Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You can't imagine the absurdity of Stellantis Road Side Assistance program

1ram

Reaction score
At 5:30 pm on Friday June 30, 2023, traveling on RT-90 in a brand new Ram 3500 with HO / Aisin AS69RC transmission (2000 miles on the vehicle) - the transmission completely blew up on the interstate off ramp, cutting us off from power completely while towing a 38” travel trailer exposing us to an extremely dangerous highway situation in highly congested stop and go traffic.

Shout out to another kind Ram 3500 owner towing rescued vehicles on a flatbed who tugged us to the closest parking lot

Stellantis Road Side Assistance was contacted at 7 pm when safe to do so to begin process of rescuing truck and trailer.

After numerous back and forth contact, Stellantis Road Side Assistance was unable to locate an “in-network” tow service to tow the truck 6 miles to the closest Ram dealership, and was unable to move with any sense of urgency ultimately leaving us stranded overnight - informing us at 10 p.m. that they will “try tomorrow”( are you kidding me?? luckily we were towing a travel trailer, otherwise we were just expected to sleep in the truck on the side of the road all night)

The next morning at 5:55 a.m. Stellantis Road Side Assistance contacted us, claiming that they have been unable to locate a provider for our vehicle type, and asked if we “still needed assistance” ( are you kidding me??.. x2) Stellantis Road Side Assistance was hoping we were so fed up with the service we took care of the job on own into the night...?

Stellantis Road Side Assistance finally found a provider, issuing a 90-120 min window, the provider never showed up, Stellantis Road Side Assistance then contacted us at 8:30 am informing us the provider cancelled, that “they couldn’t do it” Stellantis Road Side Assistance again asked if we still needed help, and is “escalating” the situation…( are you kidding me??… x3) no more words.

Stellantis Road Side Assistance has stopped contacting us entirely, and have no longer checked to to see if we are okay in the brand new truck that has stranded us on the side of the road, shame on you for doing this to any customer in need of assistance and who has paid for this service. What an absolute joke for a failed attempt providing even **** service. ( are you kidding me??… x4)

Meanwhile, two other vehicles have been picked up (behind and next to us)

# DONE WITH STELLANTIS

Attachments

• IMG_2472.jpeg
    IMG_2472.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2473.jpeg
    IMG_2473.jpeg
    736.5 KB · Views: 88

CdnHO

Reaction score
I won't rely on their so called roadside service. I use CoachNet. They are highly rated although I have not had a chance to use them. I used to use Good Sam and it appears they are about as good at Stellantis. They must have attended the same training as some dealerships. They don't give a ****.

1ram

Reaction score
I won't rely on their so called roadside service. I use CoachNet. They are highly rated although I have not had a chance to use them. I used to use Good Sam and it appears they are about as good at Stellantis. They must have attended the same training as some dealerships. They don't give a ****.
Called our auto insurance. A tow truck was dispatched immediately and regular follow ups, prompt service.
We are looking into more targeted road side assistance for situations when towing. Never again

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Posts reminded me to add towing on my insurance policy since my 3/36 bumper-bumper ran out.

I once tried to contact Roadside during inclement weather and gave up and called a private tow. Thankfully I just needed a jump (my jumpbox was also not fully charged).

werard

Reaction score
Called our auto insurance. A tow truck was dispatched immediately and regular follow ups, prompt service.
We are looking into more targeted road side assistance for situations when towing. Never again

This is what I would have suggested be done from the get go. As you have found out most manufacturer "roadside assistance" is anything but that.

I do hope everything does get resolved to your satisfaction.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Manufacture roadside has always been fine for me. I would say its more to the fact most tow companies dont want to touch large RV trailers.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
My experience is that 3rd party assistance providers usually don't provide much assistance, and when they do it's not timely. Any time I need a tow now I just call a tow truck service direct. They can tell you when to expect a truck to show up and may even call you to provide updates if it's going to be very long before the truck arrives.

When you call direct and tell them what you're driving and what you're towing, there'll be no misunderstanding as to what type of equipment they need to send.

1ram

Reaction score
Manufacture roadside has always been fine for me. I would say its more to the fact most tow companies dont want to touch large RV trailers.
They were only responsible for getting the Ram 6 miles down the road to closest dealership, not the trailer.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Good Sam = Camping World and they're one giant sh*t sandwich.

Will_T

Reaction score
Stellantis Road Side Assistance was hoping we were so fed up with the service we took care of the job on own into the night...?

They must teach this tactic in Ram customer service training school as it seems to be exactly the approach our dealer franchise takes towards warranty and recall work. Stall, stall, stall, making you wait, wait, wait, hoping you will just pay on your own.

jebruns

Reaction score
Our RV insurance and vehicle insurance have towing coverage included.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They were only responsible for getting the Ram 6 miles down the road to closest dealership, not the trailer.
It still sounds like the towing companies were not working with the roadside dispatch so im not sure if all the blame can be put on FCA but they are not completely innocent either

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
They must teach this tactic in Ram customer service training school as it seems to be exactly the approach our dealer franchise takes towards warranty and recall work. Stall, stall, stall, making you wait, wait, wait, hoping you will just pay on your own.

I'm dealing with this now trying to get the harmonic balancer replaced on my Cummins under a TSB. Part was on back order since Mar, now dealer is saying they're so low on techs, scheduling into late August.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Maybe this explains Dodge and Ram leading the 2023 J D Power Initial Quality Ranking. They stall on more customer complaints then they address. I assume the data comes from the dealers. Or maybe it comes from customers?

SargeW

Reaction score
I have used Coach Net for 20+ years. Have been towed twice, in Class A motor homes. Both tows over 60 miles one way. Both times the bill was over $1200. I paid zero. They are not the cheapest out there, but they are the best.

Users who are viewing this thread