majority of what is it a vehicle is dumb meaning there is no real computing going on just sending voltage here or there or giving a ground connection. Short of what is on the bus network it’s a voltage or resistance reading that is monitored by one of the smart modules like a pcm or tcm. Call me ignorant but a microchip is the cpu. the rest is just a circuit board to carry the voltage or supply grounds and create resistance to achieve a voltage. Don’t really see why you would have as many as some of these claims. Ev having substantially more I understand. I’d like to know why there would be more than one microchip short of what’s needed in the few modules that hold a small memory and actually do any computing. If you can explain im more than happy to hear the explanation.

Combra6589

Reaction score

Supposedly my megacab limited is in storage

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
The scheduling makes no sense at all.
I was reading an interview with the head of stellantis. They were asking about the impact to production with all the chip issues. They said something to the effect of “we’re going to build the higher profit vehicles first”. So…guessing after tradesman the limited megacab is the next highest profit?

beckty85

Reaction score
I was reading an interview with the head of stellantis. They were asking about the impact to production with all the chip issues. They said something to the effect of “we’re going to build the higher profit vehicles first”. So…guessing after tradesman the limited megacab is the next highest profit?
Or those of us with the best deals ….are last.

Users who are viewing this thread