Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would u hesitate ...?

pconklin46

Reaction score
Been searching for a 6.7 Cummins for a few weeks now .. used prices are crazy!!

say you found a 17 with pretty much everything u want that looked pretty clean from the pics (can’t go see it till next week) in the town next to you, so no traveling, but it had 88,000 miles on it and it was well within ur wife’s strict budget lol... would u jump on it or wait ?

MtnRider

Reaction score
88k is nothing for a diesel. But it all depends on price, condition, etc as to whether it is worth the asking price or not. Any mods to the truck? I would be VERY cautious if there are.

pconklin46

Reaction score
he says he will hold it for me till I can come see it. He’s on vacation now and I leave for vaca tomorrow lol. But all it has is delete and tunes

MtnRider

Reaction score
he says he will hold it for me till I can come see it. He’s on vacation now and I leave for vaca tomorrow lol. But all it has is delete and tunes

Exactly what I was getting at, I wouldn't touch it. I would never buy a tuned/deleted truck. Seen way too many time bombs sold that grenaded shortly after purchase. Transmission is a big one.

Splzhaul

Reaction score
I would never buy a deleted truck thats just me and my opinion. I know thee are a lot guys that will say there is nothing wrong with it but it is not for me. My feelings is if you want long life and most likely less problems the way it was built is the way it should stay. But again that is my own opinion and feelings.

pconklin46

Reaction score
Wow I guess I’m on the wrong page lol. I would never not buy a truck cus it’s deleted and tuned. In fact every truck I’ve looked at was lol and if I bought stock it’s the FIRST thing I would do. If u think California has the best interest for that truck in mind ur crazy lol

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Wow I guess I’m on the wrong page lol. I would never not buy a truck cus it’s deleted and tuned. In fact every truck I’ve looked at was lol and if I bought stock it’s the FIRST thing I would do. If u think California has the best interest for that truck in mind ur crazy lol
Sorry you didn’t get the opinions you wanted

Splzhaul

Reaction score
Sorry I just am of the mind set that if it was supposed to be that way it would come that way. But like I said to each there own everyone likes what they like. If you do buy it best of luck with it.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Funny thing is people will say they won't touch a deleted truck, but once they find an unmolested one, and buy it, they will delete it.

davis2

Reaction score
Been searching for a 6.7 Cummins for a few weeks now .. used prices are crazy!!

say you found a 17 with pretty much everything u want that looked pretty clean from the pics (can’t go see it till next week) in the town next to you, so no traveling, but it had 88,000 miles on it and it was well within ur wife’s strict budget lol... would u jump on it or wait ?
Does the seller have the deleted parts? Have it looked over by a mechanic... Go with your gut.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I never buy modified trucks its just personal preference but i like buying them from older people you know it likely had an easy life not beat on but if the rest of the truck is immaculate and you can tell its taken care of id say go for it providing its not a young kid who owned it

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I would look closely at the truck. Tuned or deleted wouldn't bother me except for here in CA it makes it hard to register.

MtnRider

Reaction score

This isn't about whether deleting is good or bad, this is about the chances that the truck is going to have problems because of it. You have no idea how it was treated and driven. Seen sooooo many posts where guys buy a tuned truck and a couple weeks later it needs a transmission etc. Bumping up the power on these trucks can be very detrimental if not driven with care.

On top of that, there is a chance (whether you think so or not) that we could end up with nation wide inspections and you are going to have to dump thousands of $ into it to get all the emission stuff again.

If you feel you need to delete, buy a stock one and do it yourself, at least you kind of know what you are starting with.

Last edited:

MtnRider

Reaction score
Funny thing is people will say they won't touch a deleted truck, but once they find an unmolested one, and buy it, they will delete it.

It's not about the deletes, it's about that kid that drove it before and how he treated it. It's real easy to start breaking parts once you turn the power up.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
echoing all the comments. it's not all at due to being deleted, but how it was treated afterwards. plenty O knotheads in the world that don't mind passing their eff ups on to unsuspecting / uneducated buyers.

Greenhills

Reaction score
All the above. You don't know if the previous owner had it turned up to 10 for its whole life and it's a month away from being a grenade.

Users who are viewing this thread