Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiring assistance

Darkone

Reaction score
As the title states I’m needing some help
With wiring. To be more specific grounding. I’m in the process of hard mounting an arb twin under my truck, which has snowballed into making a custom wiring harness, to include a rear 12v/usb power port mounted in the bed. I’ve decided to use a grounding block to make any future wiring needs easier.

My problem and question is mounting. I’m using a Blue sea 2104 stud block. It may be a bit over kill but I’d rather have more than I need and I’m going to be adding a front and rear Anderson ports that will attach to this. I plan on attaching this to the block and the frame then all my negatives will attach here rather than the battery. The plastic base is removable which would allow easier mounting can I hard mount this directly to the frame or will I cause myself problems.

I’m sure there are those out there that have better understanding of wiring that could help me out on this. I apologize for the long windedness to get to the question but I hope a little context will help with understanding what I’m trying to do

Darkone

Reaction score
I was able to come up with a solution I think will work. I’m going to mount the blue seas 2104 to the battery box on the drivers side. From there I plan to run 4/0 to the engine ground. It may be over kill but I have a piece left over from another project that’s the right length. That will give me the extras I need for current and future wiring.

As for the compressor mounting, I’ve decided the best place for me is under the bed on the passenger side (photo attached) This area seems to get very little road grime, Is unused and fairly clean after 2 years ownership.
Now I’m working with someone who is making me a bracket to mount the compressor too so I’m not mounting straight to the bed. I’ve made a remote filter mount for the intake that will be plumbed in between the bed and the cab for clean air. From there I’ll run lines to the front and rear of the truck for quick connects.

F528DCB2-F78E-421F-9538-F6BD8FC0BF47.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread