Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Charging Option?

techman

Reaction score
Is wireless charging standard on all 12" UConnect systems? I put my phone in the charging "area" and nothing happens. My phone has wireless charging and no case, but as far as I can tell it doesn't detect a wireless charging pad. It's a tall phone so I have to lay it sidewise. Is that an issue?

CharlieL

Reaction score
Are you sure you have the wireless charging pad? You can double check by getting an Equipment Listing using your VIN. Use this link. I have the charging pad, and have found that if the phone is not placed "just right" the wireless charging won't work.

techman

Reaction score
It is not on my equipment list. I had thought it was standard on all 22's with the 12" Uconnect 5.

I don't even remember seeing it as on option and I chose equipment level "C" on my order.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Don't know about the '22s but on my '20 Laramie with the 12" screen on the build sheet it specifies "Ramcharger Wireless Charging Pad" and on the Sales Code sheet it says "RFXP Ramcharger Wireless Charging Pad". I cannot remember if this was a separate order item or part of a package.

BSN81

Reaction score
I had it as an option on my 2020 Laramie. It was listed on the window sticker. I had heard it was not available as an option for late 2021 and all of 2022 due to a lack of parts. But it's now available for 2023. I will say though the thing was very finicky and barely worked. I usually just used the usb-c.

CharlieL

Reaction score
It is not on my equipment list. I had thought it was standard on all 22's with the 12" Uconnect 5.

I don't even remember seeing it as on option and I chose equipment level "C" on my order.
Sounds like you don’t have it, then. As said above, due to shortages certain options weren’t available depending upon build date. When I was shopping, I learned that I could not get power folding mirrors if I ordered a custom build. Those are an absolute necessity for me due to width of my garage door. Hopefully the lack of wireless charging is overcome by the rest of your truck..

Sixtime43

Reaction score
Sounds like you don’t have it, then. As said above, due to shortages certain options weren’t available depending upon build date. When I was shopping, I learned that I could not get power folding mirrors if I ordered a custom build. Those are an absolute necessity for me due to width of my garage door. Hopefully the lack of wireless charging is overcome by the rest of your truck..
I believe there are kits out there with the oem parts, etc... I was considering doing this myself at one point. Might have to revisit this... plugging in your phone is annoying. lol, first world problems right?

Reaction score
It was supposed to come with my 2022 Laramie (2HH) but they just left it out.
It’s obvious if you have the shelf for ram charger or not. USB are justified to the right, not centered.

techman

Reaction score
Confirmed...do not have it and that's ok. Thanks for everyone's help

Icky

Reaction score
I have it on my 22 and it sucks. It's not a fast charger, have to take it out of my case ( my desktop one will charge through the case) and it's in a weird location

CharlieL

Reaction score
I have it on my 22 and it sucks. It's not a fast charger, have to take it out of my case ( my desktop one will charge through the case) and it's in a weird location
My opinion is different. The charger is sufficiently "fast" enough for while in my truck & I don't need to remove the case. Sure, my desktop charger is faster & plugged into 120 volts. To be expected. While driving, especially on longer trips, I am not one bit concerned about the rate of charge. When I stop after a few hours of driving, it's usually at 100%. The charge goes up, even with the phone in use through Carplay. The location is fine with me; I don't need to be looking at the phone while driving & can use all of the features through voice - including responding to text messages. While I initially had some difficulty finding "just the right" location in the charger, that's not a problem any more. As long as the phone is pretty much centered, or left of center, on the charging spot, no problem. Right of center, that's the "no charge" zone.

jebruns

Reaction score
I had it as an option on my 2020 Laramie. It was listed on the window sticker. I had heard it was not available as an option for late 2021 and all of 2022 due to a lack of parts. But it's now available for 2023. I will say though the thing was very finicky and barely worked. I usually just used the usb-c.
I just got my 22 Ltd Longhorn and it has the wireless charging, so it was certainly available on 22 builds. I got to test it on my 400 mile drive home and it worked great on Samsung S22 Ultra with a case.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
I installed one a Course Motorsports wireless charger, to have phone closer by. It works well. Has a motorized clamping system. Hard wired it behind dash.

Attachments

• DA9F0EE0-3B72-4CEA-B50B-2999A9508237.jpeg
    DA9F0EE0-3B72-4CEA-B50B-2999A9508237.jpeg
    558.9 KB · Views: 22
  • CCD7A1F4-3A22-4588-B6AF-3737BE1DAC86.jpeg
    CCD7A1F4-3A22-4588-B6AF-3737BE1DAC86.jpeg
    521.2 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread