One of the most popular trends on the truck market today is to have a completely blacked out (murdered out) truck. Now for the past several years, the Ram Truck brand has offered options on several of its trim levels to offer an all-black version. Now, with the new 2019 Ram Heavy Duty trucks hitting lots we are getting a chance to see some options the Ram Truck brand has yet to show to the public.
Currently, several models of the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic and all-new 2019 Ram 1500 offer the option. So we weren’t surprised when Ram rolled out the 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Black at this year’s North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) during the launch of the new 2019 Ram Heavy Duty lineup in Detroit. Now we are getting our first chance to see the new 2019 Ram Heavy Duty Big Horn (Lone Star in Texas) Black package.
The 2019 Ram Heavy Duty Big Horn Black Appearance Package adds a total of $2,295 (USD) to your Big Horn. The package includes the following…
- 20–Inch x 8.0–Inch Black Painted Aluminum Wheels
- LT285/60R20E OWL Firestone Transforce AT On/Off-Road Tires
- Black Headlamp Bezel (Base Halogen Lamp Standard on Big Horn/Lone Star)
- Black Tail Lamp Bezel (Base Halogen Lamp Standard on Big Horn/Lone Star)
- Black Grille – Gloss Black Nostrils/Gloss Black Billets
- Black Ram Door Badge
- Black Big Horn/Lone Star Badge
- Black Ram Head Badge on Tailgate
- Black Front R-A-M Badge
- Black 2500/3500 Hood Badges
- Black 6.4L HEMI Badge (6.4L only)
- Black Cummins Diesel Badge (6.7L only)
While we find the standard halogen headlamp and tail lamps on the Big Horn Black to look menacing, a customer can opt for the Premium Lighting Group which includes Bi-LED Projector Headlamps with Signature Lighting, LED Taillamps and Fog Lamps with Signature Lighting. This particular truck from our friends at Lancaster Dodge is equipped with the 4×4 Off-Road Package. The optional $495 (USD) 4×4 Off-Road Package adds additional features like…
- Bilstein® Front Performance Tuned Shock Absorbers
- Hill Descent Control
- Tow Hooks
- Transfer Case Skid Plate
- Bilstein® Rear Performance Tuned Shock Absorbers
When you equip the Big Horn Black with the 4×4 Off-Road Package, you get a pickup that looks good enough to hit the urban nightlife scene and capable enough to tackle most off-road objects you can throw at it. There is no doubt that the 2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn Black will be a very popular package for the new Heavy Duty lineup. And if you are one who doesn’t like the all-Black paint job but loves the black accents, the 2019 Ram Heavy Duty does have an optional Night Appearance Package that might just suit your taste.
The Big Horn Black Appearance Package is available on 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500 Big Horn/Lone Star models. This includes Regular, Crew and Mega Cab models in both 4×2 and 4×4 configurations.
You must be logged in to post a comment.