Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOW!

THC1

Reaction score
And those of us who work in oil and gas industry are blessed, with every day that goes by that we have a job!! Luckily, I’m in exploration in South America, where we look to have at least another 5 years of work. My colleagues that where drilling in Gulf of Mexico, weren’t so blessed. This administration definitely not making it easy for us to keep working!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RIGHT.......Define reasoning of stopping the Keystone pipeline in the name of "green energy" and forcing oil to be transported from Canada to the coast by emission puking semi's. IGNORANCE!
A whole helluva lot more going on here than a change of the guard and a virus!!
I really needed a replacement truck and a 3/4 ton so I ordered and had to do without the BSMS due to the chip. Besides that, the truck arrived in less than 8 weeks. I traded a 15' GMC 6.2 fully loaded with heavy tow package. Four dealers offered 31K and I thought that was reasonable having paid 37 for it almost four years earlier. They have it listed for 40K on the lot with the original window sticker I left in the glove box showing MSRP of 47K in 2015. CRAZY!

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Do you argue and insult everybody? Seems to be a pattern.

I work in components that go in many applications. Including defense applications. When you take a defense order by law it is filled before anyone else's. When materials start going short for defense orders, it escalates the problem for anyone else who uses the same materials. Specific chemicals, alloys, resins, etc. People start substituting where they can and it affects more areas.

Like I said, anything with electronics in it is on shaky ground right now. All it takes is one single chip maker to stop hundred of billions in worldwide auto production. In the past month or so there have been a lot of sudden and deep shortages of random materials coming out of Asia. And Asian manufacturers and governments are not being transparent in how much they are being affected because they don't want their customers to second source.
The dependence on Asia is a perfect example of us putting all our eggs in one basket. We need to start producing critical electronic components and chips in this country again!

Users who are viewing this thread