Following on the heels of the recent launch of the 2021 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty and 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie and Limited models, RAM Trucks Australia now boast the most comprehensive range of official, factory authorized full-size pickups in Australia. To add even more depth to its lineup, RAM Trucks Australia has now opened up ordering for the Ram 3500 Heavy Duty in Laramie trim for the first time.
The Ram 3500 Laramie underwent the same wide-ranging design, homologation, and manufacturing processes that both the Ram 1500 and 2500 models passed. For reference, that included 50,000 hours of pre-build development hours, 80,000 kilometers (or almost 50,000 miles) of real-world road driving, and 20,000 kilometers (or about 12,450 miles) of full-vehicle durability testing.
The new Ram 3500 Laramie now sits atop a wide range of Ram Trucks beginning with the Ram 1500 Classic Express Quad Cab, moving up to the Express Crew Cab, Warlock, the Ram 1500 Laramie (DT), Ram 1500 Limited, and the Ram 2500 Laramie.
Like 2500, the Ram 3500 steps forward with new benchmarks in ride and handling, luxury, materials, innovation, and technology. With the same bold interior, engine, suspension, and four-wheel-drive (4×4) system, the Ram 3500 differ in its capability thanks to its two-stage longitudinal solid leaf axle. This allows a mammoth payload of up to 1,724 kg (3,800 lbs). The Ram 3500 also has a towing capacity of up to 8 tons or 16,000 lbs, nothing else comes close in the Australian marketplace.
The Ram 3500 Laramie is powered by the iconic 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel inline-six-cylinder engine delivering 276kW (370 horsepower) and a tough 1,152 Nm (850 ft.-lbs) of torque. The Cummins offers remarkable responsiveness and impressive torque ratings for outstanding towing capability, without compromising efficiency. It is mated to a 6-speed 68RFE automatic transmission that is electronically controlled with gear ratios optimized for the 6.7-liter Cummins.
Sorry Heavy Duty fans, the Cummins H.O. (High-Output) inline-six engine is not available for the Australian market.
RAM Trucks Australia is the world’s only RAM-authorized manufacturer of right-hand-drive (RHD) Ram pickups. RAM Trucks Australia’s relationship with Ram Trucks in the United States began back in 2013 and continues to innovate to deliver no-compromise, full-size pickup trucks that lead in durability, technology, and efficiency.
All RAM Trucks Australia vehicles are international-spec vehicles, uniquely coded for the Australian market and the local build process. With over 400 locally-sourced new parts involved in its transformation journey from left-hand-drive (LHD) to RHD, the Ram 3500 sets new benchmarks in the full-size Australian pickup truck segment.
A Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4×4 includes the following standard equipment…
- 6.7-liter Cummins Turbodiesel I-6 Engine
- 6-Speed 68RFE Automatic Transmission
- 6-Foot, 4-Inch Cargo Tub Length, Available With or Without The RamBox® Cargo Management System
- 12-Inch Uconnect 5 Information with Split-Screen Functionality & Navigation
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- 6-Passenger Capacity with 40/20/40 Front Bench Seat Configuration
- Heated and Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Mounted Audio Control
- Heated and Ventilated Front Outer Seats
- 60/40 Stadium-Folding Rear Bench Seat
- Trailer Brake Control with Built-In Trailer Sway Control
- Digital Rear-View Mirror & 360-Degree Surround View Camera
- Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking (FCW+)
- Front & Rear ParkSense® Park Assist System and ParkView® Rear Back-up Camera
- LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning-Plus
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- 18-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
- Fully Damped Tailgate with Power Release
The Ram 3500 Laramie has a starting price of $162,950 AUD (or about $116,288.45 USD) plus on-road costs. The Ram 3500 Laramie is available in two exterior colors, Bright White and Granite Crystal. For more details, you can visit RAM Trucks Australia’s website.
Australian-Spec 2022 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 4×4 Image Gallery: