Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your truck's first time

bht222u

Reaction score
Yesterday my truck, at just under 3 months old and about 4500 miles, got it's first scratch.

One of my twins was riding his bicycle and accidentally fell into my truck and scratched it. He's 5, I understand accidents are going to happen but the truck was so young! Lol

Anybody want to share your truck's first scratch and dent? Hopefully they're better than mine.

Mat_HD

Reaction score
Yesterday my truck, at just under 3 months old and about 4500 miles, got it's first scratch.

One of my twins was riding his bicycle and accidentally fell into my truck and scratched it. He's 5, I understand accidents are going to happen but the truck was so young! Lol

Anybody want to share your truck's first scratch and dent? Hopefully they're better than mine.
I'm still waiting on my truck, but I'll share a very embarrassing first scratch story from a new 2018 Charger Scat Pack with beautiful IndiGo Blue paint that I had a few years ago.

Had it for maybe a week, car was parked in the garage. Wife and I were out in the garage messing around with handstands since it was raining and we were bored. Important bit of info, I was several drinks deep at the time. On one of my attempts, I went to kick up and basically kicked the entire driver door from bottom to top, dragging the bottom of my house slipper along the paint the whole way.

I was so sad, luckily I had an appointment for paint protection and ceramic coat later than week and they were able to get the scratches to completely go away since they weren't that deep. The slight dent always remained though, and I could always see it and be reminded whenever I looked down the side of the car in the sunlight.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
My truck had 2 small scratches when I got it.... My first was on Friday at the car wash, the gate came down and brushed the paint on the tailgate at the top where it sticks out....Took it to their detailer on Monday and he buffed the scratches out.

snikwah_30

Reaction score
I had my brand new, diamond black metallic truck for a week and I parked it close to the house since we were having friends over. Our driveway is a little weird and works better for parking. Apparently the tree that I parked under has some dead limbs because when I woke up the next morning there were wood chips on the ground around it.

The limb fell and hit right above the drivers side back door and the roof. Small dents on the roof on top and above the door and scuffed the paint. I was beyond furious, but still haven't gotten it fixed because it's hard to see. Either I'm about the only person who notices it or I'm surrounded by some incredibly considerate people because no one brings it up.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
took my softopper off for the 1st time, had about 7k miles on it. one of the support legs slipped and scratched the bed side. I need to get it repaired.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mostly scratched in the clear coat but my first real paint defect came at about 15k km when a guy in oncoming hit mirrors with mine he was over the line and the shrapnel chipped my door paint..... i turned around caught him and his insurance paid for it

Attachments

• 082B44C4-14D4-4FDE-92DB-1EDC8D27663D.jpeg
    082B44C4-14D4-4FDE-92DB-1EDC8D27663D.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 48
  • E913AA67-25F6-462A-A237-CFA97CB6860A.jpeg
    E913AA67-25F6-462A-A237-CFA97CB6860A.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 48

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Had mine for about a week and recued a 1.5 yr old bloodhound. Got him home and let him out to explore the farm and while on sniff patrol, he scratched all 4 corners of the truck, the durango, and the BMW with his big paws. 4 months later, I backed into someone in a parking lot for first dent. It's at the body shop now having the dent fixed.

RossT

Reaction score
Back in February, when Texas was freezing, my truck was a month old and my wife opened the passenger door into a rock wall... Decent ding right above the door handle. She didn't say a thing until I mentioned it.

Mat_HD

Reaction score
Back in February, when Texas was freezing, my truck was a month old and my wife opened the passenger door into a rock wall... Decent ding right above the door handle. She didn't say a thing until I mentioned it.
Wife and I were putting the doors back on the Jeep one day and she accidentally drops the driver side door onto the garage floor, folded in the corner of the door. The look on her face immediately afterwards was priceless.

Sawboss3

Reaction score
I play in a band, and we sometimes practice at my place. I have a nice heated & cooled detached garage where I park my Ram, and have band equipment set up. I normally pull the truck out of the garage when we practice, so we have more space. When I am practicing by myself, I don't usually move the truck. I have been using a cheap microphone stand for years without ever having an issue. One day, I bumped my stand, tipped it over, and the microphone smacked right into my passenger side door, just below the RAM badge, leaving a mark in the clearcoat. That happened when the truck was about 6 months old with maybe 5000 miles. I expect that one will buff out, along with the handful of others that its gotten since, but I haven't gotten out the buffer yet.

RossT

Reaction score
Of course she didn’t........probably asked, “where did you get the dent?”
Actually it was my best friend who saw it and she confessed to him, not me... She confessed to me after confessing to him. LOL The truck had less than 1500 miles on it.

Skooter76

Reaction score
3800 miles and a pretty good door ding in the right rear door. Very obvious so I stopped at the body shop yesterday. Made an appointment for paintless dent repair. $200.

cashflow44

Reaction score
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 BigHorn. Bought 9 months ago. Two small dents. One in the driver side rear fender and one on the top of the tailgate. I mean, c'mon is the body made of butter? My wife says I move around like a buffalo so I am sure I just bumped it trying to load something in the back.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
My first scratch that I witnessed was a small chip. Bout 4 weeks ago. Somebody was parked close to me and I squeezed to get in my door. I stepped on my step and went to get in and the rear sight of my pistol chipped the paint from under/ through my Tshirt. Small little chip on the edge of the driver side rear door.

the truck has a few other light scratches on it but I have no idea where they came from.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
This is my first dually. My first new truck. I parked in a parking lot. In the stall next to me was a grease pit, on wheels. When I parked, it was 18-24 inches away from my truck. when I went to leave, apparently it had been moved and I hit and dented and scratched the left fender.

Then in January, 40 days later, I got hit in a parking lot. Crushed passenger door.

Had both repaired. All is well. Truck is pretty again. And I'm not ill or disappointed any more. And truck only have 7500 miles on it.

JABLures

Reaction score
Wife went to Lowes to buy mulch and the forklift operator managed to rip through the bedliner down to bare metal and tear up two of the hitch covers. Wont be the last time so I just sprayed black rustoleum on it and dried my tears.

whitexc

Reaction score
Wife went to Lowes to buy mulch and the forklift operator managed to rip through the bedliner down to bare metal and tear up two of the hitch covers. Wont be the last time so I just sprayed black rustoleum on it and dried my tears.
Yeah, Lowe's would have been shelling out for that one. I had RR ties loaded in my 2nd gen by an old farmer on a sketchy skid loader with forks. He said don't worry, I won't touch your truck. He kept his word, never even grazing the bed with the forks. He was great.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread